Complaint Review: Gateway Management Services, Ltd., Centurion Financial Services Premium 2000, Premium 2000 Plus

• Submitted: Sat, April 10, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 27, 2004

• Reported By:Ireton Iowa
4265 Brownsboro Road, Suite 220 Winston-Salem, North Carolina U.S.A.

Gateway Management Services, Ltd., Centurion Financial Services, Premium 2000, Premium 2000 Plus ripoff -won't pay for transmission, Lawyer-says I have all my receipts, small claims court will be taking them Winston-Salem North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: valid calims are paid!

I bought an extended warranty with my vehicle two years ago. In March of 2004 my transmission went out. I took it to a dealership to have it looked at. They said the transmission was out and they called the company and told them.

Gateway Enterprises told them to fax all of my receipts to them. The dealership did that, and the gal said that the mileage wasn't written on the tickets. He told her that she had her oil changed about every 3,000 miles and you could tell that by the dates on the tickets. The contract doesn't state that you have to have mileage on the receipts. The oil needs to be change every 4 months or 4,000 miles.

She said maybe they could work around that. Someone was suppose to call back and never did. I had the dealership call them back and they said they weren't going to pay for it. The reason is because I had my transmission flushed 6,000 miles to early. According to their contract it is suppose to be done according to whatever the GM service manual says. I did that.

I was going to do it again when the contract said to , which was between 45,000 miles and 55,000 miles. I had a lawyer look over the contract and all my receipts and he said I have everything I need. He figured up my mileage for my oil changes and said I needed 15 oil tickets and that is what I have. My mom called the company and they hung up on her because she wasn't the contract holder. I went back to where I bought my car and the warranty from and they quit using that warranty two years ago, because they ran into the same problems with other customers.

Crystal
Ireton, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2004 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Management-Services-Ltd-Centurion-Financial-Services-Premium-2000-Premium-2000-Plus/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27106/Gateway-Management-Services-Ltd-Centurion-Financial-Services-Premium-2000-Premium-200-87303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Management Services, Ltd., Centurion Financial Services Premium 2000, Premium 2000 Plus

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

valid calims are paid!

AUTHOR: Lynn Murphy - (U.S.A.)

Premium 2000 Plus has paid nearly $4,000,000 in claims since the program was introduced in 1997. Nearly 2,500 claims have been paid at an average of $1,600 per claim -- valid calims are paid!

Continuing maintenance is required on warranted vehicles as with any warranty or service contract on new and used cars alike. Maintenance of a vehicle is critical; everyone is aware. Premium 2000 Plus requires oil and filter changes and transmission inspection (for leaks or visual abnormalities) every 4 Months/4,000 Miles, whichever occurs first. This then requires service invoices with date and odometer reading to determine if the requirement was met. It is possible to drive 7,500 miles, for instance, in less than four (4) months. Unless the service was completed prior to 4,001 miles the service requirement would not be met and the claim would be invalidated.

Crystal wants the contract to read differently so that she can acquire benefit she is not due. The warranty is not every 4 Months or 4,000 Miles. The "whichever occures first" is important language. The same language is used to describe the term of the contract is is for 60 Months or 100,000 Miles, whichever occurs first. I am sure this is as easy to understand. It isn't for 100,001 miles, it isn't for 60 months and one day. When either is reached the warranty expires.

Sincerely,