Complaint Review: Geek Squad

• Reported By: Fadi — Des Plaines Illinois
Geek Squad
Niles, Illinois USA

Geek Squad Crappy Job. Niles Illinois

I bought an Apple MacBook Pro from Best Buy back in 2012-2013 and since I got it it came with a 90 day warranty and I decided since I got the Mac from best buy I would extend my warranty to a 3 year warranty and have 2 other computers that can be repaired under my warranty. Since that time and I have been having problems with my mac and other devices and now we are in February 2014 and the last time I took it to a store and they took it in and repaired my mac by replacing a new disc drive.

Little did I know that the disc drive is non compatible with my mac and when I found that out I went back to the store that I went to the first time and asked them to replace the disc player with the same guy who I meet with the first time and he was rude and uncooperative. [continued below]....

..... He made an excuse that the disc was scratched and that we need to buy a scratch remover so we did. Then when I got home we cleaned all my sims 3 games and I tried to reinstall my games and still exists so I called there 800 number to complain and the representative told me that I have to call the store manager and complain to him.

Witch the rep did on my behalf and I was grateful for that and thanked her. The next day I called the store manager and talked to him about my complaint and he told me that he will have the boss of Fahem to speak to him. Its been a month now since that incident and I still have that problem and now that it  is not dealt with yet I am taking this mac to an Apple Store to get this problem repaired. Now there are charges for that service at apple and now I am paying for two services one is a crappy service the other is a great service. As for Best buy witch is a crappy job I will say forget you and your crappy geek squad and hello (((competitor's name redacted))).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-Squad/Niles-Illinois-60714/Geek-Squad-Crappy-Job-Niles-Illinois-1126908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geek Squad