Complaint Review: Gateway/Acer

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Tennessee Bisc — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Gateway/Acer
333West San Carlos San Jose, California United States of America

Gateway/Acer NEW computer with Audio problems-They want $$$ to fix it San Jose, California

*Consumer Comment: no ash

*Consumer Comment: Nope

Had an Emachine for nine years with no major problem-it just got old & slow. So we bought a ne Gateway in June 2012. We have ad volume problems-sometimes no sound at all other times music with no voice or very low voice..had to hace external speaker volume all the way up and still voice was very sketchy. Called Tech Support (india) and he said it was a non-warranty item he could not fix so he reffered me to another support area (India)

After explaining the problem and a little trouble shooting was advised that it was a software problem that he could fix from his end for $99.99! I replied that is ridiculous as the computr was built in China in April 2012 so it was still waranteed. He said waranty does not cover my issue so I had to pay. I said "no way" and hung up. I guess I can live without you tube video voice/music. Gateway Support Sucks !!!! Are ther no decent AMERICAN COMPUTER Companies left????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GatewayAcer/San-Jose-California-95110/GatewayAcer-NEW-computer-with-Audio-problems-They-want-to-fix-it-San-Jose-Californi-923088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway/Acer

no ash

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

when I goggled I got you instead, how sad

Nope

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

" Gateway Support Sucks !!!! Are ther no decent AMERICAN COMPUTER Companies left???? "

Nope. In our thirst for cheap electronics, which you bought a cheap computer, we have outsourced our parts to asia. There aren't any american made computers any more.

As for your issue, if it is indeed software related then no warranty on any computer will cover a software related issue. Have you googled the problem and attempted to fix it yourself?