Complaint Review: Geico

• Reported By: David — Center Hill Florida
Geico
Tampa , Florida USA

Geico Unfair Practice legal or not Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Wow Really?

*UPDATE Employee: Cancelled policy

Simple I was with Geico for a long time and I had motorcycle and car ins -

in 2011 I was hit by an SUV on a bicycle and yes there was a claim.

Because I have 2 policies there was confusion multiple times because they don't want to spend the resources needed to combine them so there is no confusion.

As a result of the confusion and the added fact that I moved and they sent me a refund check for the motorcycle ins.

I got cancelled for non payment on my car - I didn't realize it until it was cancelled -

So when I asked the price to reinstate they said we cannot insure you.

Why? Because a car hit me on my bicycle in 2011 was their answer WHAT?

You are an insurance company and you cancel people when they have a claim?

My record clean and that was the reason they canceled me - this is criminal - now I am going to pay more because of the simple fact that I was cancelled - This is wrong - what can I do about it?

Nothing but complain there it is -

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/Tampa-Florida/Geico-Unfair-Practice-legal-or-not-Tampa-Florida-1128243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico

Wow Really?

AUTHOR: David - ()

This person proves hw wrong they are - First his entire rebuttle is pure conjecture as stated - I don't know your history but it might be that...

I have had Zero accidents and whoever wrote this is obviously making a weak and unethical defence for what?

the rebuttal doesn't even really say anything except the industry punishes people who have one or more claims as standard practice - which is unethical Yes or Yes? I mean I pay evey single month of my life for insurance - I get run over by a car on my bicycle and so because of that I now not only have to pay higher rates - but my rates are even higher because I had cancer was in Hospice TWICE so now they charge me more still even though if you look at my record other than being sick I have near perfect credit - but the system catigorises me as a credit criminal -

The bottom line? Who's going to make them be fair? I buy ins because I have to and then have a no fault accident so they don't want to insure me anymore? WRONG

Cancelled policy

AUTHOR: Employee - ()

There is a national database called the CIB-Central Index Bureau.  They track all people that have a claim history. You have one, based upon your own statement of a loss on a bicycle by a vehicle.  It is entirely possible that one of the Geico companies is a preferred risk writer (there are several Geico companies, Geico, Geico General, Etc)

Ther Central Index Bureau keeps records back several years. It is an industry tool that most insurers, not necessarily JUST car insurers, participate in.   It is entirely possible that you have an extensive claim history with the CIB. That MAY be the reason they do not want you back.  Ther may be other factors, but with the limited information you have supplied, it is impossible to tell.