lumber

geeksoncall.com Internet U.S.A.

Geeks On Call SCAM LIARS ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Geeks on Call

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They fed me a line

*Consumer Suggestion: Geeks on Call Franchise Problems. Don't get pressured by them.

New information for anyone that has had no help, poor business sales proactive with Geeks on Call.

If you signed a contract with them, look at section 8 E. They missed something, it is where you can get your refund. Take your contract to your lawyer, point out this section. I am not a lawyer so I can't say publicly what they forgot to include in their contract, but your lawyer will know once you show this to them. Justin will be getting a flood of calls, so expect to get his VM. Justin, give me back my 44k, this will be the easy way, so call me this week. Everyone else, stay on alert, I will send additional information. The local DA and internet fraud division will be making calls also.

Call Justin, World Headquarters at (888) 667-4577 extension 307 , I did. I told them I was not computer savvy, they said ok, no problem we will train you, as long as I had the 20K the wanted from me, plus all the advertising costs.

I have attended all the training they offer. I have tried to get help, nothing. Susan, a customer service rep, suggested I hire out someone that has more computer experience, so I did that.

I have been trying to get this going for 14 months. I have called for Walter Ewell and Tim Holidia, the honchos. I want out, my money back. This is a big internet scam as far as I can see. I am planning to file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC

Robert
Burton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2004 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geeks-On-Call/internet/Geeks-On-Call-SCAM-LIARS-ripoff-Internet-119165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geeks On Call

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Justin and the gang over there have taken more than their fair share of my money, hosting fees, main. fees, the initial set up fees, and of it all it turns out I should have gotten certified rather than plop the money on this BS. I should have done more research on this before signing up, they are all terrible liars.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Geeks on Call

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

I have heard of this company, but am not affiliated with them in any way, shape or form, so there is no need to flame me.
It sounds to me like a lot of people are going to give this company a bad reputation for offering bad service because they have little or no computer repair training.
It seems logical that if you are going to start a computer repair business, you would be CompTia A+ certified at the very least.
My advise to anyone wanting to start a franchise business with Geeks on Call is get certified before signing on the dotted line.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They fed me a line

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

That sounds about right for Geeks on Call. I'm not saavy on the computer but I know my way around. Granted not enough to do what I am supposed to be able to do with this business. William promised me the training would serve me well and enable me to work the business. BS all the way but I believed them in good faith and sent in my money. Now since training I haven't been able to retain clients because I am constantly waiting for answers from Geeks on Call. The support sucks. Maybe this business could work if you know something about computers but if you don't then you should pass.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Geeks on Call Franchise Problems. Don't get pressured by them.

AUTHOR: Jaime - (U.S.A.)

Geeks on call say the say there @ 184 franchises, since 2001. My sales guy William Burton told me franchise offers are limited. William said I needed to decide soon as franchises are so limited. THe 20k needed to pay the initial franchise fee, as wells as @ 250 week for davertising. William told me they are registere in Ohio, I had no reason to question this. Having signed the contract, and submitting my application for my franchise, I find out Geeks on Call is not registered in Ohio.They are registered in several states, but not Ohio. I have contacted consumer advocate and the district attorney. I want out, grounds of false advertisement, poor sales ethics, and general dis-trust for Geeks on call.

Caution to anyone thinking about this franchise, do your research well. Do not trust them to be 100% ACCURATE. Check yourself if they are registered in your state. Don't get pressured by them. They project another 90 franchises over the next 12 months.