Complaint Review: Geico Direct Auto Insurance Company

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 01, 2004

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
Geico Direct Auto Insurance Company
Geico Direct auto Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Geico Direct Auto Insurance Company rip off false advertisment Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Comment: John - GEICO is slacking

*UPDATE Employee: Be more open minded and maybe you will see the benefits of a better company.

*Consumer Suggestion: I agree, Geico does not offer real deals.

I called Geico direct a few years ago and wanted to get car insurance, my husband and I had seperated, they penalized me for being separated, they said my mind wasn't on my driving I was a high risk, I was 50 years old at that time, they treated me like a child a first time driver.

I am now 52 and divorced, so I called them again. Geico wanted twice as much, as my current insurance company is charging me. I called Geico because of there adds on tv claiming Geico could save you tons of money. They're adds are as phony as their lizard. if there going to run adds on TV, they should at least be honest, sure maybe some people do save money that live in counties.

What they don't tell you is, they have all kinds of hidden restrictions and costs. If you live in a city don't even bother to call, you will get ripped off with Geico Direct.

Vicki
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2004 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Direct-Auto-Insurance-Company/Baltimore-Maryland/Geico-Direct-Auto-Insurance-Company-rip-off-false-advertisment-Baltimore-Maryland-78500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Direct Auto Insurance Company

John - GEICO is slacking

AUTHOR: Malik - (U.S.A.)

John, I am sickened by your attitude towards this woman. Calling her "Stupid" for listening to an advertisement and so forth.

Geico is obviously slacking in the HR department. For some reason, Geico of Fredericksburg (where I live - 1 block from your office) is willing to hire people like you with serious character flaws to do their selling or claims work. I once considered working there, but since they let any old type of street trash in their building, I'm glad I didn't bother to apply.

If your attitude is any indication of how the geico organization truly thinks about all its customers, then we're all in trouble.

May God have mercy on your soul, and everyone else on the sales/claims floor.

Be more open minded and maybe you will see the benefits of a better company.

AUTHOR: JOHN - (U.S.A.)

In response to your stupid claims against GEICO, you even said is best "I called GEICO because of there adds on TV claiming GEICO could save you tons of money." GEICO COULD save you money it all depends on what information is gathered in the underwriting process. As for the individual whose been with their company 10+ years; Of course the price is going to about the same, you have been with you current company 10 years. That really isn't a fair comparison. Your company has 10 years worth of history and experience to use in their underwriting process, while GEICO only can use what information you give them that day. It is really sad that consumers like you aren't intelligent enough to realize that each insurance company uses different information to calculate your rate for insurance. Be more open minded and maybe you will see the benefits of a better company.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I agree, Geico does not offer real deals.

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

I also visited their website and filled out a request for quote, was very detailed, and even let them look at my credit (which is excellent). I was surprised to see they quoted me about the same price I pay now, for a little less coverage. I live in AZ where insurance is high anyways due to car thefts (thanks mexico), and I'm 30 years old and drive a 2002 SUV. I have a perfect driving record. I have been with the same insurance company for 10 years. I was surprised to see their quote was of no savings at all.

They stink.