enable

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: Bobby — Nairobi
Gateway Insurance Company Ltd. - Kenya
Milimani Rd Nairobi, Select State/Province Kenya

Gateway Insurance Company Ltd. - Kenya Intentional and Heightened Delay in Paying Claims Nairobi Nairobi, Kenya

Gateway Insurance Co.Ltd in Kenya is certainly a company in financial trouble with news of an impending acquisition. Nonetheless, financial distress is no excuse for inefficiency and blatant arrogance from the managers of the company, right from the Claims management, the Finance Management, and non-accountability from the top management.  My accident happened in May. We are now towards the end of August and I still have not yet received compensation for my totalled vehicle. All I get are run-arounds even after dealing with three senior managers. After my agent was unable to get the claims deparment to expedite the claims process or at least provide logical explanation for what was causing the delay, I decided to step in and find out the root cause of the problem. It all starts with the Claims department. The manager dishes out his number, and what happens after that is nothing short of "tom and jerry". He refuses to pick up calls. I write to the top boss, but nothing really happenes in terms of expedition, a clear indication of insubordination from his reportees. The claims manager tells me straight to my face that it was my fault to have had the accident in the first place....no empathy at all!! I keep my cool. After finally submitting me with my DV via email because I had now contacted his top boss via email and even looped in my attorneys in the email, again the claims manager asks me unashamedly why I did not respond to his email on my DV, yet all he did was provide it...i question him why he refuses to picks up my calls, yet has the audicity to question why I fail to respond to a simple email whose response to was insignificant. On the material day of returning my log-book and keys, I meet the very same claims manager as I enter the offices. He tells me to go in and he will be with me in a minute. Almost an hour passes by, only to be told that he disappeared and is not even within the building. Another lie to a client! His staff receive the documents, but are reluctant to acknowledge receipt by signing on my letter that I had returned all required document...no one wants to be held accountable at all. I go to the head office a few days later. I meet with the finance manager who tells me he is aware of my issue and that he knows it has taken way too long. He assures me that on the third working day of meeting him, I go and pick my check. That is not to be! Four working days later, I am made to understand he provided clear instructions that the check should not be taken for the final signature.... a total breach of his word without any communication from him. I finally meet up with the top boss to get answers. At this point, I do not care about the check...I want ANSWERS!! What for crying out loud is wrong. I hear from the grapevines that about 2 senior officials have a personal vendetta against my agent and my intentionally be trying to frustrate him via the delayed check. Anyways, I meet the BOSS.... He is least apologetic, choosing to take most of my meeting with him defending systems and processes....i DO NOT CARE!! Just tell me when I am getting my check and why there is an intentional attempt to delaying the payment 3 entire months later. An insider attempts to assist me...they too are perplexed as to how difficult it is to get a simple matter resolved. In short, this company does NOT care about its clients. It is obvious that there are many claims lying unpaid for intentionally and some insiders have leaked that I am even lucky!!!!.....what!!! Bottom line, the entire top management is inefficient and I make that clear to the boss that it is a direct mirror on his office when people reporting directly to him are treating clients the way they are. Anyways, I am done with Gateway Insurance Ltd, their arrogance, their inefficieny, their lying...NOTHING POSITIVE! Now you know...ask around before giving them any form of business for as long as the management remains the same...PERIOD!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Insurance-Company-Ltd-Kenya/Nairobi-Select-StateProvince/Gateway-Insurance-Company-Ltd-Kenya-Intentional-and-Heightened-Delay-in-Paying-Claims-1171040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Insurance Company Ltd. - Kenya