• Report: #1020654

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: fedup — Salem Oregon United States of America
Geico

Geico Cancellation? Internet

Geico cancelled my insurance without notification. In October of 2012 I bought a new car, I called Geico and bought full coverage I also transferred my other car to a Geico policy with just liability. I signed up for automatic payments once a month. Just this Monday February 18th 2013 I received notification from the bank that I financed my car at, that I no longer had insurance that it was cancelled on Nov 24, 2012. I never received any type of notification and Geico continued to take the premium payment every month. After receiveing the notification I called Geico, they could or would not help me? All they could say was sorry we will try to get your premiums returned to you, but the good news is we are still insuring the older car for liability only. They could not tell me why the insurance on the new car was cancelled, can they just cancel because they want to don't they need a reason? I do not have any tickets or accidents on my record, I am not sure what my credit score is, probably not that great since I just graduated from college, but I have never filed bankruptcy nor refused to pay a bill. My score was good enough to finance a car. They did offer to reinsure my new car for an additional $100.00 per month since I was now in a higher risk bracket! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go to get answers? I have since purchased insurance through State Farm, but once again they claim I am in a higher risk bracket since I was uninsured for a couple of months. This whole thing seems very unfair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreiciated.

Glo
Salem
Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/internet/Geico-Cancellation-Internet-1020654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico