Complaint Review: Geico

Geico
Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Geico Auto Insurance Poor claims service Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: GEICO staffs where the policies are

I had a fender bender and proceeded to make a claim for repairs. Geico has extremely poor claims service: Geico uses zip codes to find the closest Adjuster. I work in Vancouver, WA. Geico has only 1-Adjuster whom works 1-day a week. 9-day wait.

So I gave them my home zip on the west side of Portland, OR. The closest Adjuster was on the SE side of Portland 3-day wait 21-miles each way from my Vancouver, WA office. So I thought I would stump Geico & gave a Longview, WA zip code (50-miles north of Vancouver, WA) The closest adjuster 50-miles south in Vancouver.

Then I gave them a Battle Ground, WA zip, closest Adjuster 25-miles to Vancouver, WA. Not good service for Battle Ground, Vancouver & Longview, WA customers only 1-Adjuster. I will get the necessary repairs & switch Auto Insurance Companies and suggestions?

In addition I will also contact my local Insurance Commissioner.

Deborah
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2004 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Portland-Oregon-97239/Geico-Auto-Insurance-Poor-claims-service-Nationwide-94140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico

GEICO staffs where the policies are

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

GEICO staffs locations with adjusters based on how many policies are sold in that area. We certainly do not expect people to drive 50 miles to get to an appointment and have other options if there is nothing in your area. If you can't get to a GEICO adjuster and one can't come to you, then we generally authorize your repair facility to fax an estimate to an adjuster for aproval.