Complaint Review: Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By:balch springs Texas
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
1501 Gaylord Trail Grapevine Texas 76051 Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 817-778-1000
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

*Author of original report: Gaylord Hotel Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center Worker loudly accused my son of stealing a cookie. They ripped of my 12 year old son Grapevine Texas

*Consumer Comment: Price accuracy.

This is a letter my son wrote to the Gaylord and e-mailed it as well.
They ripped off my 12 year old son!

Do you remember me? I am Dillon, the boy that the cashieer accused of stealing a cookie.

The man caused a scene and everyone stopped to watch. It embarassed me and my mom and my grandma. Because I had paid $5.41 for the cookie and the man finally remembered that I had paid for it, but this is after he yelled at me about 4 times that I needed to pay for the cookie and everyone had stopped to watch.

You promised us a room for 4 people on my birthday. You said you would call me back the next day and didn't. My birthday is Jan. 17th. that is next week.

Either call us back this week or Monday of next week or did you lie to us, just to make us go away? I think you lied. This isn't good.
I didn't embarass you, i paid my money like anyone else would, and you made me feel like garbage.

So, what should we do about this now? We talked to another man there I don't remember his name but I think the lady's name was Susan, they came to help, and the man was over the manager of ICE. The man said his son had been in the same thing as this and it really hurt him.

You said we would have a good time for my birthday.
Call or e-mail us

The main thing that I was there with my mom who hadn't been out of the house in a long time because she had fallen down the stairs and broke her ribs, sternum and collar bone and you screwed it up for us.
My mom's name is Linda my Dad is Lucky and our home # is If you leave a message if we are at work and school WE will call you back.

Dillon's mom
balch springs, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaylord-Texan-Resort-Convention-Center/nationwide/Gaylord-Hotel-Gaylord-Texan-Resort-Convention-Center-Worker-loudly-accused-my-son-of-ste-418001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

AUTHOR: Dillon's mom - (U.S.A.)

We were there at Christmas and the cookies were $4.99 each plus tax.  The cost of the cookie is secondary to the underlying problem.

Price accuracy.

AUTHOR: Ullr - (United States of America)

Because cookies cost $3