Complaint Review: Gateway

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2003

• Reported By:reno Nevada
Gateway
4885 Kietzke Lane Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

Gateway Country Store ripoff digital camera gateway computer scam restocking charge no support protest mislead mistreated lied Reno Nevada

Gateway charged me $92.55 to return a digital camera that didn't work and didn't tell me about the restocking fee befor I purchased the camera.

I contacted the customer support team and noticed they supported their company not me the customer. I since bought a camera that works at Circuit City because Circuit City gives a full refund on returns.

The store manager and the 5 customer support people I contacted all act like they are on a team versus me the consumer. I feel scammed by Gateway Country Store of Reno, Nv and hope that consumer learn that there are many other places to buy computers, cameras, scanners, etc that won't charge 15% for returning a purchase that doesn't work.

Gil
reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2003 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway/Reno-Nevada-89502/Gateway-Country-Store-ripoff-digital-camera-gateway-computer-scam-restocking-charge-no-sup-61875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway