Complaint Review: Gateway computers

• Submitted: Tue, December 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: R. G. Davis — Virginia Beach Virginia USA
Gateway computers

Gateway computers Was told by Gateway Support that a recovery disk for my Gateway Solo 4026 Laptop would be shipped to me within 2 weeks. Now they are saying NO recovery disk is available for my laptop. Internet

My Gateway Solo 4026 Laptop crashed numerous times and was easily restored with the utilities provided.  Then I had a crash that required a recovery disk from Gateway. Upon calling Gateway support I was promised that a recovery disk would be shipped to me for a fee of $20.  After giving my Credit Card number and waiting nearly a month I decided to give Gateway Support a call.  When I finally got a support person on the line I was informed that recovery media for my notebook was no longer available and that I would have to buy new Windows software from Microsoft!

I would never have bought a Gateway computer if I had known that they would discontinue support.  Their image has been tarnished forever in my mind.  When I go shopping for a new computer this evening it will definitely not be a Gateway.  I hope Gateway goes bankrupt and out of business forever.

Anyone considering buying a Gateway Computer should think twice and avoid the misery of a computer with no support.

R.G. D

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-computers/internet/Gateway-computers-Was-told-by-Gateway-Support-that-a-recovery-disk-for-my-Gateway-Solo-40-531586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway computers