Complaint Review: Geico Direct

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, April 18, 2003

• Reported By:Royal Palm Beach Florida
Geico Direct
3535 W. Pipkin Rd., Lakeland FL 33811 Nationwide U.S.A.

Geico Direct does not investigate claims that come into their office. They just pay and cancel policies. Lakeland Florida

My son was involved in a very minor accident where he rolled into a vehicle. He reported it to Geico and explained that the police report was made and there was little or no damage to the other vehicle.

In October we received a letter from the other persons attorney saying that we failed to pay for damages to this persons vehicle and we are responsible for payment.

I then called Geico and told them about the letter and sent it to them to investigate it.

Today I received a letter of cancellation from Geico due to 2 accidents three days apart. So I did some calling to Geico 3 calls to be exact and asked all the questions and as it turns out the two claimaints live at the same address and the accidents happend at the same intersection in two different vehicles.

They paid the money out on a 92 Toyata Camery. Knowing it was a 2001 Durango that was hit by my son.

I have requested they investigate this again. It is a clear case of fraud and they never even noticed that the two claimaints were related or living in the same place.

I will be looking for an attorny if you have any suggestions I would be greatful. Thanks for listening to me ramble, but they need to be reported.

Selania
Royal Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2003 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Direct/nationwide/Geico-Direct-does-not-investigate-claims-that-come-into-their-office-They-just-pay-and-ca-53437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Direct