Complaint Review: Geico

• Submitted: Thu, December 26, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, December 26, 2002

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
One GEICO Boulevard Fredericksburg, Virginia U.S.A.

GEICO Direct Government Employees Insurance Company rip-off Mishandles your claim Fredericksburg virginia

My auto which is fully covered for insurance was stolen from Washington, DC in August of 2002. The vehicle was recovered in North Carolina, partially submerged in water and mud, including mud in the gas tank. The car was towed back to Washington, DC.

The car was in working condition before it was stolen. The car is currently not working. GEICO sent it to one repair shop, paid the shop in advance of the work being done. The shop kept the vehicle for 2 months. I recovered my vehicle from the first repair shop the last week of October. I informed GEICO that all repairs had not been done. GEICO suspended doing business with the repair shop.

I reported Geico and the repair shop to the Better Business Bureau. Geico responded to the complaint and promised to ensure that all repairs would be done. The repair shop, Rainbow Car Star did not reply to the complaint.

I was sent to a second repair shop. Parts were put on order. November 14, the car stopped running. GEICO had the vehicle towed to a third repair shop. The car sat for two weeks before being checked. GEICO refused to repair the car because they said that the fuel pump not holding pressure is not related to when the car was stolen. I had to pay to get my car from the third repair shop and pay to have it towed away. I did this on December 21.

GEICO had the radio for my car mailed to my work address on December 23, I am to have someone put it in because I can not get the car to the radio repair shop. The parts from the second repair shop are available as of today, December 26, at the second repair shop. I am unable to go to the second repair shop because the car is not running.

GEICO informed me that the car would be repaired and returned to me the same way it was before it was stolen. They handle claims quickly, but not correctly.

Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2002 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22412/GEICO-Direct-Government-Employees-Insurance-Company-rip-off-Mishandles-your-claim-Frederic-39177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico