Complaint Review: Gateway Mazda

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2004

• Reported By:Englewood Colorado
Gateway Mazda
90 South Havana Street Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Gateway Mazda Sexist Pig Mechanic and Service Advisor That Don't Know What They Are Doing! Aurora Colorado

Let me start out by saying they got what they deserved. I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 and it ran fine until my husband took me away on a romantic get a way on the way back home the car started acting up finally when we pulled in the drive way the transmission went out.

Called road side assistance and they had it towed to Gateway Mazda. Gateway got us a rental car because it was going to take 3 days to get it fixed on the third day they called and said it was fixed. We picked it up later that day but noticed the car was grinding every time you put it in first gear so it went back and they "fixed" the syncros in the tranny once again we got the car back and it seemed to be working fine for about 2 days.

One night after work we went to take our two kids out to eat but had to stop at the gas station first. We went to pull out of the gas station and the car jerked real hard and the gear shifter flung out of first gear so hard it bruised my husbands hand and the car wouldn't move. So once again we called road side assistance and they had the car towed to Gateway again.

The next morning they called us and said that it wasn't the transmission but it was the clutch in witch warranty would not pay for and it was going to cost us $975.00. My husband and my grandfather are both mechanics and agreed that there was no way it was the clutch.

My husband and I went down to gateway and asked to see the clutch but they replied by saying that they didn't have the clutch out so of course he asked why they thought it was the clutch and their response was " we have never seen a transmission do this before and since it is mainly driven by a female that is what the problem is" I asked why they would say that and Richard the service manager said "oh I have a daughter and I have had to replace her clutch several times, females mave a bad habbit of riding the clutch".

Needless to say we didn't have them repair the car again so we took it to McDonald Mazda. They checked it out and said that it was the transmission and not the clutch in fact there was absolutly nothing wrong with the clutch. They fixed the car and it ran fine like it was supposed to do. But instead of warranty paying for it Gateway had to and it came out of Richard's paycheck. So all I have to say is shame on you Richard you sexist pig. Ha Ha

Rhianna
Englewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2004 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Mazda/Aurora-Colorado/Gateway-Mazda-Sexist-Pig-Mechanic-and-Service-Advisor-That-Dont-Know-What-They-Are-Doing-78390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Mazda