Complaint Review: Geico Auto Insurance

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Kay — Lansdowne Pennsylvania
Geico Auto Insurance
Region 1 Return Policy Work PO BOX 9500 Fredericksburg, Virginia USA

Geico Auto Insurance 1 month later Geico is Still Telling me to Get Detailed Report Fredericksburg Virginia

Hi guys. My mother got into a hit and run on April 29, it is now June 4, and Geico has provided us with no rental car and has not fixed her car. Their reason, "we're still waiting for a detailed report" From what I've been told it takes them 6-8weeks to get a detailed report but here is where the problem lies...

1.) Agent tells us that we have to provide the detailed report ourselves since they don't do it for every case.

2.) We go to the state troopers office and try to get the report for them, but they are saying that we can't get the "detailed report" and gave us an "incident report" instead which still provided tag information, model, witnesses, date of accident

3.) Agent says he sees that we have coverage and that we are able to get our car fixed, sends out inspector to see the car at the shop, approves for rental, but we are not getting it until they get a detailed report...I argue with them for a month and agent finally puts in the order for a report (mind you it takes 6-8 weeks)

4.) I also hired a lawyer afterwards to try and speed up the process but to no avail.

5.) Speaks to agent today June 4, no report still. I told him my lawyer found out all the necessary information why are you still waiting for the police detailed report, my mom hasn't been able to go to work.

He tells me that since her car was recently purchased and placed under coverage, and then she had an accident, they have procedures to get the detailed report and "check" the date of the accident.

So basically, they're trying to find loop holes and are suspecting us of not being covered because my mom had a hit and run just two weeks after she added coverage to that car. I offered them "incident report" so they can "confirm" the date (report includes witness name & #, suspects tag and model, date of accident etc...) yet he says no he still needs the "detailed report." My lawyer has also found the others party information but just doesn't have a copy of the report yet.

Can some please enlighten me HOW it is reasonable for them to do this, and if it is indeed under their policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Auto-Insurance/Fredericksburg-Virginia/Geico-Auto-Insurance-1-month-later-Geico-is-Still-Telling-me-to-Get-Detailed-Report-Fred-1056202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Auto Insurance