Complaint Review: Geek Squad Charlotte N.C.

• Submitted: Thu, October 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Cookie — pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Geek Squad Charlotte N.C.
Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Geek Squad Charlotte N.C. The midtown Best Buy Store. GEEK FRAUD! they refuse to give me a copy of why they said my old laptop needed to be replaced Charlotte, North Carolina

In April 2012 my daughters laptop charger cord broke of in her laptop. She is in college and was at the end of the semester and had a lot of her term papers on the laptop. She took the laptop to the Geek Squad in the Best Buy Store in Charlotte N.C. She was told the the old computer would cost more to repair than a new one. So I bought a new one from Best Buy.  Best Buy saved us.

However, the Geek Squad refused to give me or my daughter a copy of their report indicating her laptop cost more to repair than a new one. As a parent I had insured my daughter's old laptop in case of any problems. The insurance company requested a copy of their report. I contacted the Geek Squad at the store. They told me they had all the information on their computer. But when I requested a copy they refused because they did not send the computer out to anther Geek Squad. They wanted to charge me another $84 to have the old computer shipped out to get a written statement that the old laptop would cost more than a new one.

I called and emailed the Geek Squad headquarters. I was told the Geek Squad in the Best Buy in Midtown Charlotte N.C. never submitted their finding to the head quarters computers. I paid the N.C. geek squad over $100 for them to look at the old laptop.  The Geek Squad will not give me any written information. Did they steal my money? Did I really need to buy a new laptop? I have 3 children in college I can not afford to buy new laptops for no reasons.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-Squad-Charlotte-NC/Charlotte-North-Carolina-/Geek-Squad-Charlotte-NC-The-midtown-Best-Buy-Store-GEEK-FRAUD-they-refuse-to-give-me-a-956915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geek Squad Charlotte N.C.