Complaint Review: Geek Squad

• Submitted: Wed, January 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 18, 2012

• Reported By: E l gee — Tallahassee Florida U.S.A.
Geek Squad
PO Box 9312 Internet United States of America

Geek Squad Best Buy Ripoff/ Bait and Switch/ Ransom Demand Internet

RIPOFF ALERT!

What I was told when I bought Geek Squad coverage: "Bring it in, we'll diagnose it right away and get it back usually within a few days, depending on what is wrong."

What I was told when I called today asking about Geek Squad coverage: "Bring it in, we'll diagnose it right away and get it back usually within a few days, depending on what is wrong."

What REALLY happens AFTER Best Buy gets your money: You bring it in and are told by a Geek: We will look open in two weeks or more unless you give me $150.00 more just to expedite it, then we'll look at it in a week.

That is "bait and switch," unethical, immoral, unprofessional and so much more. I have already lodged a formal complaint with my state's Attorney General today, will post this on facebook, the Ripoff Report, all other ripoff sites, the BBB and any other blog and media I can find to warn others of this criminal behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geek-Squad/internet/Geek-Squad-Best-Buy-Ripoff-Bait-and-Switch-Ransom-Demand-Internet-824868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geek Squad