It started off with a home mortgage loan back in Feb 07 with Gateway and we found these guys on the internet. My dad started the process to help me out. As you will read I compiled the following letter to send to their corporate headquarters after all was thru. If you are wondering if I contacted them, "yes" I did. They are located in Oklahoma somewhere.
I found out the day before my original closing date thru the Senior branch manager Norman Martel that he would be taking over our case. I signed a bunch of paperwork to include the Lock in paperwork with John Wynn months prior and never got the signed copies back.
To this day I still haven't seen them. I just got an e-mail from a Mr Norman Martel stating he was the "senior" branch manager out of Virginia Beach Virgina. To this day I have never met him in person. The closing kept being delayed for one reason or another which caused me and my father alot of undue stress.
Not knowing when I was closing was one stressor, having someone back out at the last minute was another and to have the Senior branch manager yell at me on the phone and then tell my dad in an e-mail that he was not a nice person all led to a very disturbing experience. If you don't believe this I still have the e-mail Mr Martel sent my dad.
And by the way, the lead processor for Mr Martel's company is his wife Mrs Martel. Isn't that cozy? I also did contact their corporate HQ I found on the internet and talked to a guy who was the customer service manager and he helped a little but pretty much told me if I wanted to back out he would understand.
It's a little hard to back out after you have submitted and signed tons of paperwork, invested monies and given up every account number you have with alot of personal information so I was pretty much stuck with whatever Mr Martel wanted to do or asked of us. And believe me they nickled and dimed us up until the very last minute. I finally was told the day of the closing that I was closing. The following was a letter addressed to Mr Martel and his corporate HQ but I decided not to send it because I did not want any retaliation by Mr Martel since I've already experienced some of his temper on the phone.
To whom it may concern:
The following is the list you asked for of everything that didn't go so right with John and your company. You asked me to send a list. Lets also leave it where there is as little communication between you and my father. I don't appreciate you telling him he's not a nice person.
Considering what we have gone thru with your company I think both of us are being extremely nice and patient considering the lack of professionalism, organization and knowledge your company has. And let me also include the shady way you handled this process. To this day we still don't know the real reason Mr John Wynn just backed out at the last minute.
1. Back in March 07 John Wynn said we had 6% interest rate but couldn't promise he could hold it for more than 60 days. You deny this stating you never go past 30 days and questioned me when I said it. You don't know what John said because it was at my sisters house and my father, Mr Wynn and myself were present. NOTE: he has all the signed copies that I signed to include the lock in form and hasn't returned any of the paperwork to us. When I faxed my paperwork to Corporate HQ they stated I don't have a leg to stand on because I didn't have a lock in form. (Mr Wynn never returned my signed copy)..Mr Martel states "THEY" never promise more than 30 day lockins. BS YOU weren't sitting there at my dining room table with Mr John Wynn when I signed the Lock in forms (that I never got back). So which company do you guys work for since you both are telling clients different policies.
2. I have sent numerous e-mails to John Wynn asking if there was anything else I needed to provide to include CCing my insurance people and lawyer. I asked the week before closing and the week of closing (the first closing 25 May 2007) and I have cooperated with everything he has asked for. Now in turn you are asking for the very same documents that I have faxed to John several times.
3. Once closing is accomplished which you can add to the list was supposed to be on 25 May 07.
I want all the copies of anything I gave John back. He has all our account information to include any information from my fathers account. At this point I'm not sure who we can trust.
4. Your GATEWAY paperwork states that you will give your clients atleast 24 hour notification if the interest rate changes. No one gave us verbal or written notification that what we discussed has changed. (6%) I had to find it in the forms that were e-mailed to me the day before my "supposed" closing on 24 May 07 that the interest rates had changed. The forms were sent by you to myself and that is how I had to find out.
5. On 22 May 07 Mr Wynn called me and asked me to fax some more forms in which I abided. Not once did he mention he was having complications or that there may be a possibility of not closing that Friday 25 May 07. I even specifically asked him if he would be coming to the closing and he asked me if I wanted him to.
6. The gift loan was known by John Wynn back in March 07. If there were specific things that needed to be accomplished with the accounts we should have discussed it then not the week of closing or the day before.
7. Two major players in the purchasing of this property (my lawyers and insurance companies) have called me to tell me that they had tried to contact John Wynn numerous times to include phone and e-mail and he wasn't responding.
8. If I needed a letter from the seller stating he would turn over the premises to me by 11 Jun 07 this should have been requested weeks ago.
9. Mr John Wynn stated to me a few weeks ago that if he appeared ditzy it was because he was closing on about 25 homes. Not my problem that he had too much to do that he couldn't effectively work on my property.
newport news, Virginia
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Gateway Click here to read about the finance company for Gateway Computers