Complaint Review: Gateway

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2005

• Reported By:Dunmor Kentucky
Gateway
13755 Diplomat Dr. #2 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Gateway Computer ripoff poor quality fraudulent billing put off resolving problem double charged for product deceived Dallas Texas

Received defective computer. Loud scratching noise coming from speakers all the time the computer is on and gets worse when hard drive is working. Contacted Gateway to resolve problem. Was told they would replace machine and when I received the replacement machine to return the defective one.

One month later, still no computer, AND, they charged my credit card for the replacement PLUS a case, which I had not ordered originally or after the fact. I have talked to CSR's across the US, and ever time I would give them my Service REquest # they would tell me it was not valid and the order was not completed. I have a list of eleven(11) Customer Service Reps and 5 service request #'s that I have talked to over the last month and none of them could solve my problem.

Each time I ask to speak to a Supervisor or Manager and they could not solve it either. I have been given 5 different delivery dates and don't have a replacement yet.

Donna
Russellville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2005 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway/Dallas-Texas/Gateway-Computer-ripoff-poor-quality-fraudulent-billing-put-off-resolving-problem-double-126955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway