Complaint Review: Geico Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, October 29, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, October 29, 2011

• Reported By: Lasermen — palmdale California United States of America
Geico Insurance
Corporate headquarters: 5260 Western Avenue, Chevy Palmdale, California United States of America

Geico Insurance How they stiffed me, hard. Palmdale, California

I'm not one for reporting buisines, but I've got to put my experience out there regarding what it was like dealing with Geico.

I started my insurance with Geico around 8/23 of this year, even though the prices were a little steep, I knew I was covered by one of the biggest insurer's out there. I give them the starter funds and signed up for the 6 month payment plan. Anyways so about a month later on exactly 9/16/2011 I make my second payment through a VISA transaction and move on with my day. A normal payment, payed before the due date. The payment, to be exact, was 159.74$ The next bill came along on 10/14/2011 and I payed the the amount due at 159.74$. No problems.

So all is good with my new insurance company and I'm doing about my buisness. Along comes 10/24/2011. I notice a transaction tried to go through my bank of 134.70$. Of course, it didn't go through because I didn't have enough in it. [continued below]....
..... What the hell, right? After some confusion I call up Geico and this is where the fun begins. Apparently, when I initially signed up for GEICO I did two things: One, I allegedly signed up for an "Auto-Pay" feature when I had never done such a thing, I NEVER have authorized an auto-pay feature. And two, my mileage is "significantly lower than California's average". Therefore, Geico claimed to have sent me a verification letter via E-mail, if they have not received anything back, they were to up my insurance charges. I asked them if they had sent it through the mail and they had said no, because I was signed up for paperless billing. Which, is bullshit, because I got payment letters from them. Anyways, so because they were not able to get proof of my mileage the payment plan jumped up 300 or 400 dollars and this is where the remaining auto pay is. After being blind-sided by the additional funds robbed from my bank. I called back and explained what I'm typing here. I was greeted with apologies and concern and they agreed to cancel the still awaited transaction. Come this morning I check my balance in the account and they had cleared the payment, never following through with what I'd heard yesterday. Not only that but I was charged an additional 10$ service fee.

In conclusion. This may not seem like much. But if these large corporations get away with robbing this amount of money from the amount of people they insure. We're all in trouble. I hope you read this and take in consideration before using this insurance company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2011 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Insurance/Palmdale-California-93534/Geico-Insurance-How-they-stiffed-me-hard-Palmdale-California-793453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Insurance