Complaint Review: Geeks Home and Office

• Submitted: Fri, October 15, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: I wasted my gas — DFW Texas USA
Geeks Home and Office
they don't list it because they are scam artists Internet United States of America

Geeks Home and Office geekshomeandoffice will not pay employees , Internet

*General Comment: They Never Pay

*UPDATE Employee: Geeks Home and Office much better Good Company

*Consumer Comment: Still a scam, nothing changed.

*General Comment: I'm glad you got paid

*UPDATE Employee: I get paid on time! They now use TecDirect

Geeks Home and Office refuse to pay the computer techs they hire.  They also charge outrageous fees to the customer.  I found out that I'm not even the only one.

I personally have been begging them for payment for almost a year now.  I even had a lawyer call them a month ago, and they still won't pay!!!  WTH?

It isn't even that much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2010 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geeks-Home-and-Office/internet/Geeks-Home-and-Office-geekshomeandoffice-will-not-pay-employees-Internet-651481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geeks Home and Office

#1 General Comment

They Never Pay

AUTHOR: George Medlin - (United States of America)

I have been trying to get paid for almost a year now, I would not call that timely payment or would i say they always pay.

Geeks Home and Office much better Good Company

AUTHOR: TucsonDave - (United States of America)

Not sure about Tec Direct never heard of them, but I have worked for Geeks for years.  They sometimes pay late but I have always been paid.  Looks like the same people over and over wasting time posting when other Geek Companies never pay like Geeks On Site who charge $125 an hour or Geeks squad at $240.  These guys are good to me and I stick by them Tec Direct I have no idea.

I would suggest calling the 214-303-9819 number and leave a message.  Thats what I do and they usually get right back to me.  I am sure half these posters or more have already been paid.  I think they did undergo some changes in management in the last 8 months cause theres different people there.

Still a scam, nothing changed.

AUTHOR: Angelo - (United States of America)

On most of these websites is a comment regarding how Geeks has restructured and is now going through TecDirect so everything will be okay. TecDirect does nothing to ensure payment is received. Geeks Home and Office still doesn't pay their techs. Don't believe the lies Geeks is obviously posting.

#4 General Comment

I'm glad you got paid

AUTHOR: George Medlin - (United States of America)

I did a job for them in May ahd they still refuse to pay. The initial conversation I was promised 50 an hour, the next conversation it was down to 40 I should have known it was a scam

I get paid on time! They now use TecDirect

AUTHOR: Jriley100 - (United States of America)

I am a computer technician.  I first was contacted by geeks home and office through email to do on sites jobs.  At First pay was received fast, then I noticed checks would take longer and longer to arrive.   After speaking with them, they NOW route all my jobs through TecDirect.com  who mediates the process and makes everything much easier.  Past 5 months I have received payment within week of completing job and have been getting consistent work.

I believe the company was restructured 6 months ago and since then I have had a great relationship with them