Complaint Review: Geico

Geico
PO Box 9105, Macon, GA 31208-9105 Macon, Georgia United States of America

Geico will not honor policy agreement Macon, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Please buy a clue

I was stranded 5 hrs from home, with a broken down vehicle that was not drivable!  I managed to get it to the shop, called GEICO regarding trying to get home Christmas and was told they were unable to help me.  They told me I had a mechanical breakdown, not a collision.  Since they only offer mechanical breakdown coverage to individuals who have brand new purchased vehicles or leased vehicles; that's why I was never told about it or even offered the coverage.  However, I have rental coverage added into my policy, which I pay a hefty premium to GEICO for and they won't even honor that!  They said because I didn't have mechanical coverage, and my problem was a mechanical breakdown; the rental coverage does not apply and I cannot use it!  So domino effect!  I am paying for a service that I need to utilize, but I can't because of their hidden fine agendas in their policies.  I have dealt with many insurance companies, and never once has it been this poor.  So when I called in tears talking to the representative, she basically told me she cannot help me and I would have to find my way home!  Thanks for nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2012 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Macon-Georgia-31208-9105/Geico-will-not-honor-policy-agreement-Macon-Georgia-986786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico

Please buy a clue

AUTHOR: Ed - (USA)

You're welcome for nothing because you did not pay for coverage that applied to anything that you described.  You also lied when you implied that other insurance companies covered you in similar situations.

GEICO is the only insurance company that offers Mechanical Breakdown Insurance.  It is similar to an extended warranty, and like you said, you have to purchase the coverage when your vehicle is brand new.  Other insurance companies do not even offer this coverage.

Rental Reimbursement coverage provides you with a rental vehicle only if you file a Comprehensive or Collision coverage claim.  Since you did not file a Comprehensive or Collision claim, GEICO could not pay for your rental vehicle.  This is standard all though out the insurance industry.  I challenge you to call any other insurance company and find a different answer.  You can't, and you won't.

GEICO had just a much responsibility to get you home for Christmas as any of the strangers you saw driving by.  NONE.  You decided to invent insurance coverage that you didn't have.  If you want that type of coverage, you should have purchased an extended warranty with your vehicle.