Complaint Review: Gateway

• Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:hays Kansas
Gateway
gateway.com Internet U.S.A.

Gateway, MPC Ripped off, run-around, completely livid, ridiculous behavior, no help Internet

I cannot belive that a mainstream computer company is allowed by the government to completely screw people over. My husband works hard and we are both students we do not deserve this.

We are under warranty with Gateway til 2010, they sold our contract to a company you may know as MPC. This company has currently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is unable to answer phone calls or respond to emails apparently. Every single call center's people were rude and completely unwilling to give even a little bit of constructive help. We spent nearly 2k on this thing, all we need is a new power adapter to make it work but apparently, $40 is to much for Gateway to deal with. I put in over 4 hours of time and effort on the phone and on the computer trying to figure this out.

I have come to the conclusion that I am screwed and I have to buy an adapter from an offbrand company. I should not have to buy anythying I should be completely covered by my now worthless warranty... I'm getting a lawyer.

Mrdible
hays, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway/internet/Gateway-MPC-Ripped-off-run-around-completely-livid-ridiculous-behavior-no-help-Intern-411265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway