Complaint Review: Gateway

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By:pocatello Idaho
Gateway
7565 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gateway extremely long shipping on laptop 1 1/2 months ripoff Irvine California

*Author of original report: resolved

*Consumer Suggestion: Cancel the order !

*Author of original report: file a complaint

*UPDATE Employee: contact Gateway

I ordered a Laptop computer, here is the order:

Qty. Item Description
1 Gateway NX860XL
1 Microsoft Works Suite 2006 on DVD
1 Consumer -3yr LoJack for Laptops (dwl)
1 C&B Portable 3yr Accidental Damage Plan (within 1 yr)
1 C ValuePln 3yr Parts/Labor/NoOnsite/TechSup-MBHigh1Yr

This computer was to be shipped and to my house by 3-9-07. I had ordered it and paid for it on 2-27-07 with credit. It is now 3-20-07 and Gateway has not shipped the laptop computer. I'm give a new estimate of 4-9-07 almost a month a half after I paid for it. I'm paying intrust on this laptop. I'm lossing time and money while I'm with out it.

I beleive if a company does not have a product to sale they should not sale it. This laptop is still for sale on the Gateway website but they cannot ship it. There are no disclaimers about possible delays in shipping. I feel they are not addressing this problem and every time I talk to or email Gateway they erge me to cancel this order.

The total price I agreed to is $1917 (total with shipping) If I were to buy the same computer on thier website today it would cost me $2247.98. I feel Gateway does not want to ship this item because they might be taking a loss it. I ordered it, I paid for it and I have saved every email about it, the product and the price but I have no computer.

I would like to file a complaint and keep it on file so other customers will not have to go through this. I also want Gateway to post a note in bold red letters stating that shipping delays will accure with a real estimate of the shipping date on the pay screen before the customer buys the computer. Also if Gateway is later than that date Gateway pays the consumer for every day past that date. This should be the case if even one computer is delayed.

What Gateway is doing is poor sales practices and it is hurting consumers.

Mark
pocatello, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway/Irvine-California-92618/Gateway-extremely-long-shipping-on-laptop-1-12-months-ripoff-Irvine-California-239974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway

resolved

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

It took some time but everything was resolved.  It is now 4 years later.  I still own the laptop I had problems getting.  It will still run most programs.  I have replaced the mother board and sent it back to gateway to be refurb (under warrenty).  Glade I did not cancel the order.  Good machine

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Cancel the order !

AUTHOR: Melinda - (U.S.A.)

If a company urges you to cancel your order, that is what you should do. Why aren't you?

file a complaint

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

go to www.bbb.com and file a complaint. I see other people on the net complaining about the same issue. It needs to be tracked. This company is abusing customers because Gateway is aware of the extreme delays and refuses to inform their customers. Also I have called and I was told the it was ordered on 2-27-07 the latest date is 3-9-07 (3 delays). Gateway knew there would be a delay when I ordered it and did not inform me of the delay.

contact Gateway

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Have you tried to contact customer service, or if you placed an order over the phone have you tried to call your sales rep? The display on the NX860XL was on delay. you said you got an email but make sure you call your rep or contact customer service if you placed the order over the web!!!

P.S. this may be a Vista issue that all companys are having!