Complaint Review: Gateway MPC

• Reported By: Bryan — Chandler Arizona USA
Gateway MPC
7565 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, California United States of America

Gateway MPC Gateway Gateway Computers Warranty ripoff Irvine, California

I purchased an extended 3-year warranty on my Gateway Tablet M285-E computer.  The computer now needs servicing.

Going online, I find I have (as of this writing) 32 days left in my warranty.  I ask Gateway to send me an RMA so I can send the computer back.  Gateway, however, sends me an email saying "We sold the warranty division to MPC, here's their address, email and phone number".

The email is dead, the phone numbers are shut off.

Gateway has ripped me off $350 for the extended warranty.

DO LIKE I AM DOING, FIND THEIR OUTLET CENTERS!  I've been targeting STAPLES to stop carrying Gateways.  Please support this effort-- it is something we, as consumers, can do to keep others from getting hurt by this terrible, horrible, theiving company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-MPC/Irvine-California-92618/Gateway-MPC-Gateway-Gateway-Computers-Warranty-ripoff-Irvine-California-491681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway MPC