Complaint Review: GeekSquad And BestBuy

• Submitted: Sun, April 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 31, 2009

• Reported By:Oceanside California
GeekSquad And BestBuy
Vista Way Oceanside, California U.S.A.

GeekSquad And BestBuy BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE - RIPPED ME OFF NOW NO LAPTOP OR OUT MORE MONEY Oceanside California

*Consumer Suggestion: If you're going to post this "everywhere"

*UPDATE Employee: we service....only replace when the no lemon policy comes into play

I HAVE A LAPTOP, HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT, BROUGHT IT TO THE STORE WHERE I PURCHASED IT. 1st PROBLEM, GEEKSQUAD EMPLOYEE STATED HE WOULD FIX IT UNDER "WARRANTEE" HAVE IT DONE IN 1-2 HOURS, I WAITED, THEN CALLED TO PICK UP, HE THEN SAID OPPS I MEANT 3-4 DAYS....

I THEN SPOKE TO MARIO-THE IT MANAGER, HE THEN SAID HE'LL HAVE IT DONE 5-6 DAYS, AND WOULD SEND IT TO TOSHIBA THE MANUFACTOR, SO I AGREED, 6 DAYS PAST, I CALLED FOR IT, AND IT WAS STIL BEING SENT, BUTT NOT TO THE MANUF. HE SENT IT TO GEEKSQUAD HEADQTRS. IT SAT FROM 03/27/09 TILL 04/22/09 THEN IT WAS REPAIRED, AND SENT BACK, WITH PROBLEMS (WHICH THEY JUST TRIED TO BLAME ME FOR IT)

SO I RETURNED THE LAPTOP FOR ADDITIONAL REPAIRS, AND THEY RETURNED IT BACK TO ME WITH A BLOWN POWERCORD (AND THEY SAID I DID IT) I NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING....NOW I HAVE A LAPTOP IN WORSE CONDITION THEN IT WAS, AND IT TOOK TILL 04/26/09 TO LEARN ALL THIS.....

MOST COMPANIES... WOULD EITHER JUST REPLACED THE LAPTOP, AND OR ALL THE PARTS....AND EXCEPTED THE ERROR(S) BUT not them!!

THEY HAVE WAY TOOOOO YOUNG OF PERSONEL, .... NOW I'M GOING TO BE OUT NOT ONLY MORE MONEY, AND TIME WITHOUT THIS COMPUTER....REPLACE THE DANG THING...

WITH ANOTHER LAPTOP...I WILL BE FOLLOWING UP WITH EVERY CONTACT I CAN

NEVER USE BESTBUY OR GEEKSQUAD...I WILL POST THIS EVERYWHERE I CAN....

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HELPING THE CUSTOMER AND "MAKING IT RIGHT" NOT WITH THEM!!!

Warning everyone
Oceanside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2009 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GeekSquad-And-BestBuy/Oceanside-California-92054/GeekSquad-And-BestBuy-BAD-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-RIPPED-ME-OFF-NOW-NO-LAPTOP-OR-OUT-MORE-MONEY-446709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GeekSquad And BestBuy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

If you're going to post this "everywhere"

AUTHOR: Hugh Jass - (U.S.A.)

you should learn to spell. My 12 year old spells better than you do. It make you look ignorant.

we service....only replace when the no lemon policy comes into play

AUTHOR: Caramelsweet - (U.S.A.)

Hey sir, I definatelly see the inconvience of all of this, but you didn't say what problems the laptop came back with. And you didn't state what problems that the laptop had to begin with. And you didn't state the price/model of it either.

#1. if the issue is hardware related we have to send it off to service.

#2. i have no clue what your local geeksquad was doing with your computer for a whole month. A send out to service will be at the most 2 1/2 weeks.

#3. If the laptop is sent out, it's actually under the service center's discretion on if they will replace it or not. Usually protocol is 4 times out to service, or if the cost of the repairs exceed 80% of the cost of the unit.

#4. the manager has no clue how geek squad really really works as far as times go for services, that's strictly a CIA (counter intelligence) thing.

#5. Tell the agent at the time of checkin EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE UNIT and VERIFY THAT THE INFORMATION THAT CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS CLEARLY EXPLAINED IN THE PROBLEM SECTION ON THE SERVICE ORDER AGREEMENT PAGE!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress that enough. If the issue isn't on that paper, it goes to service, the agent will only look at the issues that the customer brings up, and send it back, and you're angry because the original issue wasn't fixed....that's a big issue right....save the headache.

#6. If you're not happy with what geeks quad says, were not the only opinion....how about call your manufacturer. We (the store) have to get special permission to replace things through the manufacturer...you the consumer, can demand that replacement, and most time they will bend to keep their customer brand specific loyalty.