Complaint Review: Geico/Stillwater Home Owners Insurance

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: Run — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Geico/Stillwater Home Owners Insurance
Nationwide USA

Geico/Stillwater Home Owners Insurance Deceptive fees/charges Fredericksburg Virginia Nationwide

Geico/Stillwater Home Owners Dwelling Policy :

Charges such as New Business Fee - $ 30, Renewal Fees for- $30. They charge for the type of payment you make, for example if you don't pay the full premium for the year,  you get charged another $3 per transaction.

My policy went from $800 to $1088 in a year without any notice. I was told the additional $254 was because of inflation and a PA state wide increase in claims. When I intially signed, I said I wanted to pay Qtrly and today was told they don't do that.

When I called to get clarity around all these fees and the increase no real answers were given. WhenI said I would be looking into new coverage the agent offered a higher deductible policy. But then said she couldn't email me a new quote that I could review... they only quote over the phone.

The customer service is awful and they don't try to work with you. All these sneaky fees are a real turnoff to do business with them. I have been a geico customer for a while but that fact they are doing business with stilllwater makes me want to switch my auto too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GeicoStillwater-Home-Owners-Insurance/nationwide/GeicoStillwater-Home-Owners-Insurance-Deceptive-feescharges-Fredericksburg-Virginia-Nat-1159328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Geico/Stillwater Home Owners Insurance