Complaint Review: Geek Choice

• Reported By: Larry — Houston Texas
Geek Choice
35A Myrtle St Boston, Massachusetts USA

Geek Choice Technician ripoff -- nonpayment Boston Massachusetts

I signed up as a technician for Geek Choice in 2007 and initially the working relationship was good. I did a lot of jobs for them, they paid me about a third of what they charged the customer but I needed a toehold in the business and that was the deal so I took it. For the first 4-5 years their payments were prompt and mostly accurate, a few errors one way or the other aside.

In mid-2012, they simply stopped paying me. They didn't stop sending me work, however, until November when I began to press them for payment. They currently owe me $969.75 and when I call they either hang up or put me on permanent hold.

They claim to have physical locations in many or most of the cities they advertise in, but so far as I know they have ONE physical location, the Boston address listed on their website. Their entire business operation consists of Yellow Pages ads in many cities, a contract technician in each of those cities (or a series of such techs, with one after another quitting due to non-payment) they can dispatch when they receive a call. They do little or no checking on these technicians, myself included. The claimed physical locations DO NOT EXIST. For example, they claim an address here in Houston that is actually a Hertz auto rental lot.

DO NOT WORK FOR THESE SCAMMERS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-Choice/Boston-Massachusetts-02114/Geek-Choice-Technician-ripoff-nonpayment-Boston-Massachusetts-1163583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geek Choice