Complaint Review: Geek Choice

• Updated: Sat, December 11, 2010

• Reported By: Marty Kazanjian — Lynn Massachusetts United States of America
Geek Choice
35a Myrtle Street Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Geek Choice Damien Moye, Chairman Sleezy, Scammers, pompous, deceptive, selfish, and cruel. Sex Offenders, Criminals Boston, Massachusetts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ripoff report is true, but Rebecca Butler is not to blame

*Author of original report: EVEN MORE EVIDENCE GEEK CHOICE IS A UNETHICAL

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Competitor using poor business practices

They find people off of Craig's List and On Force, and pay them $30 /hr and they dont respect them. These people are only contractors who are being scammed JUST as much as the customer.

Look  at this- they even send crooks to YOUR HOUSE.

"Customer takes time off to meet with Tech Support Agent from Geek Choice. TSA says he'll have to take the hard drive in to the office for replacement. When TSA fails to appear with replacement, customer discovers Geek Choice never performed a background check on TSA and he's a known criminal. Geek Choice now refuses to reimburse for the theft. WTF!"

They also don't care about the service they provide. They do not have as many locations in the United States as they claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2010 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-Choice/Boston-Massachusetts-02114/Geek-Choice-Damien-Moye-Chairman-Sleezy-Scammers-pompous-deceptive-selfish-and-cruel-668760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geek Choice

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ripoff report is true, but Rebecca Butler is not to blame

AUTHOR: Larry - ()

I checked the button marked "ex-employee" but I am just a former technician for the company.

Rebecca Butler may have helped found the company, but she has not been involved with them for a number of years now and is not a party to any of the scams reported here, including the one that ripped me off.

During the time she WAS with the company, my relationship with her and the company was excellent, they paid on time and in full...me anyway. It wasn't until after she left that things went bad. I will be filing my own report against the company for nonpayment, but Ms. Butler is not to blame for the company's current bad behavior.

I just wanted to set the record straight about Ms. Butler's role in the company's founding and operations.

EVEN MORE EVIDENCE GEEK CHOICE IS A UNETHICAL

AUTHOR: Marty Kazanjian - (United States of America)

I am not a competitor but rather and activist who researches and reports on crooked companies. I also love to see people start small companies and have success, however, I don't want to see the crooked ones such as yours make it.

By saying I was a competitor just decredited your entire response, as I am not and now how can you respond to me and people believe you. We now don't know if you are truthful. You should think about what you say.

I am sorry about that issue you had with Mrs. Gert, but I have no clue who she is, but I feel sorry for her. But, I can understand why she never got back to you. She is an elderly woman older than 80 years old, and YOU yes YOU just took advantage of her.

As for google, you listing will only be removed after google looks into it. If the address is fake it is removed. They also send you a post card to the address that is reported as fake with a code you must enter in. Hence it is impossible to remove ones listing if it is legit. So you must have many fake listing, which a quick google search shows.

It is AGAINST googles terms of services to post fake listings for places without an address. There is no way you can have almost as many as the real ones (geek squad).

I have gathered from many angered tech s information such as your pay and the way you treat them. I know of a few who confined to me you do not drug test people as they did work for you at about $30 per hour.

On force labor is considered SWEAT labor. Its the same idea as sweat shops overseas but just designed to be alright with us law.

As for Craigs List, a back ground check would have not picked up someone such as  Markacheiv. Who killed many girls in the boston area. If he applied for your jobs he would have been hired. YOU would have then been the cause of the CRAIGS LIST KILLER.

You are one of those companies in the nationwide scam, know as the triangle computer SCAM. It involved GeeksMobile, Geeks in Minutes, and GeekChoice.

Why should you get customers from google when you are going against the terms of service of google.

Many people hate you company and it is multiple people who have banded together to clean up Google, and only allow TRUE listing for the Triangle Computer scam companies.

Furthermore my initial report on RIPOFFREPORT only put true facts so even if a computer posted stuff about you it is not bad practices. IT IS TRUE.

I believe in total transparency hence there is no reason to call you as you requested. I will respond to what ever you wish to say to me on RIPOFFREPORT.COM.

Sincerely,

Marty K.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Competitor using poor business practices

AUTHOR: Damien Moye - (United States of America)

The person who filed this ripoff report is a competitor in the computer repair business in Boston, MA. They have been spamming all of our local listings and even trying to tell Google, that our address is fake. we have been a member of the Beacon Hill Business Association for 5 years now and we are definately not going out of business.

Here is a review this same person wrote about us on google.com, as he is pretending to be an elderly woman.

Mrs. Gert ? - Oct 31, 2010 Way over priced. Lousy service. They are just awful. Worse than geeksmobile. I thought nothing could be worse than geesmobile but geekchoice far surpasses them. Techs just dont care about their work as they according to one of them are compensated lousy. They charge $225, yet pay the tech who they told me they just found on onforce.com $30.00. I should have just gone to onforce myself.

and this was my response, as a concerned owner

Response from the owner I apologize if you had a poor experience with my company, if you would like to call our office 800-433-5435 and ask for a manager, we will be happy to discuss something that will make both parties happy. We are to here to make sure your experience with Geek Choice is a pleasant one, and we are here to help  Geek Choice - Thursday, November 04, 2010 Verified owner

and i recieved no response to the customer, just another comment against my company under a different user name this morning.

As far as the alligation about us sending out a criminal to someone's home, the way the deal turned out was that the customer made a deal with the tech to get cheaper service behind the company's back and actually had 2 service calls "off the books" with him, and it wasnt until the customer was unsatisfied with the work did she call to complain.

Furthermore, even after this, I still offered to pay for the new computer that the customer had just bought, all I asked was for her to give me the reciept for the new computer so that I could file a case with our insurance agent. The customer refused to send me the reciept, and demanded that I just cut her a check for $2000! for a desktop computer. The average desktop costs $300-$800 so what she was asking for was obviously false, which is why she was unwilling to provide me with a reciept.

As for how I get my technicians, we post ads on Craig's List, Monster, Hot Jobs and Dice.com. We then interview each technician and have them evaluated to see if this is the right job for them. We also use a service called Onforce, which is a nationally accredited technician service which, screens, drug tests and qualifies technicians to a very high standard, and they are all paid at least $40 per hour.

I will now demand that the accuser of these alligations put forth some proof that what you have written here is true. My assistant Matthew is available for any questions that any person may have about any of this. He can be reached at 617-778-2302 ext 201.