Complaint Review: Geeks On Site

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America
Geeks On Site
169 E. Flager St. #1012 Miami, Florida United States of America

Geeks On Site Miss leading company!! Let me believe they were the Geek Squad! Specifically told him I wanted the Geek Squad to repair my computer because they installed it ! Miami, Florida

My Computer went down and I looked up the phone number to call the Geek Squad to come check it out.  Seeing no listing for Geek Squad I called the number for Geeks on site.  I explained to the man I was calling them because I bought my computer at Best Buy and the Geek Squad here in Shreveport had installed it .

I specifically told the man I wanted the same people who set it up to come service it,  I made it clear I was talking about the Geek Squad who works out of the Best Buy store here in Shreveport!!  Never once did he tell me they were not the Geek Squad but another company.

I set up an appointment but an emergency came up and I decided to call the local store and talk direct to the Geek Squad person who would be coming out.  To my surprise they informed me that there was no appointment set up and they had never heard of the person who was supposed to come work on my computer.

I looked up the 1-800 number I had called and they admitted they were not connected to the Geek Squad.  I asked why I wasn't told that in the beginning and they said it wasn't their responsbility.  I was told that even though I had been misled that I would have to pay a $50 cancellation fee.

I refused to pay the fee because of the way they had let me believe they were the company who had set up my computer!!  Yesterday 10-09-2012 I recieved a letter from Geeks on Site stating they had tried several times to contact me concerning overdue balance.  That was a lie because I have not heard from them since our phone conversation in Jan. when I cancelled the appointment.

I immediatelly called the number on the letter and it was the collections dept.  A man named Hector was very rude when I tried to explain why I wasn't going to pay this!!  He told me that they would see me in small claims court and hung up on me.  When I called back and asked to speak to his supervisor  he was again very rude and said he was the supervisor!!

If this is the kind of people they employ I can see why they would willingly mislead people who call for service.  They just call some independent repair person who lives in the area of the caller and you don't really know who is coming to your home to work on your computer!!

I feel they are a sorry excuse for a reputable company!!  I don't think I owe them anything because they misled me and they are wrong for threatening me.  If they had actually come out and repaired my computer I would be glad to pay the bill.  Anyone should think carefully before you call Geeks on Site!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geeks-On-Site/Miami-Florida-33131/Geeks-On-Site-Miss-leading-company-Let-me-believe-they-were-the-Geek-Squad-Specifica-953318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geeks On Site