Complaint Review: Geeks Auto

• Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: EPruett — Shelby North Carolina United States of America
Geeks Auto

Geeks Auto Unexplained charges on my bank statement Internet

My husband noticed this charge on our bank statement a couple of days after it happened. The charge was for $6.95. We looked at their website and found that the company sells auto accessories. I called my bank and filed a dispute with the bank, which was no problem at all. Our bank informed us that since the charge was made on my VISA card then we should not have any trouble having the charges returned to us. When I called Geeks Auto I actually did get to talk to a person (surprise there,) and when I asked what they were going to do about my card being used without my permission on their website, the lady that I was talking to said the she would only be able to pull up the charges if I gave her the card # that was used. I told her that I would not give her my card # and that I would be filing a report with my bank to stop the charges. I called Geeks Auto again after I talked to my bank and had the card cancelled and was put on hold by a pre-recorded voice, I finally got to talk to a person. When I asked this person what time the purchases were made and what was purchased he told me that the charge was for a car compass, and the the order was placed at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday 2/19/13. (In the world of GPS gadgets on every car and smartphone in the world, why would anyone purchase a car compass?) I told him that I did not make this purchase and would like to cancel the charges that were made to my card without my permission. He informed me that he would cancel the charges and that the funds would be put back into my bank account in 3-5 business days. We will see if that actually happens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geeks-Auto/internet/Geeks-Auto-Unexplained-charges-on-my-bank-statement-Internet-1018589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geeks Auto