Complaint Review: Geico

• Submitted: Sun, July 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 10, 2011

• Reported By: ssuz — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America
Geico
GEICO Remittance Center One GEICO Plaza Bethesda, Internet, Maryland United States of America

Geico Put in payment without my say so Internet, Maryland

So I was looking at my bank statement online yesterday. This has never happened to me before, but guess what? I had $3.89 when I still had a week to go before pay day. I was trying to save up, and I'm trying to pay off my credit card bills after I get some money in savings. Geico had taken $62.75 (or something like that) from my account when I had already paid them for this month and did not authorize another payment transaction.
I'm a single teacher so I was mad and terrified at the same time. I called up Geico, and talked to this girl named Heather who told me that I was on automatic payments, and that that was how that came up. She told me that Geico would not refund that payment even though I told her that I would pay that payment immediately on the 15th. I never have and never will authorize automatic payments, and I told Heather this. She got irritated with me on the phone and told me that no one at Geico would have put me in for the automatic payments but myself. I told her that it was not possible that I put myself up for that. I'm always careful not to do that as I need a little cushion to get me through the rest of the month.
She also told me that the automatic payment thing had been up since March, but there were never any sudden deductions like the $62.75 I saw. I was seething mad after talking to her so I just got off the phone as quickly as I could. Now I'm going to have to take some of the money out of savings that I just put in for this month. I am soooooo mad!
This is not the only time Geico has tried to do something stupid. They have tried to get double payments from me in the past when I paid them during the month until I called them on it. Some man tried to get me to pay more on my mileage once, and when I called him on that he tried to act all innocent.
I hate Geico. I'm thinking about switching to Progressive or some other auto insurance company.  If I had enough money to sue them for the misery they have put me through, I would.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2011 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Internet-Maryland-20810/Geico-Put-in-payment-without-my-say-so-Internet-Maryland-751313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico