Complaint Review: Gator Construction

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: Pete — Fayetteville Georgia United States of America
Gator Construction
134 Seacrest Road Zachary, Louisiana United States of America

Gator Construction Loy Bradbury Owner Nickname Gator Scamed by someone I thought I could trust Zachary, Louisiana

*General Comment: Please don't confuse this with Gator Construction of Baton Rouge

I had hail damage to my home in February od 2009 and received a 10,000.00+ estimate from State Farm. Since I had never files a claim in 20 years I was given extra for items that were not damaged. I have 100 + hardwoods on my property so those items receive constant damage from falling limbs. I decided to wait till I sell the home to repair them and putt the money into other home improvements.

Loy Bradubery, who worked for me and I had know for ten years recomended his son to do the repairs. Gator nad I agreed to do the work and what I wanted done with the extra money. There was no written agreement, no contract with company letterhead just my trust an e-mail address and phone number. he said his wife handled the books from home. He did the work and only the additional work needed to be done but was paid for. We shook hands and for 16 months despite me cpnstantly contacting him the work has never been done.

Shortly after the work was done I began receiving calls from two of the Gator's employees. their wifes and their lawyer threatning me saying the Gator owed them 1500.00 for services and they would put a lein on my home if I didn't pay. I repoter this to the gator and he said he would take care of it. After that it stopped as quickly as it started.

For 16 months I have tried to get him to complete the project to no avail.My wife eventually became so livid that she did a backround check on him. She uncovered through family children services a Louisiana address and athat he owed 70,000.00 in back child support. There is no record of him, his residence or his company in Georgia.

After hearing of the child support issue I put together a list of things that happened or that he told me throughout all this. The extortion incedent above and the following.

1) he asked me to pay his residential power bill.

2) his father began receiving the Gator's power bills even though he lives 100 miles away with a different power bill and they have not spoken since.

3) the Gator told me that he and his family put 70,000.00 down on a home for sale by owner and the owner skippen with the money but never owned to home. That is the same ammount he owes in Louisiana.

This is a lesson to be guarded even with people you think you know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gator-Construction/Zachary-Louisiana-70791/Gator-Construction-Loy-Bradbury-Owner-Nickname-Gator-Scamed-by-someone-I-thought-I-could-t-628491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gator Construction

#1 General Comment

Please don't confuse this with Gator Construction of Baton Rouge

AUTHOR: Jason - (United States of America)

I am the owner (partner) of Gator Construction of Baton Rouge, LLC. my name is Jason Wakefield I am comenting on this report because although the complaint appears to be from Georga, the company name says Louisiana, I looked up the name with the BBB in Zachery, La. and there is no record of such company.

I am a one third owner of gator construction of baton Rouge and I have no conection to or ever heard of till now,  the individial claiming to be gator construction in this report. That said we have been in buisness in La. for over 30 years and incorporated as Gator Construction since 2005. we have three locations we work from, Houma, La, Baton Rouge, La. and Prairieville, La. we have absolutely no complaints on file with the BBB.  Please do not confuse us with this dead beat individual. Thank you, Jason.