Complaint Review: Geico Insurance

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: Getitright — Waukesha Wisconsin
Geico Insurance

Geico Insurance Failed to pay damages to victim Internet

*General Comment: 76 days and No Contact?

*Consumer Comment: Your insurance company?

Today, is April 12, 2013,
A GEICO claimant rear-ended our vehicle at a Stop sign on Feb.05,2013.  GEICO customer (she) was ticketed. Police report was filed.
    GEICO has not contacted us.  The customer who hit us, has returned my calls (3 times) and sent me 8 emails.  GEICO has not called or email us,  even after GEICO customer asked, 'they call me'.
    On March 25, GEICO's customer contacted GEICO about not contacting us and paying for the damages to our vehicle. She supplied GEICO with all our contact information,  and AGAIN GEICO, failed to contact us.
    14 days later (4/8/13),.  I called GEICO, and listen to excuses about this never happens. A lot of excuses. After talking with them, and repeating all the information to them.  They were to return a call to me, later in the day, or the next morning.   Well,  "quess what" ,  here I sit 4 days later and not a word.   76 days & no calls from GEICO
    Problem??, GEICO has no plans of paying for damages to victims vehicles,  or they HOPE you don't chase them down to collect?
    Or  are they incapable of handing PAYOUT claims?
    As a business owner of over thirty years,  I wouldn't want to do any type of business with them.
        NO ONE  should have to chase down the insurance company.   You'll be able to see find the same complaint filed with the 'Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.'

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico-Insurance/internet/Geico-Insurance-Failed-to-pay-damages-to-victim-Internet-1042659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico Insurance

#1 General Comment

76 days and No Contact?

AUTHOR: IamGood - ()

I have a question for you.  When you contacted Geico, did they actually CONFIRM that the person who hit your car, actually have insurance with GEICO?

What were you told, except that "This type of response to accidents, never happens", and they would call you back.  Why did they tell you they were calling you back?

I suspect that the customer had a GEICO liability card and GEICo cancelled the insurance prior to the wreck because their insured stopped paying their premiums prior to your accident.

I find it highly doubtful that GEICO would just refuse to call a claimant back, because the state board of insurance , would no doubt look into this situation.  I suspect that you were told that the Customer had no insurance , and that coverage had lasped.  You had told Geico that the customer ASSURED you that the coverage was still in force, and GEICO made a mistake.  GEICO then informed you they would check with the billing dept and see if the customer's insurance was re instated.

You are probably going to have to contact our own insurance company and pay for the damages yourself, and let them go after GEICO, that is UNLESS you were driving without insurance, or did not carry uninsured motorist insurance.

In that case you will need to SUE the person who hit you, and let the person who hit your car deal with GEICO>

Your insurance company?

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

Did you contact your insurance company?  Maybe they can get some action from Geico.  Sure worth a try.