Complaint Review: Geico Direct

• Submitted: Tue, October 26, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 27, 2004

• Reported By:Lindenhurst New York
Geico Direct
WOODBURY ROAD Woodbury, New York U.S.A.

Geico Direct Ripoff Don't use phone payment method It'll cost you Woodbury New York

*UPDATE Employee: Who made the mistake

Don't use Geico's Diect phone payment method,.. I had Geico as a car insurance provider for 7 years and only once did I put a claim in, and it was for a windshield that cracked from a rock that shot up,.. Well none the less, back to subject. My policy is paid 8 months out out of the year, March-April-May-June, and August-Sept-Oct-Nov. I recently been using there phone payment method and found it to be very easy. I paid Aug over the phone and also paid Sept over the phone but at around that time I was switching banks. They accepted my payment but it did'nt go through cause I was no longer using that bank.

I was never notified by them that the payment was not excepted nor was I notifed that my policy was going to be cancelled if payment was'nt made. I had no proof that my payment was made, but if I had used a check I would have atleast got something from my other bank stating the check was invaild and none of this would have happened. But instead I received a notification 3 weeks later stating that my policy was cancelled and that I owed them a $33.00 balance. I called them to tell them what happened and all they did was apologize and said that I would have to start a new policy (and get this) my insurance would go up $500.00 a year.

All for using the phone method an not receiving there money. They did't care that I was with them for 7 years or that I only put in 1 minor claim through out those 7 years, all they cared about was getting there money. NICE COMPANY!!! And to believe I made 6 of my freinds switch to them. WHAT A MISTAKE !!!

Linda
Lindenhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2004 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Direct/Woodbury-New-York-11797/Geico-Direct-Ripoff-Dont-use-phone-payment-method-Itll-cost-you-Woodbury-New-York-114698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Direct

Who made the mistake

AUTHOR: Gilbert - (U.S.A.)

I see a trend on these rip off reports. You make a mistake by trying to pay with a bank you are no longer using and it's GEICO's fault?

Then you say if you would have used another check from the other bank this would have never happened. You're absolutely correct.

Spread the word, if you issue a bad check that bounces, or you supply a check from an account that does not exist or has been closed. GEICO will in fact cancel the policy for nonpayment because we have no way to see if you actually have the money in your account.

Please put the blame where it is due.