Complaint Review: Geico

• Updated: Tue, December 21, 2004

• Reported By:vancouver Washington
Geico
geico.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Geico Insurance Company rip-off! Shady billing practices! Blood-sucking vampires! Vancouver, Canada Nationwide

When I originally called Geico for a quote I spoke with a sales person who gave me a wonderful deal. My husband has a horrible driving record, and I wanted to be certain that it was correct, so the salesperson pulled up his complete DMV report in order to confirm our rate.

I wanted to be CERTAIN that this was accurate before I swiched from progressive, a company who I liked. They assured me that it was correct so I signed up and canceled my other policy. Boy was that a mistake! 1 month later I get a notice saying that my rates were jumping 30% and that I was to pay the difference with the next payment. that would be $300 within the next day or so.

Well, after endless hours on the phone with costomer service people who seem to have no power whatsoever to change anything, I decided that it wasn't worth the hastle to change again.

I should have swithched then and there for, after not recieving an automated deduction from my checking account for november, I called them to find out what was wrong.

The lady I spoke to said that I had an extra deduction aplied to my account, and it had been credited, so I wouldn't have to pay that month and then december would be only $99. I had a feeling that it was to good to be true, so I asked her to check with the banking department. They confirmed it and said they would send written notice right away.

Imagine my shock when, 3 days before christmas, without any notice of a policy change or change in the amount debited from my account (which is illeagal so my bank says) my checking account which had my 300 or so dollars in it for christmas was completely wiped out. I have a dollar and three cents to last me through christmas.

The cosomer service department was their usual nonhelpful selves, and I, In hysterics, now realise that thanks to the incompetant math skills of , oh say... everybody at geico, will be spending my hollidays very much apart from my family (who I was going to travel to see, but now cannot even afford to dream of putting gas in my car). And happy holidays to you you blood sucking vampires at Geico! (not that I'm bitter)

Alecia
vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2004 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Geico/nationwide/Geico-Insurance-Company-rip-off-Shady-billing-practices-Blood-sucking-vampires-Vancouve-123861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico