Complaint Review: Geico

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: amberlynn19 — Ivor Virginia
Geico
PO BOX 9518 Fredericksburg, Virginia USA

Geico 206-801-0980 sold my personal information to a credit scammer/telemarketing/credit bureau Fredericksburg Virginia

I am getting calls from a guy from this number 206-801-0980. He called my son's father at his house in NC which I've never lived at. He said he was the police looking for me cause I was in car accident. My son gave him my number. The guy called me and said he was from State Farm and I was in a accident in Jan and I was driving without insurance. He said he had ceritifed copies from Geico claiming this and he was reporting it to the Virginia State Police. I asked for his fax number so I could fax him copies of whatever he needed to clear this up. He refused to give it to me. I told him I wasnt in a car accident in Jan. He began to argue with me and said I was. He then started to threaten me and insist I was going to jail. I said ok, he gave me Geico's phone number and my old policy number to call to clear it up. The whole thing was weird. I believe Geico sold my information because I cancelled my policy in March and went to Nationwide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22403/Geico-206-801-0980-sold-my-personal-information-to-a-credit-scammertelemarketingcredit-1068082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico