Complaint Review: Gem Shopping Network

• Reported By: Gregory — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Gem Shopping Network
3259 Duluth Hwy Internet United States of America

Gem Shopping Network Jewelry misrepresentation Internet

*Author of original report: I was wrong.

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Satisfaction

Recently I purchased a ring from the Gem Shopping Network. It was described as 14KY gold Citrine and mult-gemstone Ring. 1.58 Ct of multi-colored stones uncut. Well 4 months later one of the stones fell out and I took the ring to the best jeweler in Tucson. 40+ years, family owned, and maker of the best silver and turquoise jewelry in the state of Arizona.

I was dismayed to find that the stones were GLASS and not "multi-colored gemstones"! When I called GSN customer service I was forwarded to a supervisor who told me to return the ring and if what I claimed to be true, I would get a full refund.

I told her that was great but it sure cast a doubt on the other $17,000 + of items I have purchased this year. I was then instructed to return all/any of the items I bought and they would have them inspected? I think an independent inspection would do more for my confidence.

My advice, be very, very careful when buying from this company. What you are told and what you get and not necessarily going to be the same, and when it comes to expensive jewelry that can amount to a costly mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gem-Shopping-Network/internet/Gem-Shopping-Network-Jewelry-misrepresentation-Internet-909460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gem Shopping Network

I was wrong.

AUTHOR: Gregory - (United States of America)

Recently I filed a report about a ring I purchased when I was told by my local family jeweler that some of the stones were not real. I regret that this "family" business gave me bad information, and in fact a GIA report indicated that all was as represented by GSN. I regret that I filed the report, although I acted on the information as it was presented to me.

Since the filing of that report I have purchased two additional rings from GSN and my wife is very happy with both. We have spent close to 20K this year and will continue to shop with GSN. Everything we have purchased is first class. I was treated fairly and respectfully and can in all honesty say I was mistaken.

Customer Satisfaction

AUTHOR: GSN - (United States of America)

At Gem Shopping Network, now in our 16th year of business, we place great pride in the quality of our merchandise and the scrupulous attention to detail that we employ in our quality control procedures. We are therefore extremely concerned to hear that a customer has reason to believe that an item is not as we stated it to be.

We have contacted this customer and requested that we be allowed, at our cost, to have the piece independently inspected by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). If it is found that a mistake has been made we will of course ensure that the customer receives either a full refund or a replacement item.

~ GSN