Complaint Review: Gemini C Group

• Submitted: Tue, September 20, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Freelancer — Cebu City Philippines
Gemini C Group
The Gemini C Group PO BOX 961 LUTZ, FL 33548-0961 Internet United States of America

Gemini C Group Yvette Mayflower Not Paying For Project Awarded for His Company Internet

*Consumer Comment: My Research Finds:

*General Comment: Freelancing

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Freelancer Sites

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I am say so you say okay

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Very good

*General Comment: Re: Freelancer sites

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Playing Nice Means All Parties are Heard

*Consumer Comment: Let others express their views too

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: So quick to jump to conclusions? You're doing the same thing. Hypocritical

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Baby tantrums wah wah!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Baby tantrums wah wah!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini C's obvious attempt to put the fire off

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: no problem here as well for me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: im respond man

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I know people like you

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No problem

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Raj, the data you're confirming from Gemini are the results of the work of those people Gemini C scammed

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Thanks Torrence - More Thoughts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dhaka Inc confirm - thank

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Nice

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: To Kyle and Jerry -- Yes, I still take my stand, I was scammed by Gemini C

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Filipinas making $1,700 so easily?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good ratings

*General Comment: Still unconvinced

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I just have to respond to that persone who said that to me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini C is really a scam and they have not paid me too

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Seconded

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: already debunked - author quit talking to yourself

*Author of original report: Are You Telling This To Your SELF...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It is so nice to see so many people supporting this company and giving positive reviews

*Consumer Comment: Same result but different conclusion

*General Comment: Debunked

*Author of original report: I am so Happy To Know that LOTS of Victims Come Out...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: GEMINI = BIG FAT SCAM

*General Comment: Beating a dead horse here

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Online reputation management

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Can stand for it also me

*General Comment: Response - Edging with Gemini here

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response to #106 & #110 being same author

*General Comment: Edging with Gemini here

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Totally agree with Jean!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tiffany! you rock!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: gemini good as i notice it

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Oh Puh-Leez - Still A Very Good Company For Me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: GEMINI SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Always loyal to Gemini

*UPDATE Employee: Repeating contractor here with no issue whatsoever

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No way honey - tough luck [You got to be part of the cool crowd]

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Do I get to be contacted too?

*General Comment: Journalist my bloody a*s

*General Comment: Journalist my bloody a*s

*General Comment: Author do the world the favor

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They proved how great they were to me countless times

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yvette live and well?!

*General Comment: One of the few companies I actually had a lot of success with

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: GET A JOB and stop begging this company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good review for this company [Gemini was good pair for us]

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini C is a SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Nothing less than a pleasure for us (We love this company)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Experience was very good with them. No quarrel here as well.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Always paid on time. Reply to Price a deciding factor?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: contractor not paid by Yvette Mayflower

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: We loved this company as well

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: beloved company

*Consumer Comment: Mickey D's loving this company

*UPDATE Employee: contractor not paid by Yvette Mayflower

*Consumer Comment: Wow!

*General Comment: Price a deciding factor? Freelancing can be a challenge

*General Comment: 1 = 2 ? Author fails

*General Comment: Got to love the hypocrisy of some people (I like Gemini - there said it)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Re:

*Author of original report: To Jen: Mckarthy

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Update - Finished a gig with them - Not a single problem (Agreed Very Good Company)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Reply, I agree with Freelancer (Two thumbs up for Gemini)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree with Freelancer

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Finished a gig with them - Not a single problem (Agreed Very Good Company)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tried working with them, everything worked out great

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good business

*Author of original report: Respond to All Victim's of Yvette Mayflower

*Author of original report: Now All Other Victims ARe Starting To Come Out

*UPDATE Employee: Pay me now $ 1,050.00 Yvette Mayflower

*General Comment: Re: Any company supporting so many community programs is a blessing (Count me in - I also stand with this company)

*General Comment: Any company supporting so many community programs is a blessing (Count me in - I also stand with this company)

*General Comment: Agreed - Looks like a good company. Virtual assistance does work though

*UPDATE Employee: Pay me now $ 1,050.00 Yvette Mayflower

*General Comment: Company looks okay to me too. Now, on the subject of freelance sites....

*General Comment: 2nd - Inclined to agree with others this is a good company... ruby8484 you're the scam

*General Comment: Inclined to agree with everyone else that this is a good company. ruby8484 you're the scam

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini C Group is a SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Awesome company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: About contractor work sites

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Read before you commit - GC Group took the right action.

*General Comment: Company looks okay to me - issue is odesk

*General Comment: Why I never use odesk - This company did nothing wrong (technically)

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is good in my book

*General Comment: Why I'm not surprised a few people are getting a*s rashes with what looks like a good company

*UPDATE Employee: This is an honorably company. It is clear what is going on

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The author couldn't go any lower

*Consumer Comment: Hilarious (Yvette wanabe)

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: yvette asks apology from oDesk contractors

*UPDATE Employee: Good experience here as well

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good job for Gemini - Spoiled contractors not getting away with it

*UPDATE Employee: my experience with Yvette Mayflower (updated)

*UPDATE Employee: my experience with Yvette Mayflower

*UPDATE Employee: my experience with Yvette Mayflower (updated)

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Spoiled Contractors?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have same project as well but our experience was extremely good with the company

*UPDATE Employee: my experience with Yvette Mayflower

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is good now

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is good now

*UPDATE Employee: Re Gemini

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini C oDesk Suspension

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is a 8 to 10 company

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Doesn't Add Up?

*General Comment: Re: Complete Opposite experience - I like Mayflower!

*UPDATE Employee: Complete Opposite experience - I like Mayflower!

*UPDATE Employee: I think I'm a victim too!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Never had a prob with Gemini - there were great for me

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Also Scammed by Yvette Mayflower

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini is a good company I also don't agree with this author

*General Comment: Gemini C is an excellent firm

*UPDATE Employee: Thankful for Gemini (author is just unlucky I think)

*Consumer Comment: Re: Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree with Janis - Gemini is a total SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Great company hiring bad contractors

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Shilling Indeed! They only have good feedback b/c only the ppl they paid are visible!

*Consumer Comment: Wow!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini is a fantastic company- I also do not agree with author

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini is a 5 star company (I don't agree with author)

*Author of original report: Respond to - John

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini and Mrs. Mayflower is great people

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gemini is awesome, no idea what the author is on..

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is a good company I also don't agree with this author

*Author of original report: Respond to - John

*Author of original report: JConstanza

*UPDATE Employee: Gemini is a good company I also don't agree with this author

*Author of original report: Respond to EX- Employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Excellent company

I am freelancer for almost 2 yrs now and just got a contract under Gemini C Group headed by Yvette Mayflower, and it is a fixed project but she clearly told me not to worry anything about payment since she will really pay me half upon 50% of project completion and entire amount will be paid after the project but at first week of my work we are more than 20 workers under our team and 4 of my co team contacted me if the employer able to pay me since all of them are not paid yet and she just end their contract without any reason at all though I am bit alarmed but still I continue on working with the project with my own set of staff we are all 5 working on the project but even we are on the 80% of the project she is not paying me and started to sounds weird sending additional information about revision of her instruction but I just do it without hesitation but when I ask favor even atleast not 50% of the contract payment just for me to pay my team still she will tell me that I am not even 10% of the project completion which I don't know how she came up to that basis, she is making stories that she is asking me per products/services when in fact it is clearly given on her instruction that it is per industry and the list she give me is PER INDUSTRY. Now she just don't WANT to pay at all....She is the WORST EMPLOYER I ENCOUNTER ONLINE... I already waited for so long for her to meet half way of the payment but I realized that all allegations which my co team told me is really TRUE... that she is a BIG SCAMMER... I hope no one will ever work with her again...they will just waste their time and effort without getting any cents at all...SHE IS JUST A USER....By the way she even ended all my co team for me not to communicate with them.

I just give it all to GOD to punished this kind of person I hope no ONE will ever be a VICTIM....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2011 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gemini-C-Group/internet/Gemini-C-Group-Yvette-Mayflower-Not-Paying-For-Project-Awarded-for-His-Company-Internet-778896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gemini C Group

My Research Finds:

AUTHOR: MLS582 - (United States of America)

I received this email 10-16-2012 to research:

GC GROUP INC
job@usa.net

reality of exactly what your customers have experienced. Shopping for new clothes at stores like The Gap, Macy's, Old Navy, Banana Republic and other top retailers.  <- Small amount from, shortened - All one paragraph -> We also implore you to send a scanned copy of any form of Identification for the processing of your application form and also for record purpose but if you cannot provide it presently then you can provide it later,Note that the payment for the survey exercise will be received by you before this week runs out,after you must have been given the survey outlets you will carry out the evaluation. Regards, Hiring Manager GC Group Inc.

My research found :

From: GC Group Inc <gcgroupinc@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:06:08 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Job Opportunity

Our Company needs a leader in Customer Experience Management. Proven experience and systems use information from a variety of sources, including mystery shop visits and store audits to quantify the gap between your brand promise and the reality of exactly what your customers have experienced. <- First paragraph only - Shortened

Regards,
Christopher walker.
Tell: 650-993-1677

Another message about this:

I applied for a job online a few weeks back, and got a reply from a Kenneth Walker from Visible Technologies with this exact number. The position and company were kept confidential on Craigslist, but this information was provided in the reply e-mail. Unfortunately, it's a scam - asking you to cash bogus checks and "keep 10%" (a.k.a. you send them 90% of the value from your own bank account). I would avoid them at all costs.

Another message:

Dear Applicant,
My name is Christopher Walker from www.ecplaza.net, i link suppliers who have been personally tested to buyers and stand for 100%. I source for buyers and suppliers at the same time so I can link them to make mine and the company's profits. On every actual purchase made, I have a 20% profit .I source for buyers and suppliers within and outside the United States of America. I am constantly on the move organizing Seminars to bring buyers and suppliers together. I need someone that can complete billings, invoicing and payments on my behalf and get them to the vendors, as well as to be on deck to receive payments from my buyers, so the linking is effective and immediate. <- Sthortened

Do Let me know if you can handle this. I await your reply.

Regards,
Administrative/Account Dept.
www.ecplaza.net
650-993-1677

Another to show:

I received the same email with a new number:
Tell: 650-993-1120
This number is in Pacifica, CA in San Mateo County: no matching search results were found for this company name.

Another with a Comment:

< - Shorthened - Same message
Tell:
650-993-1120

Gee, do you think I should send him my soc number and date of birth, maybe my bank account numbers and passwords.  SERIOUSLY!!!

#2 General Comment

Freelancing

AUTHOR: Jamal Anderson - (United States of America)

Well I've tried some out most were for quick projects. I never did anything long term and find pricing to be at a huge discount. That's most likely because of all the foreign influx they get. I find the more career based job sites to be a better gain (ie: monster.com, etc)

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Freelancer Sites

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (USA)

To: AUTHOR: J Richards - St. Paul (United States of America)

If your reply was directed to my comment, my own business is doing so well that I do not have to go to freelancer sites looking for new work anymore.  I only go when I am invited to interview, based on my high ratings.  :)

But I have had good luck at oDesk, other than the Gemini C experience.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I am say so you say okay

AUTHOR: Raj - (Bangladesh)

Yes and this what i mean when i say it because you know i come respect you want a discussion we talk we have it but no come in the face of the other like it a big thing better than someone. i will stand up for it is right as the other person say and i thank it for this. but you know if person come to you attitude you gonna have it to you knwo guy? i am okay in the peace of it all as all human this way. and i am still believe to always support company  because they already shown they are respectful to me and my kins of next for it is this way to prove and i am good with them no one can tell me otherwise they hve already proove it to me like oh many say so. i am also talker if you sayinng it to me like you know as ai say. we all want it respect so am say so so you say so good day for it

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Very good

AUTHOR: Dennis M (Freelance experts - Metro - (Philippines)

I am also pinoy never any discrimination - we already made $2.4K + with this firm as my partner has mentioned. It's a little over 9 AM here and the remaining payment is already processed. I can't be convinced otherwise unless they do maybe one day retract out of the blue -- but if that is the case it would most likely be because of us and not them. Very professional company, lot of dedication they expect, and the time table is huge, they don't settle easily.

#6 General Comment

Re: Freelancer sites

AUTHOR: J Richards - (United States of America)

Well Elance appears to have a higher quality of workers on their site imo, although in terms of productiveness I couldn't guarantee that. Have you tried the Freelancer.com? The feedback level on service providers there seems to be a lot more genuine than on the bidding sites like Elance and Odesk etc. I also stay away from Odesk that's an outsourcers paradise.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Playing Nice Means All Parties are Heard

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (USA)

A consumer recently posted that all the bad reports had been debunked.  This is not true, but they are certainly being ignored and overwhelmed by people who want to describe those of us who were not treated fairly by Gemini C as low-quality contractors or worse.

I did post a true story about being ripped off by Gemini C and, more specifically, Yvette Mayflower.  In my email archives, I have history of her abusive treatment.  After successfully negotiating an agreement for partial payment (25% of what was contracted), I also have the email on file where Yvette arbitrarily withdrew her agreement after being told that I had posted to this forum.

What intrigues me about forums like this is the vicious reaction of those who wanted to describe my situation as being my fault.  None of them lived it.  None of them had to put up with the insanity of trying to reason with someone like Yvette Mayflower.

When I realized this thread was nothing other than a swarm, I gave up on the idea of gathering support for a class action lawsuit.

My work was accepted, per the contract.  The $2000 compensation was never received.  The 25% that was promised after weeks of dealing with Mayflower in abusive emails was not ever received either.

In my experienced opinion of Gemini C, they do rip off contractors.  I was there and NO ONE will ever convince me that I'm not real and that I was not ripped off by Gemini C and Yvette Mayflower.

Let others express their views too

AUTHOR: Diana Roy [technical writer] - (New Zealand)

What I find troubling as a consumer is how this poster and the author want people who legitimately stand with the company to stop doing it. Usually as a consumer I'll find most people are against a certain company but this one has a certain sparkle to it. If someone has a good impression then it is their right to express that impression. No one is telling anyone who has had a bad experience with this company to no longer express their view but it's odd to me as a consumer reading this that the few people who put down this company don't want others to support it if that is in fact the case. To then quickly jump to a conclusion at that point indicative of paid posting is one of the most popular things anyone in a opposite position would convey. Everything that I've read has been de-bunked. It's a lengthy read but everything has been addressed already. If people are favorable to this company then that is their right. If people are not favorable that's their right as well. Please learn to accept other view points even if they don't reiterate your experience regardless of what you think good or bad.

Play nice children :)

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

So quick to jump to conclusions? You're doing the same thing. Hypocritical

AUTHOR: Torrence Marks - (United States of America)

Uh no. Oh I don't know maybe because you're a d****e bag?

I mean right now you don't like me but just a few posts ago you said "thanks" to me for acknowledging you for a second there. What I called you out on was your reaction to Raj and that was the right call. Here you are judging other people by "their reaction" so let me do the same. Your reaction to me was unprecedented and way too quick just as you said about Raj. That's completely hypocrtical. The only sane reason can be because I did not support the way you were talking to this guy, I mean lady come on, he can barely write, probably much less speak English. You don't need to come down on him like that. Where I'm from that's just straight up being a d****e bag.

When I was on your side I got a praise but now I'm not cool. Whatever dude, I've done my grill, pulled my own and I still am adamant in what I believe. I don't need you to tell me what reality has presented. I didn't mock you like the way you are mocking me. Give it a rest will ya -

#10 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Baby tantrums wah wah!

OMG wall of test *warning warning*

And now she bashes everyone on here who supports the company showing her "awesome pro skills at marketing." You are so cool! Wee! While saying anyone that bashes her is wrong or a paid poster when she is there doing the same thing - making out with personal attacks and Ad hominems as someone else pointed earlier. What little credibility you had is gone. I was hush hush myself but I'll also speak up. People will speak up whether you like it not. I just think you hate the fact that so many people absolutely agree with this company.

People only started pointed out your wrong doing when you got personal with that guy Raj. Then the other guy earlier said you were okay until you did that and I have to concur with that. You're wrong for playing the game of double standards and you need to fess up to that. You seem to have this attitude like you only like it when you can have your way yet hate to hear the other side and then come up with excuses to "logically" explain all the opposition you're getting. Meanwhile you claim to be such an extravagant professional making so much money each week yet your words give an imature impression of you. Grow up you sound like a 12 year old on the Disney forums my daughter frequents.

You go about writing personal attacks and Ad hominems while saying anyone else that does in response to that is wrong. It doesn't start until someone on some side begins it and that would be you my dear. That's a dictators attitude and that's a cause for concern. So Way to go!  - we have this "dictator" here making 1.7ker / week picking on people who can barely write english. Yeah figures from someone bashing this company...surprise surprise ... not. Deep down anyone with as much time you seem to have with the objective to disrespect other people just because they can't write english as well as you is really a sign of insecurity.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Baby tantrums wah wah!

OMG wall of test *warning warning*

People only started pointed out your wrong doing when you got personal with that guy Raj. Then the other guy earlier said you were okay until you did that and I have to concur with that. You're wrong for playing the game of double standards that so admit it and stop trying to be like you are perfect because you don't seem like it. You seem to only like it when you can have your way and speak up but seem to  hate to hear the other side. You claim to be such an extravagant professional making so much money each week yet your words display yourself not as an adult but as a child in my point of view. You go about writing personal attacks and Ad hominems while saying anyone else that does in response is wrong. It doesn't start until someone on some side begins it and that would be you my dear. That's a dictators attitude and that's a cause for concern. So Way to go!  - we have this "dictator" here making 1.7ker / week picking on people who can barely write english. Yeah figures from someone bashing this company...surprise surprise ... not. Deep down anyone with as much time you seem to have with the objective to disrespect other people is really just insecure. The real adults making 1.7ker / week don't have the time to mess around.

#12 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini C's obvious attempt to put the fire off

AUTHOR: Freelancer5 - (Philippines)

The personal attacks to the people complaining is definitely an obvious attempt to put the fire off...paid forum posters --- hahaha, anyone who will read this thread will definitely know that this is a lame attempt to redeem the tainted image of Gemini C. Again, not rocket science.

Gemini C is a scam. Anyone who wants to prove that, it's obvious in this thread. Again, no amount of positive comments will change or erase the fact that they took advantage of people, they've committed fraud, what a fraudulent company ! ( although now I am not sure if its really a company) Unless you are brave enough to give out contact info of your company, have a credible and real office address, you're not nailing it. This desperate attempt to reverse the company's image by positive comments just gave it away. Raj, your post really gave it away. The comment I made to you was a test on how you'll react...trying to determine if you're a paid poster -- hahaha, and you jumped on it without any hesitation ( uh-oh, so that means you didn't do a great job in forum posting , watch out, dude, make sure you asked an advance ) -- and Terrence -- man, you just gave it away with your second post. So probably the writing stint was forum posting, eh? I almost believed that they actually paid people -- I guess there's truth in that because they paid the forum posters. The ones who really did the core tasks were not, so voila! gotcha! Then another one comes in hurling personal attacks as well -- hahahah. That's just so low. But what can I say, a company with unethical practices will definitely play the dirty games, I'm not really surprised.

Sorry guys, I hope the time you spent reading the long posts was worth the pay -- and the personal attacks just keep giving it away.

So I am expecting more positive comments about the company will be posted after this -- and more personal attacks will also come, I wouldn't be surprised. If you guys had such good experience with this company, then ripoff report will be the last site you'd come to profess your love and admiration to Gemini C.

The truth is only paid people will spend time to read more than 100 posts about a complain about the company and take time to defend it. I've been in online marketing myself and yeah, this is just so obvious. I almost believed that Gemini C has a good side and they actually paid people for projects, wow, you almost got me there..but the swiftness in retaliation is so obvious. So Gemini C...what a lame way to redeem your credibility. Maybe you want to try a different strategy -- pay the people that you owe money then maybe you don't have to bother with paid forum posters -- you know, paying people of what you owe them for their services is a great way to build and market your credibility. But then, obviously, it's cheaper to pay forum posters than pay the professionals who did the core tasks for you.

Whoever  is managing your online marketing -- that person should be fired, you're obviously not doing damage control, hence, you're highlighting the exact complain in this report. Try a different strategy, maybe when you've convinced the snails, people will actually believe you're a credible company ( if you're really a company ).

Nice try but try again. In any forums, personal attacks is the number one sign of paid posters and trolls. And a handful of those are found in this thread. Good luck with the damage control, you're almost convincing the ghosts.

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

no problem here as well for me

AUTHOR: Ma Jacqueline *Laurita* - St - (Philippines)

I am from the Philippines and I have never felt any discrimination from this company. I have also worked with sir Kent Tuvou. This man is one of the most warm, kindest, gentlest men I have ever known. When I worked for them we got a long just fine. I did an original report for them in February of 2011 and it lasted until April 16 of that year - got paid $1,450 for this. Money is not an issue for them. I committed to my deadline and all instructions required of me, precise it was easy, objectives I already learned in grade school. Never worked again with them though as I could never get the bid ;(

I think they were being nice to me or just maybe a better option in their view.

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

im respond man

AUTHOR: Raj - (Bangladesh)

who you think you are to me? because you can make some big money like 1700 usd each week you can spit on mme and look down as your word feel llike it to me like this. i dont no care if if you oprah winfrey richest woman in whole world of this i will look you in eye and spit in it if you ever say i am a liar and thief. i swear to my GODS that they pay us and behave before me and my crew well and i will never join a snake like you. you think u are big time talker well i talker to you too  u htink im a fire on me well yo uare an inferno on YOU for this you say. i respect my fellow person but clearly you not respecting the other you talking like you are better than me who think u are??!!!!  i am a hard working man supporting his family and extended family but i do not care who you are or howmoney came to you of much of it you are i am or if you biggest man on earth i am not afraid of you!!!!!

#15 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I know people like you

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Look I'll just be straight forward because I think that will cut the cheddar and pass the bread.

Honey save it, I have made over $6k from this company over the past 16 months and over $11k over a two year period with them. So I can personally attest that this company doesn't quam over money.

After all you're such a big time freelancer making over $1.7k every week while us peons are no where near you - Honey quit acting like you run the world. Because the fact is you don't. Trying to act like you're some bad a** oh save it. I've seen people like you all my life!! You're the same kind of person who goes to a cafe and orders all the waitresses and waiters around meanwhile you tip poorly! You have the same ego driven personality I've seen in those kinds of people, $1.7k a week right....

#16 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No problem

AUTHOR: Torrence Marks - (United States of America)

Oh no no problem at all. But I have to disagree there, there are people on here from all over the world that have indicated being payed in excess of $1000 just read the posts, a lot in excess of $2000 as well. I don't think it has anything to do with location just because some of us happen to be Americans. A lot of people that have supported this company have stepped up to the plate from all over the globe. What I really think is sometimes project just break down that's it. It's happened to me before and it happens to everyone at some point.

It definitely looks like you things didn't work out for and that sucks but a lot of people on here have pointed out some shady things from the author so it's kind of difficult to take some of these complaints seriously especially when our own experience says otherwise. You can say they did fraud but we only have your view point and of course if things didn't work out the way you liked it then that's what you're going to say of course.

As for that Raj guy, the guy was just his view point no need to get into his face. Seems double standard of you to talk to him like that when you are trying to condemn everyone on here for speaking in the same way.

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Freelancer5 - (Philippines)

Raj, if you confirm those data, and if you speak just like how you write, I hope you'll get good results. No offense man, but obviously your post is a poor attempt of this company to put out the fire. Good luck to you, I hope you are truly getting $700. Seriously, that's a sincere wish. You don't want to be in our place.

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Thanks Torrence - More Thoughts

AUTHOR: Freelancer5 - (Philippines)

Good to hear that you were paid but 2 writing stunt for $500 must be something that they can afford. The project that I did for them involves more costs because it pretty much involve phone, email and research. Generally it was supposed to be just "sending brochure" but apparently it's lead generation, and we're not talking about simple telemarketing because after the initial conversation, we'll have to send the brochure and call back these people -- and these are professionals who are busy and one has to be persistent to really exert time and effort to get the information we need. Unfortunately, it's not a forum posting or writing gig which you have a turn around time. I also do some copy writing projects and have my small SEO writing business going so I understand the effort and differences between projects. The project cost I had with Gemini is $1700 and that's not a joke. I am obliged to submit 1,700 names of people and businesses willing to listen and give input about their product. If you'd look at it, I am earning $1 per name on it which requires me to contact 3 times in the entire duration of the project and that last for 5 months. If I am going to sum up the time, energy and cost I incurred to this project, I can clearly say that I operated in a loss but because the agreement had been made and out professionalism, I didn't ask for more, after all, I already planned that I will use the money not for me but to the indigenous tribe I am helping. Here in the Philippines, that amount of money that Gemini C had not paid would made it possible for us to buy more medicine and do a medical mission last Christmas.

And this is just sad. Really sad..and what makes it more sad for me is that I see people testifying that they've been paid -- so if they are really paying -- how come they have not paid those who worked on the tougher projects and the ones that actually cost more? I know some of the positive comments on this thread are paid forum posters due to the vagueness of their positive testimonies, but at the end of the day, Gemini C paid these little freelance jobs and do not take care of those projects that worked directly in their research initiatives?

On the other forum, another person posted that he was not paid worth $3000 -- and with the sound of his name I believe he's from South Asia -- and with that amount, I suspect it was an IT task/assignment. I feel terrible for that guy because I could have imagined his anticipation when the project was done and then finding out that he's not going to get the payment. My world crumbled when Christopher told me about the delay in payment -- and every time they make an excuse, this disappointment turns into aggravation. It's really a stressful experience. If they want to negotiate, there should be some leverage -- if they are not happy with the results, they should have informed us, negotiate the payment -- it can all be settled -- but in my case, in any angle, 4 months of waiting for a payment is not telling me that they are a credible company.

Probably another factor is that you are in the US ( if you really are ) that's why you got paid, you could have sued them ( I dunno if you'll go after a $500 project in court but regardless, you're in equal grounds ) I noticed that the people who had been a victim of nonpayment of this company are mostly overseas and they are projects worth $1000 and above. One of the guys that was not paid is a journalist and I am very sure, the way he commented, he's not going to take this sitting down as well. I don't know if Gemini is thinking that they can get away with this, probably we'll never be able to sue them but the internet is a very powerful tool, I've always believed that people who feel oppressed or taken advantage of are pretty much the people who are very motivated and very determined for payback. And I believe that that is the reason why sites like this exist. Nonetheless, no amount of positive comments about Gemini C will ever erase the fact that they committed fraud in my case and in to other hardworking freelancers who just like me, invested time and money just to ensure that Gemini's expectations were delivered. A midst the posts here which tells they are a great company ( probably they are based on your experience, as I said, I have nothing against that ) the fact is, they have not paid us. They continually made excuses, stalled us when we were following up with our payments and have not sent a single cent months after the tasks were finished. It probably didn't happen to you, but for those who unfortunate enough, this company -- Gemini C, is nothing but a scam. And I guess this should be a warning too, if ever some freelancers come across them -- think twice. It's me today, could be you tomorrow.

#19 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dhaka Inc confirm - thank

AUTHOR: Raj - (Bangladesh)

i am work finish second project we confirm data each day we finish on time we finish it and making $245 dollars with them. Second payment with gemini i am confirm this is company that pay this time i no hold my breath as much after first confirm which faithfully work good and now this second confirm i am going to work with them more me too and my team. i thank now we making over 700 usd with this it's good win win.

#20 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Nice

AUTHOR: Torrence Marks - (United States of America)

Gonna have to say although I still disagree on where this company stands, for a negative poster 130 you seem to be the only one who can articulate yourself with a lesser degree of bias. I'm also thinking you are not a copy of the author based on your writing style. As a writer I know these things. You acknowledge the good and the bad in your experience, some things you've pointed in favor of those who have had positive reviews and of course a lot that were not favorable but at least you're not completely one-sided. I like that in a person.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out though. Sometimes it just sucks, I've made $500 from this company in two writing stunts so far. It's amazing how you can have two completely different experiences in life and it's not just things like this it's pretty much everything.

Best of luck to you in the future though you look like a pretty neat person.

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

To Kyle and Jerry -- Yes, I still take my stand, I was scammed by Gemini C

AUTHOR: Freelancer5 - (Philippines)

@Kyle -- I have to agree on your point about being careful. I've always had fixed projects, most of them out of ODesk. I am also a freelance business dev consultant in the outsourcing industry here and I have accounts that I closed for some companies that earn me good commissions. When I saw the good ratings of this company in ODesk and the work description and the interview with Yvette, I know this is a legit job. I don't know Yvette, Christopher and Kelly personally so I do not really like to put judgement on them. They kept the communication going for quite some time and had contacted me until March. Let's not take the subject away from the issue here, the reason why I posted here is that I am testifying that I went through the same experience just like the author about this company -- and yes, a sad fact, trusting Gemini C turned out to be a ..well, I'll call it a learning experience. If they are a division of a "credible company", I think this post will not exist -- so that leaves to be proven. More so, if that is true, it's quite embarrassing for a legit company to have loose ends like this. A couple of thousand dollars to professional freelancers remained unpaid for the work that has been delivered. You said you are familiar with the law -- does that sound logical to you? To use results of work from people you did not pay? In any perspective you look at this -- this fraud -- changing the rules after the agreement has been signed, even for anyone who did not study law, this is not rocket science. If in fact, they are actually a credible company and care about their image not only to freelancers but also to their clients and prospects, this kind of issue should actually bother them and take care of it. Their business revolves around data and research -- and we all know that their number one channel of marketing is online -- when I typed Gemini C in Google, after their website, the scam forum and this one showed up on the first page, imagine if a prospect client did that search. Unless of course Gemini C is just a hoax company, this shouldn't bother them.

Regarding posting on a Saturday afternoon -- well, as much as I would like to have dinner with kids-I don't have kids. In fact, I just came from a charity mission that supports an indigenous group in the Philippines ( and that's what I do aside from my business ventures and freelance works -- that's the reason why I am a freelancer in the first place ) and was checking my emails when I came across this post about Gemini C.

The project started in July of 2011 and I thought it was a good opportunity. I recently launched a charity project to help the Agta people of General Nakar in Quezon Province here in the Philippines. A big part of that $1700 I worked for, I intended to spend on that mission. Anyway, so I just came back yesterday and I checked my email to see if Kelly replied to my follow up on the payment. I actually searched Gemini C online to obtain other contact info about the company hoping I can get in touch with other people in that organization so they can help me on my follow up for my payment -- and I saw all these posts about them. You know, for someone who continuously trusted that company, seeing all these scam posts is just a big stab. For the past couple of months, I feared that this may be the case but since Christopher and Kelly kept in touch, I held on to that. However, with these posts and the unresponsiveness of people from Gemini C, it's hard not to conclude that they actually do this. And with no payment coming in, I think anyone who is reading this will agree that I have the right to think that yes, I've been scammed by this company.

@Jerry -- I am not bragging about anything. I am showing my background to give proof that I am an existing person who is not just hoping to get easy money or just trolling around. I don't solely get my projects from ODesk. I do business development projects for other local companies here and believe me, I know a lot of other consultants in the outsourcing industry who earn more, I'm considered "small time" as to put it. But you see, it's not something you just earn because you can create a few documents, it is a result of a decade of hard work, experience, skills and building good business relationships. I don't believe in easy money. So if my description of what I do and my work background appears as  bragging rather than proving my credibility as a professional working freelancer, then I will take that as a compliment, you must think it's quite impressive for you to have an impression that I'm bragging. I'm just working to have a comfortable life and do what I want in life just like everyone else -- there's just one formula to it -- hard work. It didn't happen overnight and for the record, I am not bragging about it. If you're intimidated or cannot believe that, that's your problem, I don't owe you any explanation or convince you or anyone why I earn what I earn, but it surely won't come across to judgmental people.

In terms of not looking back to where I came from -- you don't know me and you don't know what I do. That money I was supposed to receive from this project, a big chunk of that is going to our indigenous brothers and sisters whom I bet you have not heard about or don't even bother to know. So before you tell me that I am forgetting my roots, you're barking at the wrong tree -- and you can reserve your God Bless greetings when it's not meant as a sarcasm and a closing note after professing your judgement to someone you barely know. That contradicts the whole essence of writing God Bless.

The reason why I posted my profile is that I want people to understand that I am not making this up and that it did happen -- and that I, a real existing person, who does business and work as a freelancer ( not just for ODesk) , had unfortunately, been a victim of them. As I said, for those of you who had been paid and had a good experience with them, good for you. But for those of us who have been led on and have been taken advantage of, of course this is unacceptable.

What would you feel if you are in our place? There's just a grave betrayal on this that actually makes the affected people voice out their thoughts and attacking the person who is voicing that out is surely uncalled for. People have different opinions because they have different experiences and may it be that this post become a warning to those who are doing business or contemplating of doing business with this company to be aware that they do take advantage of people. On my part, I am not going to say that I haven't been patient or did not give them a chance. I don't have anything against Yvette or Christopher or Kelly personally, but I am posting this in reference of what transpired in that business transaction that I entered in good faith, believing that with a good ODesk feedback on this company's profile ( which is now suspended due to "abuse") , I am here now testifying that unfortunately, yes, they have not paid me, four months after the project had been delivered.

This is the real issue here, not being paid for a work that has been delivered. Regardless of people's status in life, if he or she has been taken advantage of, it's his/her every right to express dismay and tell other people about it. The point is we delivered the work that was expected of us and of course, it's just natural to expect the agreed payment. You, yourselves know that when you had a good experience with a company, you tell a few people about it ( very rare would profess their joy in this aspect though since most people will say they got what they paid for ) but if people experience something bad, they won't hesitate to tell the world about it -- what more if you delivered a service and was not paid -- in a clear business agreement prior to start of the project, and knowing in good faith that you are dealing with a company with good credibility standing -- are you going to happily accept this? If you can't still see the reason behind our complains -- then there must be something wrong with the way you think. It's not rocket science. No matter how much you say that you should have done this and that, it's not going to make any difference anymore because the bottom line is that the agreement had been made, work delivered and pay was not given. Simple as that. It's simply saying, we have not been paid in accordance to the agreed transaction even though we already delivered the work that has been expected from us -- and we're complaining and testifying about it in this post because we were ripped off by this company. So, how does that affect you personally to resort to personally attacking the people who are voicing this complain? You can pretty much give inputs on what should have been done and the "next time, learn this and that" comments but it doesn't change the fact that people had been scammed by this company.

I  reiterate, yes, I've been scammed by Gemini C, they have with them the result of work which I invested time and effort and have not paid me a single cent even after the work had been delivered last December. If you are in my position and have gone through this, I am sure you'd be cursing this company -- you're definitely a hypocrite if you say you wont.

You have to understand that people work so that they can earn -- that's just how simple it is. Now if that's just too much for you to take or you can't grasp the issue in this post, unfortunately, I cannot help you on that.

And as my stand, yes, I will do the things that I wrote on my earlier post because it is a way of warning other people that this is a part of what this company does. It will be up to those people to handle that information. Even if my action will only have .001% negative impact on their company, I will still do it because it's aggravating and stressful to be taken advantage of -- especially in this scenario, for my fellow freelancers and those who work hard to earn a living from a credible and good means..and of course, for my personal justice and closure in this incident.

I would be tremendously surprised if they will still pay all these people that they scammed but I know someone from that company is reading this thread so just to let them know, you're never going to be a successful company if you build your business around unethical practices, we all know how companies like these fall eventually. I think I've seen posts from people both in and out of the United States saying who were scammed ( and almost scammed but opted out right away ) by Gemini C and that's just unfortunate, it only shows that the core value of this company lacks the business ethics in honoring business and professional agreements.

I appreciate your time to read my post and I never wish any of you to encounter or be a victim of such fraudulent transactions such as this, especially if you have good intentions and professional attitude in entering every business agreement with either a company or an individual.

#22 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Filipinas making $1,700 so easily?

AUTHOR: Jerry (Freelance Experts - Manila) - (Philippines)

I don't believe it.

I have been an executive manager for many American companies and local companies for over 12 years. Like you I am now a freelancer and I work with my friends on many of these projects. I am very involved in the freelancer community and I do not know anyone who is an American friend of ours who can make $1,700 so easily each month much less a Filipina. Your profile does not suggest it otherwise. I know many people who have made over $1,700 in one month on many hourly and fixed rate projects but this is not a consistent thing, usually this is a one time thing or something that lasts over two to four months period. No one in the freelance community make $1,700 per month (even American and rich European) consistently, if it happens it's a one time thing most of the time. There are some that do make this money but it is only a small very small few - maybe 1/2 of 1/2 percent making this as a freelancer.

Do not brag it is not needed sister. Remember we are the same as you and have the same roots. Don't forget your roots.

Ang hindi marunong tumingin sa pinaggalingan ay di makakarating sa paroroonan.

Remember our roots I am sorry to hear of your problem and I hope in time you will heal through the graces of our beloved Father. But we are same - God bless sister.

#23 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good ratings

AUTHOR: Jerry (Freelance Experts - Manila) - (Philippines)

On February 15 we were contracted to perform a lengthy research project for this company. I have worked with Kent Tuvou and Jennifer Roys on this project. It was a big shock for me to find this board but it does not surprise me since this is a company that seems to hire many people. Me and my team have worked sucessfully with this company and I can say that our project ended well. The value of our project was $2,450. We have been paid only $2,000 so far with the remainder to come in by Tuesday our local time here in the Philippines. They are still going through the analysis and if there is some changes we need done they will let us know. We worked very hard for the project and we were treated very well the entire time. It's a shock to hear some things I've read but it reassures me more to see even more people saying good things. Our experience also aligns with the vast people here. God Bless to everyone and I hope that those that had some trouble are able to work with the company some how. I have had issues with past employers on ODesk and Elance as well but not this one. Sometimes you are lucky sometimes maybe not. Contracting can be risky. You roll the dice when you are a contractor and not a full time employee.

#24 General Comment

Still unconvinced

AUTHOR: Kyle L - (United States of America)

I have been following this thread for some time and remain unconvinced that this company is going out of its way to scam people. I wanted to drop my own impression after reading a long list of view points here. The flourish of positive reviews on a website that is soley dedicated to profiting off of the defamation or libel of other companies is huge in my book. This one tops the list like a few other companies I've seen like Proflowers and Verizon.

The last negative post indicates a division in the same people complaning about this company in leau of this character "Yvette", though there have been a few that have had bad experiences with this company there is a division in how some of these people portray "Yvette." Even in this camp (let us assume for a moment we aren't dealing with replicas or multiple accounts of the author which I think is a good possibility albeit) we see some who have given gratitude and others who hate Yvette. Then the majority on here who support this company adore her. This trend leads to me suggest that whoever she is or whenever she worked for this company before her death that she is a good person.

Now I'm a frequent reader of this site, I like to know what's new and what's going on. A trend is a trend and this company has an interesting one. The thing that interests me is the support for it over the few posts defaming it.

I believe that if there are any legitimate posts that are completely negative as we've seen and they are authentic (let us assume for a moment that we aren't dealing with replica accounts of the author) then these do need to be acknowledged. I have to agree with the poster 125 you can't just brush these off these are legitimate concerns. However on the other hand the experiences opposite of such view points suggest otherwise of such connotations and these positive view points also need to be respected - and I think even more so since the positive reviews have been immense - again on a website like this. The positive to negative review ratios (thumbs up / thumbs down) also suggest that the people reading this message board have also concluded similar view points in favor of this company. The author's original post has over 70 thumb downs as I write this.

Human nature is human nature - and in this case anyone who had a bad deal with this company will naturally give it all the world blasphemy that they can think of, raise their voice up high and shout to the highest of the lungs that they swear to their most highest deity that this company is bad. Meanwhile those who have had a great experience with the company -- surely the great majority here --- will naturally of course praise the company.

And not to snide or take sides - but in reference to poster 125 - a lot of good points are made. The one about having a right to defame, yes that is your right but in some circles that could be libel and you could be sued for that if you are in fact exagerating your claims. Posting your profile information - a brave and as my son would say "ballsy move" is indeed admirable but wise - I wouldn't hold my breath on that . You look like a good lady based on what I saw but I honestly doubt you could easily make $1.7K in a week off of "some contracting job" on a freelance site. You're from the Philippines and so let's be realistic here - not to say there are no Philippinos that don't make that amount - I'm sure there are - but even here in the US NOT that many people make that much in a week. So again that is an exageration in my point of view, further on based on my research of your profiles you posted I don't see any supporting evidence on Odesk that would justify an easy 1.7K per week. What else does this say about you? And could you be exagerating other things? I don't know - look I don't know you but it's a red flag in my book. And it's not the first red flag from the so called "negative people here." If that was in fact the case that you can make that amount so quickly then I doubt you would even bother posting on this site. Sure you can say ethically it's the right thing to do but most people who make that each week wouldn't bother. Why take a Saturday and bother posting on Ripoffreport when you could be fine dining or taking your kids out as a professional? [shrugs] The fact you are "giving them one more week" depicts someone willing to take both sides, choosing both the good guy and the bad guy meanwhile only willing to cast your sword if the bad guy prevails. That's what many people in my circle of law call a "two face" strategy. Don't even bother giving them a week you should just forget it because if they read this I doubt they will continue working with you? Why would any employer cooperate after a post like that? Again, let's be realistic here.

I've also looked into the contact and legal claim that the people have been unable to defend. Now this one is interesting, because in my investigations as a paralegal who has way too much time on his hand, with these rip off reports - is that either companies don't have legal information available for a good reason or they are frauds. If you are able to do some very good due dilligence you will find that this company does in fact have the legal attributes of any company. In this case it's because they have a good reason so therefore you can easily be misguided in this scenario - and this is what is happening here and is easily to kick off with anyone who had a bad experience with this company. The key is ample research, if you don't have the ability then you need to subscribe to the correct authorities, sometimes with a monthly fee of at least $100. That is because when you are dealing with holding companies and firms registering as a DBA informaiton can be hard to find and only subscribing resources are your key. I've unconvered that this company is in fact legitimate, the company DZ Seubing is a holding company so that information is on terms with the policies that holding companies are granted in the rule of law in national [US] and international commerce. That means confidential information is respected, the same goes for a DBA which Gemini C is - as others have pointed out. On the other hand if I wasn't able to find this through my contacts and research then I would raise a red flag and outright say it. As a matter of fact it would have completely changed my view on this discussion.

This is an interesting one for me as a paralegal and post graduage in business law - because in this scenario we have variables that show an interesting result. I must say - I am still unconvinced that this is a bad kid we're dealing with. Albeit I must say I do enjoy the popcorn very much!

I would also warn anyone that works on freelance sites to read before comitting to a project. A lot of freelance sites have rules and engagement, most of the time are favorable to the company you are working for. That's important so keep that in mind. So read carefully before you work, setup agreements that can be enforced through the site, request a deposit or upfront fee, and be safe out there.

#25 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I just have to respond to that persone who said that to me

AUTHOR: Tiffany Hill (Eccentric Services) - (United States of America)

Yeah definitely not from here...

And you act like all american companies are angels - get over yourself! guess you forgot to mention Enron, Arthur Anderson, Siemens, I guess only an american company is good for you as long as it isn't this one!

The company details you posted are wrong anyways. I've never seen those details before so you're either making that up or they've updated them? And why are you asking the bbb to contact them when you could have done it yourself? Oh wait the international phone rate too much for you?

And why all of a sudden do all the negative "posts" that were all foreigners before now suddenly changed to someone apparently here who doesn't even understand dba business?

And if you're a new poster why are you so certain everyone here that knows this company for what it is is going to bash you? I mean why so quick to assume unless you are another fake?

And why are you so adamant to have everyone here to stop supporting this company? Maybe because the word is out that you're a scam poster who probably is the real scammer here trying to cheat companies out of their money and creating multiple accounts?

Why? maybe because you can't stand the fact that when you have real people defending this company You just can't cope??

The real disgrace is most likely you and deep down I bet you know it! you wreak of a scam artist trying to defraud contracting companies!!  The gigs up you're a scammer and everyone here knows it.

You called me dumb? - well go screw you know who you're a fake! freak!

#26 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini C is really a scam and they have not paid me too

AUTHOR: Freelancer5 - (Philippines)

Being a professional in the outsourcing industry for almost a decade and a freelancer since 2009, I have good faith that employers who want to save on costs and hire freelancers to do some of the non core operations within their businesses. When they hired me through ODesk in July 2011, I was excited to work for them and have been in correspondence with Yvette since the nature of work is in line with my profession. She's very amiable and answered all my questions and had a very good employer feedback in ODesk. I spoke to Christoper Christian for the initial interview and I signed the NDA and reviewed the project scope. Yvette promptly replied to my questions. I sent them the  weekly report as required, kept them updated and the project took longer than expected. I think the Business Development project was not handled very well. In fairness to Christopher, he reached out and explained the procedures to me. I finished the project in December 2011 but had been in contact with Christopher prior to finishing the project. Their account was suspended twice in ODesk and I figured out that a lot of contractors filed a complain against them. Still I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Being an online entrepreneur myself and in the corporate world for almost a decade, I understand the value of internal procedures. Yvette emailed me and asked if I would prefer to be paid through direct transfer, Paypal or go to Guru. I opted to go to Guru starting November 2011 just to make sure they'd be on the loop and a "contract" related to the project.

I've been in correspondence with the VP of "research and verification" Kelly Williams and she told me the verification will take some time because of other projects. The verification started late in January 2011 and by the last week of March, she said they are at 85% of the verification. I can understand internal procedures but I think it is unacceptable that they make a lot of excuses just to scam and take advantage of freelancers. They owe me $1,700 for the project, they have not paid a single cent. I revisited their website -- no contact information, no address and says they are A DZSeubing Deutsche division since August 2011 --  DZSeubing Deutsche doesn't exist. With all the complaints that I've seen here and in http://www.scaminformer.com/scam-report/gemini-c-group-gemini-c-group-yvette-mayflower-not-paying-for-project-c50441.html I am very sure that this company is a scam, no legit company will post a site that doesn't have at least an 800 number or a general email to contact. Although I cannot sue them since I am overseas, I will make sure that they will be reported in legal agencies in the US, especially in the outsourcing community. I have all the correspondence that transpired between me and Christopher Christian and Kelly Williams to prove how they stalled and made excuses to delay the payment and cause stress in this whole ordeal. Reading the comments of those who gave positive feedback to the company -- well, if it's true you did have a great experience with this company, then good for you. It's just suspicious how you'd go to miles to defend them, making people think that you must have been paid a good amount to do this -- and for those of us who were not paid, respect the fact that we invested time and effort to ensure the work will be delivered. With my professional experience, the way this company is holding off  payments seems really suspicious. I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt though. I sent an email to Kelly Williams yesterday and have not received any response. If I don't get to hear about any payment news within next week, I will definitely report them to DnB, BBB and other outsourcing and freelancing communities. I can say that my background is very credible and I know the outsourcing and freelancing business can be risky but some people are just not going to take these kinds of abuse from people who want to live off by taking advantage of other people.

I do believe in the ethical way of doing business and I know when to let things pass and when to stand up and fight for what is just. If you want me to prove my credibility, here is my LI profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/leahavila and my ODesk profile https://www.odesk.com/users/~~a317510fd9fe073e

I am not afraid to show people who I am because I have not taken advantage of anyone and have been exercising good business practices. I do believe the author of this report since I am suffering the same consequence in doing business with Gemini C in good faith.

Attacking people personally because of their opinions and expression of dismay over things that others had a good experience is definitely uncalled for. If you had a good experience with Gemini C, good for you but for those of us who did not, it is our right to fight for what we worked for. That's the bottom line -- and if we want to express our dismay about this company, it is our right. This is a simple warning so that other freelancers won't have to go through the same unnecessary trouble and stress. Though $1,700 is an amount I can earn in a week with my current projects, it's the principle behind it that counts. This is business and will be confined within the grounds of business laws. This is actually fraud since they have not lived up to the rules laid down before commencement of the business. Credibility wise -- all I see are just people defending a company's reputation -- no contact information and no legal document stating their credible reputation. I leave it to you to put the pieces together. And if anyone from Gemini C is reading this ( if they are actually a legit company), you know very well how to contact me and send the payment.

#27 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Seconded

AUTHOR: Trish Demarcos - (United States of America)

I already debunked that way back IN TIME.

#28 UPDATE EX-employee responds

already debunked - author quit talking to yourself

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Lol looks like the poster above me caught the author on a sweet spot..funny how all of a sudden this person comes out of the wood work acting like John Wayne!

Jennifer welcome! I completely applaud you so nicely put there!

No one that understands dbas do not help this person let them drool in their paranoia and insanity - lol!

Like the beachead scene in saving private run ... don't shoot let em burn! I always bring that up whenever playing COD!

God as shield? Honey what do you know about God as a shield? All of a sudden you want to talk about God? What a coincidence! You can say whatever you want and post on as many accounts as you like which you clearly have been doing here as it's obvious to a two year old what you are doing - but you can't tell those of us who have been paid well by this company for doing projects for them on freelance sites that we are evil. The real evil is you for trying to make this company look bad when the reality is that's not the case. You always get mad whenever someone supports this company well too bad Obama won and McCain didn't! And you know what Obama will win again! Go cry a river honey and stop talking to yourself!!!

Are You Telling This To Your SELF...

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

You who defend this company are on the Evil side as you just defend in exchange of penny...Be ashame of your self claiming that the victims here are just same person posting for multiple accounts...It maybe you who do this kind of trick....don't used God as your shield as GOD always know the truth and this will always come out...No matter how this company pay for repairing their reputation they will always remain as SCAM to us victims...

#30 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: jennifer - hammertime r - (United States of America)

I was passed this report through a close friend who also does freelancing work.

I can say I've also worked for this company twice a while back in the past. The people coordinating their projects ar esome of the most friendliest people I have ever known in my life. They are warm honest and absolutely up front with what they want and will tell you in advance if anything has to change.

There is so many lies in this topic coming from just a few people that it just irrates me. I am so glad that so many others have stood up to the call and decided to defend this company. Clearly it's the great many here that prevail in this. Honest hard working people standing up for this company is a testimony of its excellence. Nothing else needs to be said no matter how many times the author (as I've seen many on here claim) will create other accounts and post the same topic just because he or she or whatever in God's mercy is doesn't get the last word.

And clearly someone here has never heard of DBA, what a silly thing for other people to have to point out. If you really worked for this company you would know how to contact them. But the fact you don't already shows you had a very bad relationship with them.

You can only blame yourself. The business place is an honestl andscape and there are procedures and ways of conducting oneself. If you can't follow how this company does things then look for anoter.

It's nice to see so many of you all here (some of you who I also know!) to defend this company. Godbless you all! And never stand out of the way of darkness and evil. Remember that light will always prevvail. Remember the saying "Light will always light up a dark room but the darkness can never darken a lighten room."Don't let the darkness prevail, stand in front of it and tell it the truth.

Remember the truth will always prevail no matter h*o w much a satanic person may want to hate and bring negativity. Their world view is negativity and hate and they're trying to put their negative energy onto others.

Same result but different conclusion

AUTHOR: your mother :) - (United States of America)

first why is it assumed that almost anyone on here who supports this comp is some paid poster? that's just insecurity there pal grow up for two minutes.

i just did some dd myself and found the same results but i also found that this company is a dba. you claim to be smart by insulting a woman but the fact is you don't even know what a dba is because if you did you wouldn't have made those outrageous claims.

two things here "mr watson"

1) you're either not american cause you don't know what a dba is

2) you're a troll

3) you're the same author or someone identical like others on here pointed out

educate yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_business_as

especially if you are a non american trying to be one of us - wanabe

and so what if i don't type in proper grammar, intelligence is a measure of response not how you present yourself. moron

#32 General Comment

Debunked

AUTHOR: KyLe - Braws - (United States of America)

Yeah saw that too a little while back but this is clearly a private entity so as someone said before it's probably just operating as a dba. Nothing wrong with that. That's pretty normal but not the common thing I'll agree with that.

If people are getting paid with this company good for them that's all anyone cares about anyways..

I am so Happy To Know that LOTS of Victims Come Out...

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

I really know that it needs me to reveal about this SCAM to aware other freelancer to be the next victim and I also know that this company would really hire few individuals to repair their reputation....that's an old school method here in freelancing world...I don't need to answer all those who make fake accounts and pretending to be satisfied of this companies dealings and in contrary make fun of all those genuine victims who just reveal our misfortune with Yvette Mayflower Gemini .

I know lots of victims still to come out and i already expect that every 1 complain will be posted then 10 rebuttals will answer. I hope this paid individuals here will realized what they are doing is not at all good.... if you want to defend this company ..go on but I hope you will not target individuals who just aired their sufferings here....

#34 UPDATE EX-employee responds

GEMINI = BIG FAT SCAM

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

It's a shame that so many individuals are willing to do the dirty job for this SCAM company. It's a shame they claim to be an American company and they are a disgrace to American business if they really are Americans. Tiffany no offence but just by looking at what you have contributed here, I don't think you are smart at all.

I agree with journalist that Gemini has many idlers opening accounts and posting here. I have a very simple way to prove that Gemini is just a group of good for nothing individuals who are experts in the con game. Look at their website and see there is no proper listing of their location and no direct way of communicating to them. Genuine companies have office locations and sometimes even maps (real ones not like Gemini's). Do they have a genuine telephone number that we can call, or a location that we can go to and confront them? The answer is easy. THEY DON'T! All they have are emails listed on freelancing sites and on their website.

Even the Better Business Bureau in Florida could not locate them for contact. Take a look at this

Business Name: Gemini C Group Inc

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau about your
dispute. We have attempted to contact the company at the following
address:
Gemini C Group Inc
PO Box 961
Lutz, FL
33548-0961

We regret to inform you the mail we sent to the
business was returned as UNDELIVERABLE or they are no longer in
business.

If you can provide a current mailing address for
the company we will be happy to try to assist you again.

So it is clear to any sane person that they are a briefcase scam of a company. I expect a dozen feedbacks on this from paid idlers to defend them, but then again provide their full information if you can (full office address, working telephone number and contact person). They have nothing to hide from do they?? Please Note it's very easy to find out if you give wrong information so it's time you all retire from defending GEMIN folks.

#35 General Comment

Beating a dead horse here

AUTHOR: D.Laws - (United States of America)

Wow that was dumb. Or maybe because people that opt for notices from this site get them until they remember how to opt out - so it's kind of like - unavoidable?

This thread is like beating a dead horse into a mushroom...

Kiss and make up kids.

#36 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Online reputation management

AUTHOR: Journalist - (USA)

As soon as negative comment is made this site is bombarded with positive reviewers... Odd isnt it? They are obviously doing their job... as online reputation management contractors!

#37 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Can stand for it also me

AUTHOR: Raj - (Bangladesh)

Absolutely good one pointing out this marks &achil. I am agree with michel and ahille it is quite an obvious act when the same person quotes themselfexpand on experience i see this post only when we 1/3 our way in our research project i hold my breath i ask for upfront they refuse i say okay and i still hold

my breath, in end they send us the money and i never even mention them this report from this authoer making it seem like others are on its leash when its not case for clearly. They pay us all the money and bonus us $50 total amount came to $550 for copy and paste many data onto goog docs. Big smile on my face then it was a big project for us because here that is a lot of money it work out fine. It was a big risk on my part and my team and collegue they asked me to just forget the project but I said let's try and my good friend  support me and we cam out right. It was a bad risk but thank the almighty it came out just fine like was promised.In my pattern from reading it is the deadline that is major component here if you miss it then i dont even want to imagine because after i seeing this i make sure we stay up all night to finish and i say this finish with good luck friends maybe i see you on elance chat there tooI can stand up for this company to

#38 General Comment

Response - Edging with Gemini here

AUTHOR: Torrence Marks - (United States of America)

Yeah that's what I'm saying so you can compare the writing style even better. Definitely the same person making the same mistakes. Hella shady..

#39 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Response to #106 & #110 being same author

AUTHOR: Achilles - (United States of America)

If you look closely at #110, you will notice that Journalist is quoting Jean - so, of course they have similar writing styles.

#40 General Comment

Edging with Gemini here

AUTHOR: Torrence Marks - (United States of America)

Gonna have to take the plunge and say I'm also with the company here.

Came across this post from a buddy of mine that's worked with them. Remained cautious at first..ended up landing a quick $250 writing job with them...got paid well + a $15 bonus...not shabby..

Fact that any of the posts claiming they're not the real deal have dozens of negative marks says a lot as well. Post 110 and 106 have the same tone and writing style too so I think a lot of people are right here there is definitely someone posing with multiple accounts.

#41 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Totally agree with Jean!

AUTHOR: Journalist - (USA)

Quick Google search reveals quite a lot of UNHAPPY ex-employees...

And as Jean mentions "You only need to look at the number of so called positive feedback
against the negative to know that they are doing everything to look
good. Most of the feedback is positive and very lengthy trying to prove
gemini's great deeds. Why would many busy people write an entire pages
praising Gemini? It is clear for any bright person that gemini has
multiple accounts here or they are paying small money to idlers to post
positive feedback."

Jean hits the nail with with regards to positive comments here. Do yourself a favor and search, and you'll find full story of this company!

#42 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tiffany! you rock!

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Lol Tiffany you go girl!!!

#43 UPDATE EX-employee responds

gemini good as i notice it

AUTHOR: A Rashid - (India)

This person make me laugh so much you no it hhkhekhehekhe

am i same as all these people and why am i to hate this company pay me and my wife so many time in past??

karma is you way my pal find another compnay because they do not like you obviosly

i see some use conspiracy theory i like this .. this is a good one hkehkehekhe some laugh it give

good dayy

#44 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Oh Puh-Leez - Still A Very Good Company For Me

AUTHOR: Tiffany Hill (Eccentric Services) - (United States of America)

Oh Puh-Leez get over yourself. You make the 911 conspiracy camp look soft! What an EGO!

You're basically suggesting that anyone that supports this company is not "bright." I've done two (as in dos) projects with them and never had an issue with them. My projects involved gut renching statistical analysis on five different derivative types in a limited resource setting. So Puh - Leez don't berate or pull that. Multiple authors on here have pointed out the obvious, they have shown on multiple ocassions the same person (probably you) posting under multiple aliases. They've even caught this individual posing as Yvette pretending to be her with one of the aliases from the philippines.

Maybe you should think twice about yourself and the quality of your work before you go and bid on projects with companies. And if you need to go down so low to claim that anyone in favor of this company is being "paid" for and use "reverse psychology" then you need to see a doctor or a psychologist.

Maybe you should come to the realization that people are in fact thankful for this company because of the projects they have offered in a really bad economy? Maybe you should come to the realization that people are thankful this company even bonuses? Maybe you should come to the realization that this company goes as far to communicate with freelancers on a regular basis on projects? Maybe you should come to the realization that the majority of freelancers this company contracts with have a favorable rating of them? Maybe you should come to the realization that people in support of this company are here because they are here out of their free will and admiration? Maybe you should come to the realization that people supporting this company has the exact opposite impact that you probably wish. This was a good point that someone above wrote that I would also pick up on. Maybe you should simply admit that life doesn't work out the way you want it to sometimes? Maybe coincidences do in fact happen? Maybe you should man up? Maybe you shold work a contractor agency? Does us wonders!

I think the more you try to spread lies the more people that know this company for what it really is will come to it's support. I think that's just human nature to be honest about it.

Begging? I don't know about that but I can see how someone could see that. If you are in fact the same poster as the author which wouldn't surprise me then it kinda looks that way.

#45 UPDATE EX-employee responds

GEMINI SCAM

AUTHOR: Jean - (Kenya)

Someone here said that am begging this company for money?? Please speak of things you know. This is not begging and I do not expect to be paid any more because I already know what Gemini is doing. This is to help future people know that they can never trust this company.

You only need to look at the number of so called positive feedback against the negative to know that they are doing everything to look good. Most of the feedback is positive and very lengthy trying to prove gemini's great deeds. Why would many busy people write an entire pages praising Gemini? It is clear for any bright person that gemini has multiple accounts here or they are paying small money to idlers to post positive feedback.

I did a great job with weekly reports and have emails from the company telling me my work was great. What coincidence that Yvette dies when the scheduling for my pay is set?? and why would it be hard for the new manager to follow up on payment? (she has access to Yvettes email). No matter how many people they get to clear their name they should know it's already messed up and their deeds are sure to catch up someday. For the guys doing the good posts here, I hope you ask for the money in advance.

#46 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Always loyal to Gemini

AUTHOR: Alberto M (Pinoy Services World) - (Philippines)

What a disgust to see some people on here make fun of a dead old woman. What a shame as we say mapariwara ang puri!!!

This journal is a shame for if you do not take on the opposite side of story then no one will take you seriously. Only the coward acts in this way in life.

Repeating contractor here with no issue whatsoever

AUTHOR: Schuhmacher - (Germany)

I am a repeating contractor with this company and I have to say I have never had a moment of issue with the firm. I have been contracted since October of last year as a financial analyst. Payment has been good and on time.

I am also able to say that Mayflower did pass because this was briefly mentioned by my supervisor in our web conference some time ago. Now I know who she is. I have never met her so I can't say much. All that can be said is that I hope she rests in peace if it is so. I read something, if someone wants to go out against her or this company it is their right but surely there must be better things to preoccupy oneself. I am based in Germany and my supervisor with them is also German too, no problem in anything with the firm. Straight forward vertical analysis that's all I do.

#48 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No way honey - tough luck [You got to be part of the cool crowd]

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Sorry hun there's a couple of qualifications for this: 1) You have to speak bad about the company even if you're more than likely the person doing the wrong doing.

2) You have to exagerate your "situation" as much as possible

3) You have to be able to pose as multiple people while pretending you're not the same person *AUTHOR - cough - cough - AUTHOR - cough - cough*

4) You have to speak as if you know what you're talking about as far as gemini's work procedures when in reality you sound like a four year old walking into a room full of professors

5) You have to have the ability to ouright lie, threaten, and fabricate. Seems to me the author has no trouble doing this. A scammer calling genuine good hearted people scammers, now that is irony.

6) You have to have the insane ability to mock dead people who can't even defend themselves (as if Yvetter ever cared anyways) while some how being able to sleep at night. Only God knows..

7) Last but not least - Have to have the ability to completely ignore everyone around you so you don't get to hear anything that contradicts your EGO. I always imagine a 6 year old stuffing his or her index finger in the ears.

If you don't have any of those then I'm sorry to say the hot shot journalist may not want to hear lickity splick from you. Gotta be on their side before they'll hear your side of the story. And I hear I am thinking journalists were supposed to be fair and unbiased. What a cheap shot!

Maybe you should resubmit your application at another time - Sorry if I dissapointed you though!

#49 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Do I get to be contacted too?

AUTHOR: K Morris - (United States of America)

The first project we landed with Gemini was earlier this year in January and finished it a day ahead of schedule. For that we got bonused as they saw our work almost flawless. We then landed another project with them in mid March and are just about done with it. I've noticed and can reiterate as other have said on here that DEADLINES are  HUGE thing for them. One day we missed our check in and we got a warning first thing in the morning on the next day - lesson learned: play it their way or don't bother working for them. Long story short on this second project - we turned in our next check in a day earlier and it was all smiles for them. These people are reasonable without a doubt. I've found as long as you commit to the DEADLINES they have you won't have any problems with them. This past Thursday they sent us 15% of the project fee because of our adaptability skills and we appreciated that a lot. We still have about one more week into our project and based on our first experience I am anticipating another great conclusion with them. This is without a doubt one of our favorite employers.

I also outsource some of the work I commit to employers to countries like the Philippines and Thailand and I do share some of the frustrations that some of the employers posting on here have mentioned. My piece of advise - choose your staff more carefully then you choose who to do your hair lol!

Also - I can't seem to wrap my mind around the jokes being thrown out about Yvette's passing away I:E - see the discussion about Yvette's death above. The more I read the negative posts the more convinced I am we are dealing with one person here or a few people posing as multiple individuals. How can anyone be so heartless it just amazes me in this day and age after all the things we as a species have gone through up to this point. I can confirm that she is no longer working there because we got whisked away with another supervisor on our project - no problems here.

To the so called journalist - Do I get to be contacted as well? I happen to like this company - I hope that doesn't disqualify me ;(

It's too beautiful outside [I love spring!] to get so rilled up I would just learn and move onto another employer. I've pretty much concluded that based on my experience and the number of negative reps given to the author - says it all. This is your run in the mill KFC rant  [Why weren't my hot wings hotter!? lol]

#50 General Comment

Journalist my bloody a*s

AUTHOR: Dave Gerard - (United Kingdom)

For an "American journalist" you have some of the most horrific English grammar skills I've ever seen. I don't think the pen and paper is for you lad.

#51 General Comment

Journalist my bloody a*s

AUTHOR: Dave Gerard - (United Kingdom)

For an "American journalist" you have some of the most horrific grammar skills I've ever seen. I don't think the pen and paper is for you lad.

#52 General Comment

Author do the world the favor

AUTHOR: J Williams (Real Estate) - (United States of America)

Be sure to also write about the view point of employers getting ripped off by freelancers as well!

Sorry just had to drop in and say that ^_^

Folks have no idea how many times freelancers will drop a project, go quiet, make excuses, delays things, give you bad quality work, you name it. I could put a spin on a jerry bon and you couldn't tell me that freelancers are angels. But it seems the folks on here complaining are probably those freelancers that I just absolutely hate to deal with. Kinda makes me feel good that an employer stood strong - I should do that more often.

I'll be on the look out for you lazies! If you see any employers projects related to real estate stay away oh do stay away ^_^

#53 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They proved how great they were to me countless times

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Looks like the author is at it again. It amazes me how many times this person revisits the same thread, well at least I've got something to do while hubby picks up the evening take out :P

Seriously, anyone can fabricate anything. You can write whatever you want but a majority on here know otherwise. I've dealt with this company countless times and they have proved to me their good will. Every large company gets some flack and this one is no different. They have hundreds of contractors working for them so you're going to have to expect that someone is going to complain, who doesn't complain about something in this modern day and age really?

Just don't forget to interview the majority of contractors on here who have said a lot of great things about this company either. You can forge and manipulate anything these days, the emails sent to you, the letters, your phone calls w/e, I think everyone knows this.

The reality is your report probably lacked any substance or quality OR as others have mentioned you were well outside the intended deadline. Don't get into a hissy fit just because you didn't do what you were supposed to do, if they decided to not work with you then that's their right.

And how on earth did you know that it was one person with two different writing styles, you would think the exact opposite in something like that. Give them a call and you'll find tons of people there, busy office noise and all that. Obviously you've got to be Janis/Author/ and all the other repeats on here. I could easily say the same thing about you, and honestly I think just that. Take some medications and then write about that - that would probably be more entertaining. Everyone has already read everything there is on the corporate world.

I have no idea what's going on with Yvette but if she's passed away that's sad to hear :(

If someone is claiming she died on a certain date and someone else is saying she was unavailable (see posted above) then those are two totally different things, incapacitation and death are two completely things. If you're THAT quick to judge then I feel sorry for you because either you're the same author at it again or you're just another bitter soul in a already troubled world (no offense - you just come across that way).

#54 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Yvette live and well?!

AUTHOR: Journalist - (USA)

Well it looks like I have been emailing with a deceased person for the last couple of months as Yvette has been live and well replying to all my emails about paying me for the project! (see email sent to other contractor saying Yvette passed away January 27). I have received emails from Yvette on regular basis after January 27!

When my payment was due and I then received email from Rebecca that Yvette is unwell and no longer working and this will (again) delay the payment. As if they are even going to pay me. This is unbelievable story that they have come up with and the amount of time it takes them to do this makes me wonder what they really win by doing this.

I was contacted by them via Odesk and hired to do a report for them. Alarm bells should have gone off when the preliminary analysis I received from them was really poor, emails with totally different writing styles from one person, emails disappearing etc.

I may not been paid by them but looks like there is story here and will get my pay other way. I am a journalist and will write an article on scam on freelancers. I have all the proof I need to write the story and will be contacting other freelancers who have dealt with Gemini C.

#55 General Comment

One of the few companies I actually had a lot of success with

AUTHOR: Johana D - (United States of America)

I haven't had much luck getting jobs on these freelance sites as I figured my rates aren't low enough. Suffice to say I've never had a problem with this company either. Most of the people outside of my league are bidding on rates not sustainable at where I live. However I have a strong feeling that for $2 per hour, some of them actually do really good work based on reviews that they get. These sites are not really where you want to get work from if you want to earn a decent living wage and not work for practically free. I'd rather spend my time marketing and networking than writing bids for these jobs. There are exceptions of course like gemini but that's because I got a decent wage. Never landed another job since 08 with them again, maybe I was too expensive!

As far as oDesk is concerned I don't much rather like that site myself and I don't think they are all that much professional. I recently submitted a bid for a VA position on oDesk, I was a little hesitant but figured what the heck, it sounded pretty interesting. Last week I received a response from oDesk advising me that my bid was declined, oh well. But then I received a response from the job poster letting me know that they really liked my CV but that my hourly bid was to high, I bid it at $20 hr. As I looked at similar postings on oDesk it seems that the hourly rates being submitted are extremely low, somewhere like $2-3 hr. Who are these people looking to hire? I don't think oDesk is for me, and as I've noticed the other Freelance sites are similar, I'm staying away from them as well. That's my rant for the day.

#56 UPDATE EX-employee responds

GET A JOB and stop begging this company

AUTHOR: Alberto M (Pinoy Services World) - (Philippines)

Wow it amazes me in this day and age what people expect from a dead person. I wasn't even aware she died - sorry to hear of this. Begging for money since January? Either you messed uptime or you didn't follow through with any corrections or procedures they had. I've been in the waiting line on one ocassion with them but I sucked up and acted like an adult because I knew I was wrong. If a company sacrifices their time to wait on me when I am having an issue with my project then I can only be so greatful they still wanted to do business with me. I have been blessed with this company and appreciate them. But to talk behind the back of a dead woman I am sorry but I can not respect it.

Blessed day

#57 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good review for this company [Gemini was good pair for us]

AUTHOR: Akal - (South Africa)

I am sorry but I have to disagree with this beckoning. As an Afrikaan I think I know very well what is a scam and what is not we have it here all the time in South Africa. I have worked with this company twice and one time with a team to search for specific listings on the web. At the end of the day we did get pay. I have heard these few stories and I think the reality is that some people wish to have their way with this company. Sometimes as a freelancer we have an informal way of approaching things and we can get carried away in this mindset with organized companies like this one. I have caught myself doing this a number of times but when I remember that these are companies abroad in a different culture and setting I have to put the temperature on myself down.

The experience varies as it seems but most people as I have read and heard have a good deal with this company. It was not clear how this procedure was handled exactly so maybe it was not followed through but I am not there so how can I speak on this? All I can say is whenever I patiently worked with this company they worked with me. I have been paid by them each time, unfortunately no bonus as I have seen some claim but I have been paid with no problem.

I also have a concern about ODESK I have an account there too but I do not find them to be professional actually many times they have many problems. Their site is slow and loads bad for me. I have also found many scammers on this site too. I did not work with Gemini through there and did not know they even had an account there. But if they did get remove I do not believe it to be the claim as you say because their actions have proved to me otherwise. I am sorry brother if you had a hard time but life is sometimes like this. We like one political party you like the other it is how things are in my country and I know all countries it is no different with the big company around world.

Mag God jou sen to all

A

#58 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini C is a SCAM

AUTHOR: Jean - (Kenya)

I interviewed and landed a contract with Gemini C group on the freelancing platform odesk.com like 6 month ago. The contract was worth USD 2000 FIXED CONTRACT. Odesk is a very professional website and allows employers to post hourly and fixed rate jobs. They guarantee payment on hourly jobs and leave the contractors to make decisions while accepting fixed rate jobs. They have a good feedback system which allows you to rate an employer and this together with the agreement you make with an employer, helps you decide.

Gemini did their homework pretty well and had good feedback from like 6 contractors. I accepted to work with them based on the professionalism they displayed while contacting me, their feedback and also payment agreement which was to be 50% for half the work completed and 50% after completion. Yvette Mayflower who was the Associate Manager at Gemini C demanded reports on a weekly basis which I delivered. She had no complaints about my work and would write back to tell me to continue after every report.

Trouble started when they got suspended from odesk (They were supposed to pay through odesk). They emailed me telling me they would fix the issue, which they did but only to be suspended again the same week (This was as a result of multiple complaints by other contractors.). Since I was almost halfway through with the project and had documents as proof of project terms and email exchange with Yvette, I decided to continue working with them after Yvette managed to convince me that they were innocent and they would pay me via paypal or direct bank transfer (She had close to half the total job submitted, so asking me to continue means she was happy with the job).  I continued and with very many convincing emails, I completed the job without being paid a single cent. Yvette asked me to wait for the review team to finish checking on my reports and after a long wait, she on January 2012 scheduled my payment for 28th March. I did not understand this as I had already submitted the complete job by December and the review team had no issues with it. Before the payment date, I got an email from one Rebecca from the same company early march after I wrote to remind them of payment. The email read as follows.

Dear Sir,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Rebecca and I'm the new associate manager replacing
Mrs. Mayflower. I regret to inform you that on January 27 Mrs. Mayflower died of
a heart attack at the very ripe old age of 80+.

I will be
coordinating your work from this point on. I have not actually had an
opportunity to follow up with it because the transitional period is really
immense but if you could help me get up to speed by sending in your latest notes
or what exactly is the situation here I would really appreciate
that.

Thanks!
Rebecca
Livingstone
Associate Manager
rebecca@geminicgroup.com

I did not believe this story and was shocked that they would go this far just to get away with payment, but I went along with it and sent an email explaining my contract with them. She clearly had access to Yvettes email and so she could pull out all communication and reports on the contract easily from that. She has since written a couple of emails asking me to send this and that  to prove I did the Job. On my last email to her, I told her I was not willing to waste any more time with them because to me, this is a clear ripoff. This report is just for anyone else out there who may fall prey to Yvette Mayflower, Rebecca or whatever other name she or he may choose to use. On odesk they may have tried using another name (T G Group (National) but it didn't work. It is sad that they have chosen to take advantage of other peoples hard work and time for their own selfish need.

#59 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Nothing less than a pleasure for us (We love this company)

AUTHOR: JK Services - (Thailand)

Okay so we just also finished a project with this firm. This was only 5 days long but the pay off was great. We never had one quarrel with this firm. They were only very strict but this wasn't a problem too much since they have a fair procedure in everything. Everything is step by step and clear so we never had an issue. This company definitely proved itself to us more than we had expected in reality. Hoping to work with them again.

#60 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Experience was very good with them. No quarrel here as well.

AUTHOR: K Morris - (United States of America)

Our project just finished and we got paid on time with a little bit of a bonus

Never had an inkling to suspect them of anything, communication was great, everything was good. We finished our project two days ahead of schedule and they sent us a little bonus.

I think ever sizable company gets some flak now and then, no matter how good they are.

Hope we can get some other projects with Gemini down the road...

#61 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Always paid on time. Reply to Price a deciding factor?

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Tina - Well what gripes me is the number of people who think that just doing a purchase on one of these sites means they're going to get what they thought they asked for with no real effort... like being available overnight to work with someone on the other side of the planet when the spec wasn't clear enough (or even if it was, but interpretation is everything, so it's not enough to write down what you

want). This is a project, you are choosing to be the project manager, and  that takes work.

I guess what gripes me is the number of freelancers who think they can just go out there and get lots of jobs when they're competing against an entire planet of other people trying for the same job (instead of just competing against a smaller number of people in their local area).

What gripes me is the writers on these boards who claim they understand everything you requested and then get to a point in the project and ask a Yes/No question... and the answer to that question always involves increasing the project's scope and cost regardless of the answer! Yes costs more. No costs more. It's almost certain that the troll on this forum in particular was one of these. What in the name of?? It's hard to hunt for the diamonds amongst the rocks but clearly the company has found a lot of them, the people on here are a testimony to that.

#62 UPDATE EX-employee responds

contractor not paid by Yvette Mayflower

AUTHOR: cristina - (Philippines)

It has been 2months and 1week since I finished my contract with Yvette Mayflower - but up to this very moment - this very evil woman has still not paid a single penny to the hard core labor that I have undergone just to finish that project with Gemini C Group Inc. - under Yvette Mayflower's supervision - with a total worth of $1,050.00

It cannot be true to these persons claiming that they have transactions and have been paid by Yvette Mayflower. Yvette Mayflower has been suspended by oDesk since November up to this very day. So how can an Yvette Mayflower transact with you when she is indeed very much and actively suspended by oDesk? Be truthful guys - don't be such like robots following commands from an evil person in the name of Yvete Mayflower!!!

#63 UPDATE EX-employee responds

We loved this company as well

AUTHOR: Alberto M (Pinoy Services World) - (Philippines)

Hi hailing from the Philippines here also. We finished a project with this company almost two months ago but it was a late finish. We had to also report directly to Mrs. Mayflower who I found to be a really nice person. She is very straight forward and has a strict edge to her so I can see how some feathers can be ruffled. But in our experience all you need to do is just follow what she says and the instructions given and it's a smooth sail. I actually joked with her a few times as well and overall she reminded me of a school teacher the kind where you can't really fool around but in the moments you are proud they know it and they will joke with you. So not the kind that will be okay with you having a B or C grade she expects A grades alll the time which is what I think every company should expect.

So overall we had no issues and so three Tuesday's ago we received the payment after our funding was scheduled to take place. No problem here too.

thanks and have a blessed weekend to anyone reading

#64 UPDATE EX-employee responds

beloved company

AUTHOR: Jilly Bean - (Philippines)

We just finished our project with this comany.

We are a 5 person team and we were treated with so much respect and warmth from mrs mayflower. This person who posted this report must have done something not within procedure for this kind of bad happening to happen. It took us 2 months for our project to finish and it went well they even give us a bonus like many of the people on here said as well.

I think that procedure is a big thing for them because whenever we lacked a certain week she always reminded us so if you lack consistent then you probably became a bad radar on their screen.

I don't know what to say but I really like this company and they have reserved us for another project in June. Godbless and happy new years to all! Pagpalain mo kayo ng poong maykapal!

Mickey D's loving this company

AUTHOR: mr r (happy happy poo poo ding ding) - (USA)

lol..the author at it again!

holy shilling it's like finding waldo!

might want to think about getting some real work and not underperforming next time - yeah?

snooozzeeee

contractor not paid by Yvette Mayflower

AUTHOR: cristina - (Philippines)

This is Cristina ... It has been 2months and 13days since I had finished the project with Yvette Mayflower. PAY ME MY $900.00 fixed contract fee and the $ 150.00 bonus. I have spent my Birthday and Christmas with nothing. PAY ME NOW YVETTE MAYFLOWER... I will go on with this message until you pay me.    PAY ME NOW YVETTE MAYFLOWER...

Wow!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

That's still some HEAVY SHILLING!

Better reissue the alert!

#68 General Comment

Price a deciding factor? Freelancing can be a challenge

AUTHOR: Tina A - (Ireland)

I've never worked with this company but based on posts and here and doing my research online they seem like a reasonable and sound firm

I've used Elance (never again! golly) and researched other similar websites, all as a freelancer looking for work.

I'd say the biggest change I'd make if I was running one of those services, is make it so that no one bidding on a job can give a price quote. Price should not be the deciding factor for who gets the job, and there should never be a quote given until freelancer and client have had extensive, detailed, one-on-one communication, which it seems like this company actually does.

When a client lists a job, maybe they can give a price range so freelancers know whether or not the client is in their ballpark, but freelancers should not be selected based on dollar figures so why even have them shown. The problem is of course suggesting this to the owners of these freelance sites and then actually getting them enforced.

If there was some way to enforce, after the freelancer selection, that the client and freelancer have an accurate scope of work agreement (again, before any quote is given!) that would be good too. Although I could be wrong it seems like this company does that too, and without anyone telling them to do it. Only after the scope is agreed upon, should any price be given (and obviously the client should have the option of backing out at that point in case the price is way off or something).

#69 General Comment

1 = 2 ? Author fails

AUTHOR: Jim D - (United States of America)

Quote:

"defending this company in exchange of small fee.."

payring people? now you've hit an all time low. Do you have a script you just get this stuff off?

Quote:

"I dare you to check my IP address and his IP address if it the same.."

Yes because we can actually do that /sarcasm\

Quote:

"I tell you God is watching and knows who tells the truth or not"

Yes because an invisible sky fairy watches your every move and tells you when and when you can't go to the dinner table.

Quote:

"There will be victims who will come out soon...."

This is troll talk for = "Myself posing as multiple accounts"

----

Troll education 101 people, look it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

#70 General Comment

Got to love the hypocrisy of some people (I like Gemini - there said it)

AUTHOR: observer qualke 87k - (Israel)

All good points above...

But I particularly like how this "freelancer or achilles or whoever" turns a blind eye to all the people coming out straight up disagreeing with him/her/whatever.

Try to be objective maybe?

I've done my due dilligence. Good company, nothing to see move on - there I said it.

Here freelancer - wear this (Merry Xmas)  :)

#71 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Re:

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

That's easy for you to say when there is absolutely no way to verify this.

You and on your other accounts keep claiming that anyone defending this company is being hired to do that. That is the most childish remark I've ever heard!

The only victims I see on here are you and maybe at best (what's his name up top sumed it up really well when he said there were probably only 2 people our of all the posters here that were authentic complainers) two or three others complaining about this company. Each time you post you keep making the same grammar mistakes and fabricate the same drama as if it's the end of the world. The pattern is the same and everyone on here including the people reading this for entertainment get it.

I'd take you up on your offer but unfortunately hiding behind unrealistic certainties is your way of hiding behind lies and deceit. It's obvious you're someone from a poor country (and I do feel sorry for you) because I've never seen anyone cling onto something like flies on (fill in the blank).

Sorry but I won't be taken for a fool. I know it, you know it, and the other person posing as multiple people (who fortunately has better grammar then you do) knows it.

That's the truth.

To Jen: Mckarthy

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

Me and Achilles are not same person... I dare you to check my IP address and his IP address if it the same. I don't need to use other fake account like what Yvette Mayflower do to this thread, hiring lots of people to repair their company image but I tell you God is watching and knows who tells the truth or not. I know lots of people will come out and share the kind of terrible story they had with this company.

I hope all those fake guys here will discontinue defending this company in exchange of small fee...

There will be victims who will come out soon....

#73 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Tiffany Hill (Eccentric Services) - (United States of America)

Okay wow me and my husband just finished a 4 month project with this company and from start to end it was nothing but a professional and well collaborated experience. I can't recall any time there was a problem with them.

I was looking at some of their hiring rates for long term or seasonal employees at Indeed when I stumbled across this post. Most people here think the same thing and I wouldn't be surprised if the original complaint is actually doing the exact opposite that the writer intended with all the people on here sticking up for this company.

I'm a pretty much down to earth gal and I rarely associate with anyone or any organization that has a tinge of fakeness tthem. Speaking with the interviewer and eventually working with our project manager I never got any of these kinds of vibes. I'll have to stick to my guns on this one. If anyone has a problem with this company then it's probably YOU that's the problem and not them.

I also wanted to chime in on some of the comments I saw about freelancing. I was surprised so many people actually did it. Why not just work through an agency so you're all set. Better yet use more than one agency, that's what me and my hubby did, which landed us the project we just finished. Agencies keep a small amount but it's worth the hastle because they do all the ground work for you. Every country out there has multiple agencies - check your local agencies out.

Update -

To the person above I'm sorry but that's just incorrect. Their presence is everywhere. The agency that connected me with them did it through monster.com. I've also seen them on elance, freelancer, and also a lot others. I doubt you got the facts straight. You could be hyping but why even bother, it's friggin almost the new years.

#74 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Reply, I agree with Freelancer (Two thumbs up for Gemini)

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Conspiracy theorists everywhere these days!

Achilles (aka thread author?)

Well I doubt those were her original words but even if they were it's obvious you knew their policy going in. It's outright nerve wracking how you or the person you claim to be "paraphrasing" would stick with them knowing that. They had the decency to tell you their policy and you're making it out like they didn't.

And the last time I checked their site is still up as it always has been. Unless they get bought out by another company I don't see why it wouldn't. I sincerely doubt the litigation fear mongering you're trying to spread. The more I read your reports the more convinced I am that this company probably wasn't the low caliber you were hoping to get a cheap shot check from. That and how obvious it is you're posing as multiple people on here.

God save you...

#75 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree with Freelancer

AUTHOR: Achilles - (United States of America)

Freelancer - I suppose that I am still "under contract" with Gemini-C, TG Group, Product Testing Group, or whatever they are calling themselves these days. As a freelance contractor with oDesk, I worked with Gemini-C for several months - no payment. I stopped working once I realized that their phony "permanent management" position that I was being considered for once my "current project" was successfully completed was a scam within the scam. I am not sure which sight you contracted through for your contract with Gemini (aka TG Group, Product Testing Group), but oDesk suspended all contracts with this group several months ago because of their shady business practices. Their attempts to circumvent paying contractors through oDesk boils down to this -  as Yvette Mayflower said to one oDesk contractor (paraphrased): "Since your contract is a fixed price contract, you were never guaranteed payment from the start."

She basically revealed the company's intent - to hire honest, hard working freelancers with fixed price contracts that cannot be tracked by oDesk. From what I understand, in speaking with my attorney, should this group use any of your work product, without full payment - they are committing copyright infringement. This is a serious offense - and you retain copyrights to all work produced by you until the group complies with the payment terms of the original contract (not the fictitious expanded task list as Ms. Mayflower and her co-workers are prone to do). When a contract's requirements are changed after the start of the contract, that is called a change order - and the contractor is entitled to additional compensation.

Fortunately, I stopped working with Gemini group before I lost too much time or money. Now if oDesk will only let me cancel my contract! When a company is suspended within this particular site, the contractors cannot cancel contracts - soon enough.

Good luck, Freelancer. My advice - just take this as a lesson learned and leave it to God. This group has so many other contractors suing for unpaid contracts that they are reorganizing virtually once a month to avoid detection through other sites.

#76 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Finished a gig with them - Not a single problem (Agreed Very Good Company)

AUTHOR: Tiffany Hill (Eccentric Services) - (United States of America)

Okay wow me and my husband just finished a 4 month project with this company and from start to end it was nothing but a professional and well collaborated experience. I can't recall any time there was a problem with them.

I'm a pretty much down to earth gal and I rarely associate with anyone or any organization that has a tinge of fakeness to them. Speaking with the interviewer and eventually working with our project manager I never got any of these kinds of vibes. I'll have to stick to my guns on this one. If anyone has a problem with this company then it's probably YOU that's the problem and not them.

#77 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tried working with them, everything worked out great

AUTHOR: Michael Lee (London) - (United Kingdom)

My experience:

I started working with this company almost a month ago. I did pick up this thread half way through my work and was concerned that they may not meet the agreement since there were a few complaints on here. Payment was slightly later than I had expected. Apparently there was a review of my work that was a little longer than I had originally thought. Eventually they came through as promised and that was quite a relieve after hearing some of the stories here. Right now I feel that this is a site where people can post anonymously and I think one or two people who had bad dealings with gemini is posting as multiple characters as well.

The fact that a 2 year old (theoretically) could come on this site and bash toys R us if they wanted to doesn't really put much credibility to this site. I wasn't surprised to find in some research that some people are using this site to purposely play victim.

#78 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good business

AUTHOR: Kammy H - (Thailand)

I must also agree with everyone that this is a good business. I worked for them in 2008 and never had a problem. If there are issues it's probably because of error in communication. This was one of my favorite companies to work for in 2008.

Respond to All Victim's of Yvette Mayflower

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

Thanks to Virtually Marj, Janis, Achilles,Coffeebabe, Cristina who supported my allegations with this company. I stop responding to this report since I want all other victims to come out. I know they hired lots of contractors in odesk in fixed terms and I am 100% sure that most of them have same problem with me, when I started working with them I've got a lot of chat from Philippines, India and vietnam who ask me if I am being paid as they did not receive any payment from them after complete project.  I hope there will still a lot of them to come out, this is why I bravely started the thread even I know lots of fake accounts will come up just to clean their bad feedback and lots of them will go against me but I want that other freelancers will not experience same us with me.

Yvette I know you are reading all our messages hoping you better stop working with freelancers, I know God is watching you you will be dying painfully and for sure your conscience will keep hunting you as you clearly know what really happens.

For those who keep on attacking us and even too personal comments to the extent even the grammar is being checked, clearly shows that you just want to be little us the victims.

To those who are lucky enough being paid then I am happy for you, just don't question our capability why we are not paid and think that it's our fault since you don't know how devastated we are to have this kind of employer online.

I know to those upcoming investors with this company will have a second thought on investing them as they treated virtual employees badly.

Now All Other Victims ARe Starting To Come Out

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

Thanks Cristina, for coming out I am more ripoff since Yvette Mayflower owe me $ 2,400...and when I am 90% of the project she end my contract and then odesk has no any control over it as well....

I hope those Indian guys who told me before about their complain should come out and tell everyone about their unpaid hard work....

I hope everyone here would understand us that we are the victim here, no matter how good they are with others but still they are SCAMMER awarding projects without payment

pay my service fee ($900.00) and bonus ($150.00) me to Yvette Mayflower

4:26pm (less than a minute ago)

Today is the 39th day or 1 month and 9 days of my waiting with regards to your payment of $1,050.00.

PAY ME THE $1,050.00 NOW YVETTE !!!!

#82 General Comment

AUTHOR: kdays012 - (United States of America)

I have grabbed some work from getafreelancer and odesk in the past. I too was tired of writing articles for $5 when i am used to $10 or $15. These sites are mostly good for countries who can live off $2 American an hour.

What actually disgusts me is the North American who want other Americans to work for that price.

Freelance sites are good if you are just learning the ropes and need to get some experience under your belt and maybe a few testimonials. In that case, I would not recommend odesk for the best place i have worked.

#83 General Comment

AUTHOR: Sam T - (United States of America)

Just your average ripoff reader here. I took the time to research this company that the original author claimed to be indignant. In looking at them they are actually quite the opposite as so many people have pointed out. Only once in a blue moon do you hear so many people standing up for a company as this one has naturally attracted. Count me in on this one too. My son suffered from tubercolosis and thank God he was able to get past it but it took a while. Any company like this one supporting the fight against this illness hits home to me.

Good points about the low wages. However, Jen has a good point about  marketing and connections too. I plan on trying these out as I get closer to my grand opening. But, I am no longer in corporate america because of the this type thing.

My job was outsourced overseas. They now pay someone a day what I made in an hour. It's ludicris.

Sam ~

#84 General Comment

Agreed - Looks like a good company. Virtual assistance does work though

AUTHOR: Virtual Assitant Mom - (United States of America)

When I first started out I actually signed up on Elance, Guru, Odesk and Freelancer. I have had work from all but the most successful was Guru or Elance. I have gained clients from all 4 sites and still to repeat projects for these clients which is what it sounds like many that work with this company Gemini are doing as well. Obviously this company pays well if a number of Americans on here are indicating recurring projects.

On the freelance front - However in recent times there really have been some very, very low priced bids which is  insane. As it is they are all part of marketing as your profile is searchable on search engines.

AUTHOR: cristina - (Philippines)

32 days had passed but YVETTE MAYFLOWER had still NOT PAID ME. Yvette Mayflower - a scammer - a heartless animal who uses the hard labor of innocent person just to make money. What a shame. I cannot imagine an american woman making advantage and using of other people hard earned money. YVETTE MAYFLOWER - you are a SHAME to the American people.

THE BUSH.

LET US GO DIRECTLY TO THE CORE OF OUR ISSUE - YOU OWE ME $ 1,050.00 AND YOU NEED TO PAY ME NOW !!!!

#86 General Comment

Company looks okay to me too. Now, on the subject of freelance sites....

AUTHOR: H Gareth - (United States of America)

I have looked at Elance and odesk. Another friend of mine told me the odesk site is just a bidding war and the lowest bidder usually get the job. She had bidded the job at $5.00 per hour since it was only typing and was outbid by another from a foreign place at $0.80 per hour. I'm not working for these type of wages - it is why I sure as hell won't use Odesk!!! I want to be paid for what value I bring.

#87 General Comment

AUTHOR: tweather - (United States of America)

On the topic of contractor sites basically you want to avoid them and use normal job sites that are geared for a domestic audience. Unless you're setting yourself up to be part of the globalization band wagon don't expect a icing on the top.

#88 General Comment

AUTHOR: tweather - (United States of America)

Checked out this companies site and it's definitely not down so that was a lie. Why would you judge a company before even working for them? Either you are another copy of the author like everyone else has been talking about or you're full of it. I've checked out half a dozen review sites including contractor sites and this company has 5 stars all around. I'm inclined to agree with everyone else here that this is just another Verizon/Walmart rant...

#89 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini C Group is a SCAM

AUTHOR: ruby8484 - (United States of America)

Thankfully, I opted out of my oDesk contract with Gemini C Group and Yvette Mayflower after my contract was suspended and before I did any actual work. My original oDesk contract was valued quite high, I should've thought is was suspicious but was too excited at the potential amount of money I could make. Gemini C Group and Yvette Mayflower are nothing but a gigantic SCAM. In case no one has checked their web-page is no longer operational and their telephone number has been disconnected. This woman is a liar and a fraud...her original excuse after my oDesk contract was suspended was because "they were upgrading their payment methods and amounts." Thankfully, I found this board before I invested any time and effort into my supposed "contract."

#90 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Awesome company

AUTHOR: Megan Wright - (United States of America)

Hey Cristine that's good to know but if I apply what Li said then if I understand things correctly you took 3 months to complete a 2 week project?

I'll be honest if it was me I'd be pissed and I doubt I would even pay you. That's like a student telling a professor who told him a project was due on June 15 to give him an A+ [in this case money] when he sent the work on September 1. I'd consider yourself very lucky to have worked for GC.

#91 UPDATE EX-employee responds

About contractor work sites

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

To the Yvette poser, grow up maybe?

If you want to complain then do it directly to the person you are accusing. I doubt Mayflower even reads this stuff so that's probably in 'your' best interest....

Rhiannon you made a good point on freelance sites. The reason they're aren't friendly to most in the wester hemisphere is because they are competitive. Pretty much as competitive as it gets when you have people from the other side of the planet bidding on a project about 66% less then you are. On the other hand I know companies are benefiting from this greatly. When I post jobs online every so often it's a huge benefit..just wish I was doing it more. You can find some good deals out there but the quality of your work needs to back that up otherwise folks just won't bother when they see a bid that can save their firm a huge amount. That's why I try to keep my relationships indefinitely strong with the opportunities that come way. I've done pretty well so far, including with Gemini.

#92 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Read before you commit - GC Group took the right action.

Re: Fake Yvette

Making demands while pretending to be the same person you are making those demands from is not really a good idea :/

Honestly, I think you sound like a crazy drunkard. I'm not surprised your project with them turned out sour.

Pay me now $ 1,050.00 Yvette Mayflower

AUTHOR: Yvette - (United States of America)

You difinitely need a psychiatric treatment this time.

But before you go to psychiatrist you need to pay me - I NEED THE 1,050.00 payment for my service fee NOW. I do not need your apology - I WANT THE $1,050.00 payment NOW. NO MORE EXCUSES YVETTE - NO MORE RUNNING AROUND
THE BUSH.

#94 General Comment

Company looks okay to me - issue is odesk

AUTHOR: LD (bulldog) - (United Kingdom)

Right I would say the same thing. As a brit you won't find me snooping around odesk. I wasn't shocked to find almost no other brits at their community board. The rates on that site aren't for anyone in the west. If you're competing on that site and you're from the west I'd say you've got some ballocks on you. People per hour and elance are bad enough as it is the last thing anyone should be doing even if they aren't from the west is snooping around odesk. The policies are not in favor of the freelance community so problems are likely to arise over there. I can understand how some people would be frustrated but as I looked over this the company a few people weren't happy with was just following odesk procedure. The only way to play it safe there is to go hourly. On elance or pph at least you can do escrow so that gives you peace of mind if you don't follow up on an hourly gig.

cheers m8s

#95 General Comment

Why I never use odesk - This company did nothing wrong (technically)

AUTHOR: Rhiannon T - (Australia)

This is why as a freelance I never use odesk because it gives too much power to the corporations using them. But it's more than that, as a westerner the rates that some of the people are willing to work for are just way too low for me and out of my league. How can I compete with someone on that site from Bangladesh or Thailand willing to do 1,000 different statistical computations or write a 1,500 word essay for 0.33 AUD/hour? That's insane. Odesk itself is a scam not the companies using it. They setup the policies that allow these kinds of events and low wages to take place. How can someone from a third world country really say they are getting paid any better really?

Lately, I've been transitioning to working more with offline businesses. Ive been doing a lot of research on how to market my services to offline businesses. Ive noticed the possibilities are endless, but in general, you can break up these marketing approaches into two kinds: the traditional, tried-and-true approaches, and the more avant-garde, experimental approaches. You can freelance offline as well but it takes a lot of hard work and more connections but I think in the end it will pay then using scam sites like odesk.

Gemini is good in my book

AUTHOR: Midwest interiors - (United States of America)

As an interior design poll taker working part time for this company the author is a joke! Obviously you did something wrong, look within yourself and at your work or maybe how you communicated and you'll find the reasons that obviously appear blind to you. Right.... so I'm supposed to sympathize after almost 2 years of quarterly checks from this company..... pfffff

#97 General Comment

AUTHOR: Charlie (Candle light) - (United States of America)

Well ain't this an amusing read.

The minority on here complaining about this company are getting some serious anus rashes and it doesn't surprise me one bit. None of you clearly bothered to read the rules at that job site which gives employers full authority nor did any of you adhere to this company's procedure. What makes you think you deserve a free hand out? You think companies are in the business of being food kitchens? You people sound like a bunch of communist free riders.

Some of you are just flat out laughable. Acting all like oh this company ain't registered here or this that and the other. Look up the abbreviations DBA then apply that to a corporation. I never even heard about this company until today and I've already found that it isn't an LLC but a corp, get the record straight. We all know sprite but most people actually don't know it belongs to coca cola. You won't find a sprite corporation unless it's a copycat, it's just a DBA for coca cola, same thing here with this company it's a DBA. I can believe someone on here said they started a corporation but remained confused about this.

This is an honorably company. It is clear what is going on

AUTHOR: A Rashid - (India)

This is a simple matter.

Either some people are rightfully lazy people in the eye of Yvette or some people are not understanding instructions she gives. If anyone have too much problem and struggle then maybe it is karma. No one should be struggling so much with this company as I have never found it to be needed. They have honored every agreement they have made me and my wife.

#99 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The author couldn't go any lower

Post 50:

So anyone that supports the company is actually some fake carbon copy and anyone that doesn't is automatically labelled as existing? Oh please tell that to me in my face.

Making a complaint is one thing but impersonating other people honestly that's another. You should probably go see a psychiatrist if you're willing to go online and sign up multiple accounts pretending to be more than one person. Now you're just being obnoxious. I'd wager all the "real people" you posted are actually YOUR carbon copies.

Better luck next time.

Hilarious (Yvette wanabe)

Lol ^

The person trying to impersonate the oh so evil Yvette!

If you took the time to read you'd notice that one of those people you were asking forgiveness from was actually "praising you" (JConstanza). Might want to read the posts a little better next time before you start impersonating people. Including myself? I've never actually worked for this company lol! It's a dead give away.

Was sitting on the sidelines about the impersonating going on but I'm inclined to believe the OP or someone else is now doing that. Wow ripoffreport is some entertainment alright. Get this <People going so far to impersonate others!>

I doubt she even sounds half as retarded as that...

#101 REBUTTAL Individual responds

yvette asks apology from oDesk contractors

AUTHOR: Yvette - (United States of America)

this is Yvette Mayflower of Gemini C Group Inc.

I am asking for an apology, forgiveness, and patience to those oDesk contractors whom I had not paid.

Yes, I am now suspended in my oDesk Account for I have not paid as well some of the per hour contractors.

I have some problems with my finances - and I do not know if I could still pay these contractors.

I also ask forgiveness for posting some reviews here in ripoof pretending to be different persons who are supposed to be in favor of me (Yvette Mayflower). Dummy Persons like in the names of Ruiz of Gensan, Jen Mckarthy of Desmoines, Laurent Nikke of Tokyo, L Zhao of Macao, Megan Wright of Charlotte, cristina of philippines with updated title (author of 45/47 review), speedgraceful of usa,  and Li Thi Miuh Uyen of Ha mui.

I also ask forgiveness for being a scammer to JConstanza (original author of original report ) Achilles of Upper Black, coffeebabe of Quezon, Jan's Dean, Free Lancer of Cebu City, cristina of Philippines, mr. rik of miami, Virtually Marj of Alpine.  i have not yet paid these guys up to this very moment.

Good experience here as well

AUTHOR: D.Laws - (United States of America)

After reading the majority of posts here I'm fairly certain that the 1 or 2 people having issues with this company were in the same boat as I INITIALLY was. And I do emphasize the word INITIALLY because I have disputed a project with them in the past. But I was really surprised that they actually have a formal dispute process within their organization which was really nice to know. Fast forward two weeks later after back and forth emails I decided to go forward with their process and to be frank it really wasn't that bad at all. The revisions took a week and they got back to me within 5 days at which I still had to do a few more revisions but when I finished that about two days later I got the check in the mail.

I think that a lot of us freelancers tend to panic in freelance jobs because we are always dealing with companies over the internet. If it were face to face I doubt anyone who had problems with them would find themselves in the situation they are now. My experience reiterates the many others, just follow their procedures and you should be okay. They really aren't asking for anything other than what you are responsible for. The reason I initially got concerned and disputed is because I kept worrying instead of doing. And yes for some companies that's fine but for others it's unecessary. I guess the problem is you just don't know and it all depends on experience. Fortunately I can testify that Gemini is an excellent firm...

#103 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good job for Gemini - Spoiled contractors not getting away with it

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Cristina great to hear. See they do have a great process it's just that any of the few that don't want to abide by it are doing that at their own risk. Gemini is a very responsible company with a clear cut way on how projects should be done. Oh how I wish the majority of employers were like that!

As for the person that copied your name don't be surprised this is ripoffreport and it's a pretty informal place so people can get away with all sorts of horrible deeds. Like you said it really just points out the desperation of some of the few on here trying to discredit Mayflower and the company. As if they care..

At Kyle - I didn't mean to do a personal attack and I didn't see it as coming across that way. To be honest I thought I was quite nice compared to some of the direct attacks a few people on here have made on the company.

As for V - Thanks for the advice but I'm good...

my experience with Yvette Mayflower (updated)

Everyone,

I have just noticed this post 46 and I am so SHOCKED.

I do not know who it is but this person does not even write like me or sound anything like me. It is a dead give away that someone who does not like Yvette is out to make me look bad just because I changed my mind earlier. It is so sad that in the world we live in there are people out there doing things like this. My issue is over but obviously this pretender trying to be me still has as issue with Yvette. If someone has to go to such low levels just to lambash good people then I can only surmise that only God can help them. I know myself and yes I would be angry at first as I was in my first post but even if that stayed the same I would only pity those people for God watches everything and judges. Because in the end he will take care of everything. This deceiver is obviously in need of love because whoever it is clearly needs it.

GODBLESS

my experience with Yvette Mayflower

Everyone

OH MY GOD. Yvette Mayflower have gone this far and low this time.

I have just finished opening my email today Nov. 8. I received a letter from Yvette Mayflower - commanding me to ask apology from the comment (#42) I have posted her in ripoff dated November 4. Yvette Mayflower blackmailed me that I won't receive a single penny if I wont make an apology within 24 hours.  I replied her that I have nothing to apologize of since I am telling the truth. I told her that I she pays me - I will tell everyone that I have already been paid.           I do not intend to go back to ripoff again coz it will only hurt me... But something inside me tells me to go back to ripoff. Much to my surprise - I have come to read comment # 45 - dated November 6 - in the name of Cristina - using my title (my experience with Yvette Mayflower) - stating so many things - that I am in panic - and to top it all - that I have been paid already??? Oh my GOD .  Yvette Mayflower knows that I am not making an apology - Yvette Mayflower knows the real truth. Yvette Mayflower did not pay me yet - up to this very moment - November 8 - 11:47 am Philippine time.      I have not used any computer on November 5, November 6, November 7.

my experience with Yvette Mayflower (updated)

Everyone,

This is just an update on my situation. Unfortunately I spoke too soon and panicked when I wrote my previous message on November 4. I later found out that most of my work was up to their standards and mam Yvette released $700 of the $900 owed to me. I still have a few corrections to make for her but I am so relieved right now. The reason I panicked was because I was taking some of the complainers on here a little too seriously when I should have just patiently waited as suggested. Another thing - she sent me the payment on November 1 which was before I made my complaint a few days ago which reinforced my confidence in her again. But I found out only today that it takes one week for oDesk to deliver me payment. If I knew this before I would not have panicked. The money is in my account but it still says pending on the bank statement. I called my bank and they said it will clear by Monday. I am now relieved! Thank the Lord, I couldn't sleep for days!

GOD BLESS.

#107 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Spoiled Contractors?

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (USA)

I would like to address this personal attack:

"Oh and to Vmarj, you started a corporation...right....you sure don't sound like it..a "corporate freelancer" yeah..you're in the big leagues alright!"

I never said I was a 'corporate freelancer' so your comments are way out of line.

"It sounds like there are some spoiled contractors trying to rip off employers."

In my case, I never asked Yvette Mayflower for more than what had been delivered and accepted so it was not a case of my trying to "rip off employers."

If Gemini C and Yvette Mayflower are actually paying you then good for you but I recommend that you stick to what you know and stop hurling insults at me.

#108 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Le Thi Minh Uyen - (Vietnam)

Hi,

I have a dealing with this company in August. Cristina your post stand out for me because I also had the same national average project but I only had two weeks to finish it. The criteria was also the same but I had to supply 100 companies per model. Unfortunately I could not finish it in two weeks it took me one month. The payment was originally $950 but in the end I received $1,250 with a $300 bonus. You say you contact her last week maybe she is very busy and all you need is to wait a little bit. Sometimes I got messages in one day other times up to ten days you must be patient and she will reply to you. Most people on this board is liking this company so I'm not concerned about it and they also pay me very well. I still am surprised you got 3 months to finish this project. I wish I had this time also.

L

my experience with Yvette Mayflower

Everyone,

I am a new oDesk Contractor from Cebu, Philippines. My first project is with Yvette Mayflower of Gemini C Group of Companies - US National Average Project and Computations of Standard Business Equations. The project involves research of companies with 1-20 employees - subdivided into four groups (com w/ 1-4 emp) (com w/ 5-10 emp) (com w/ 11-15emp) (com w/ 16-20 emp) Each group should have a minimum of 50 companies - I supplied them no less than 80 company models per group. US National Average Computation and Standard Business Equations ( 206 sequations) should be computed for the 4 groups. From Start of the project ( research part) up to the second half (computation part) - took me almost 3months to do. I am instructed to submit a weekly report (every thursday) for an updated portion of my report). The agreed service fee is $900.00 - Yvette promised me a bonus of $150.00 after the 2nd half due to a job well done - I have not required any advance payment.

After the 50% of the job accomplished - Yvette's email reply for me started to delay. The project was finished on Oct. 17 - she replied on the 19th. I started to have some doubts with her dealings - I started to research Yvette Mayflower of Gemini C Group Inc. - have seen this ripoof report of Yvette Mayflower. I discovered of her being a scammer on the 25th my birthday. A very bad birthday present indeed - I was so down/discouraged and a state of traumatic experience. I have worked so hard for this project - I dont have a computer of my own - I need to travel more than 20km per day just to borrow/use my brother's computer - in order to do my job. My only hope of having a computer of my own - upon the release of my service fee. I was hopeful that when that time comes - I will be working at my home - with my own computer. But all my hopes went crumbling this day.

I emailed Yvette Mayflower on the 26th and confronted her with regards to these ripoff report of hers - and I particularly copied the complaints on my email. She replied on the 27th. She denied everything - she said that my job has been reviewed yet - promised that next week the review shall be finished and thereby I will be paid thereafter.

Today is November 4 - I still did not receive any payment. I have made a report to oDesk - they said they will investigate. I requested oDesk to ban Yvette Mayflower so that no more contractor be a Victim like me. I still emailed her yesterday - Yvette Mayflower did not reply. I tried to go inside the GeminiCGroupInc. - but their site requested for permission before we can go in. I am hoping that I can write and complain directly to the President or Vice President.

As I write this traumatic experience of mine - I kept on crying - due to depreciation I guess. I did not have any job since 2007 - I tried online jobs especially oDesk - but my very first job give me this experience with Yvette Mayflower. I really cannot comprehend why a person like Yvette Mayflower - a manager of Gemini C Group, Inc. - do such thing to us contractors - who has almost have nothing in this world. Being a manager - Yvette should be receiving a very lucrative salary and benefits from Gemini C Group, Inc. Not paying us - contractors can be compared to a situation where she is also stealing from persons who have nothing but the payment of their hardwork.

I hope that there would still be justice to all our pleas. GOD BLESS.

#110 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Read before you commit - GC Group took the right action.

Read before you commit to a job - GC Group isn't at fault... YOU ARE

Before you commit to a job you need to read the policies and rules on Odesk or any other freelance site for that matter. It's clear that any company on there has complete control of the outcome of any project that is fixed price in nature. Obviously Gemini is smart they're doing fixed projects like a lot of other companies because they are minimizing as much risk as they can. Think about it, if you're a large company are you going to trust some anonymous person from anywhere in the world based on a hunch? I know I wouldn't, I'd leverage everything in my favor. The reason Odesk has fixed price projects is for this very reason -- to assist companies from having risky relationships with contractors. This would be expected since all of Odesk's fees are from the companies in the first place so if the companies aren't satisfied then neither will Odesk. If you want to put the blame on someone and vent your frustration don't look towards GC. Instead you should be looking towards Odesk since they're the one's who made the policies in the first place, GC was only following it to the best of their ability.

Trying to get 'smart' with your employer when they hold all the cards is only going to bring forth the wrath of Khan. It really shouldn't be a surprise. Think before you act. Next time you might prevent this sort of situation from happening to you again if you read the rules. Or as Jen mentioned just go hourly.

Re: Jen M

While I agree with everything you've said, let's not forget that there are just as many bad companies out there in the freelance market as there are bad contractors. Well maybe the ratio isn't the same exactly since there are fewer businesses but let's not forget that it does go both ways. The bottom line though line is that GC isn't one of those companies.

Also -

1) Nothing wrong with corporates doing freeance work, I'm one of them :)

2) Keep the personal attacks or ad hominems if you don't mind, not just you though :)

Re: Author

It's indicated that you've replied to yourself 8 times but the funny thing is that the name of your original profile comes up only 7 times, so the other time means you are posing as someone else as well. If I were to guess there are probably only 2 complaints out of 24 or so unique messages or individuals with the great majority pro this company. I base that out of 40 posts seen with obviously some people replying to others and vice versa so there are double posts in there. 26 give or take.

#111 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good job for Gemini - Spoiled contractors not getting away with it

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Incase you weren't aware they pay like 90% or more of their payroll through check or deposit, as I was told....

It sounds like there are some spoiled contractors trying to rip off employers. I do both freelancing and employing but mostly freelancing though. However when I'm doing employing I've had a decent number of bad experiences with unprofessional contractors! So many want to do so little work for less, they purposefully delay projects or run you on as many hours as they can so they can squeeze every penny out of you! Not all of course but a decent number. The few on here throwing baby tantrums, honestly you (or if you're all one person) act like a bunch of spoiled kids! Your probably trying to short change them and put in as little work as you can get in there. Boo h*o life isn't fair, yes some companies do their homework and actually make sure unprofessional contractors don't short change them...get over it and grow up... my gosh! Obviously they realized what you were doing!

And any of the few I see complaining all refer to Odesk. Wow what a surprise! Did you even know that on Odesk projects fall completely under the jurisdiction of the company if it is fixed price? They even have you acknowledge an agreement before you take on fixed price projects. I would recommend you go hourly if you get issues holding your breath.

Obviously your work wasn't up to Gemini's expectation and they pulled the plug. They have every right to if you're doing a fixed price project on Odesk. That's the truth of the matter here. Learn your lesson and move on, acting like children won't help you, wow...I can't even believe you people call yourselves contractors!

Gemini is good now

AUTHOR: L Zhao - (China)

To above person as I mention this company they pay us 25% already so it not a matter of if we will be paid at all it has already happen for us. I am more inclined to agree with others not with this settlement you make it to be. Yesterday we now have 75% of the 100% payment. We submitted changes as they say and it happen. This company remind us of our own companies here. It is a strict one, most American companies lenient but this one is a strict one like the dragon it is fierce if you do not obey the instructions. Yes it is a strict one but not a malicious one so my final analysis is to support this company. Good day for you and sorry to hear of these problem for you.

Gemini is good now

AUTHOR: L Zhao - (China)

To above person yes I see the image but as I say those things are usually just temporary for a company on Odesk. In my experience the customer support is not so good there because they say one thing it can be another but I don't know. I ask them today on the live chat and the say Gemini account no reason for suspend. I don't know my contract is okay though. Even if it is true for Gemini it's probably not important since there are thousands of freelance sites around world so many companies use this things.

I don't know procedure in America but here many companies can register officially in one state and one way for another and then have a different name for the public maybe it is this way too. I think it is since they are private company and most financial companies usually have a complex registration manner.

Re Gemini

AUTHOR: gloria - (Philippines)

As I can see, you also from Cebu City. There were about 28 of us hired by Gemini C and we got all the documents, NDA and Employment Contract and were supposed to start on 31st October but odesk suspended their account due to multiple abuse.

Now, the company is offering us 350$ convinience gift for 28 hired/contracted freelancers! Can we please meet online, so I can hear from you. I understand how you feel and we wont allow ourselves to be victims, as well.

Please feel free to send me your details to my gmail whihc reads: (((ROR redacted)))
Most of us are based in Pinas!

#115 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini C oDesk Suspension

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (USA)

While I appreciate your comments about Gemini C, they tried putting me through the same "loop" so it will be interesting to see if the fixes you implement actually produce payment.  I had my doubts and was unwilling to do any more work for them without partial payment for what had been accepted, which was where negotiations failed.

Did you look at the attached image?  oDesk suspended Gemini C for ABUSE and, from what I've read on this thread, this has happened more than once.

My final analysis is that Yvette Mayflower and Gemini C are taking advantage of contractors and making up reasons why they will not pay.  Even though their website says they are an LLC, they have no registered company in the state of Florida.  All companies must register with their states, public or private.  I know this for a fact because I have been a corporation in the past.

Gemini is a 8 to 10 company

AUTHOR: L Zhao - (China)

I was about to write a post about how they were a scam last week but I decided to give it a try to see what would happen if we cooperate. Although we didn't get the amount we really wanted they did pay us 25%the amount and are willing to provide another 50% if we make the fixes which we are doing now.

Not so bad for us I can say. But surely not a evil company. For above person suspension on Odesk is nothing big and mostly the contractors get suspended not the company. In my experience if it is company then if the company give a good explanation Odesk will unsuspend. If Odesk suspend them then it is because of a temporary problem like maybe they are trying to link with facebook and not right credential. Even if it is a problem with contractor and especially if fixed price Odesk will not make it hard for the company. Odesk is very pro-company and anti-contractor...

#117 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Doesn't Add Up?

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (USA)

When I saw the increased numbers of people who had been scammed by Yvette Mayflower, I submitted this thread to oDesk.  This evening I received this reply:

We have suspended this employer's account for abuse.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- oDesk Marketplace Quality Team.

---
Respectfully,

oDesk

Why would oDesk suspend Gemini C for abuse if they were not certain the company was abusing freelancers on that site?

#118 General Comment

Re: Complete Opposite experience - I like Mayflower!

AUTHOR: speedracegal - (United States of America)

The people ""hating"" on this company just don't add up. Why would they go through all the trouble to interview you only to run away with your Happy Meal? And why prepare instruction documents while they're at it?

Calling this one a false flag... Next!

Complete Opposite experience - I like Mayflower!

AUTHOR: Ted Cabatbat (flygerard) - (Philippines)

When I read this post the first thing coming to my mind was "WTF" anyone here that games knows what that means.

I've been working on a research project for Mayflower since September. I've been told that the way my work is organized together is really good and that has been encouraging. I only have contact with Mayflower and I will say that at times it can take her a long time to respond but I think it's only because she's busy. By long time I mean up to a week at times but each time she has come through.

Two weeks in the past I asked if she was open to a 5% fee for the services rendered until I finish at least a third of the work and two days later she granted it on Vworker. My project is only part time so I only have time for it on the weekends so as a result the only way I could do the project was if they broke the payment into three parts. Technically they are already paying me early. Compared to some of the few people here who have had some bad experiences I guess I'm quite proud of myself which gives me more confidence in how I work. I can understand the delays in communication because I have experienced it with her too but saying she is this that and the other is something I can't agree on. I like Mayflower like many others as well =)

I think I'm a victim too!!

AUTHOR: coffeebabe - (Philippines)

After reading this thread, my hands are shaking and I cried thinking that I was also scammed by Yvette Mayflower. I just finished a research project just a week ago and the last message that I received it was on Oct. 19, 2011. She's telling me that my project is still under review I replied and told her while waiting for the review can I get my partial payment for it. She did not respond and until now waiting for her message.

Then I decided to Google her name and didn't expect that she's having a problem with other contractors too. I couldn't imagine the sleepless and exhausting days that I have done just to meet the requirements, that I need to finish 15 000 leads for 22 Industry list and this is what I've got!

By the way, one thing that keeps me still hoping is that their payments in Odesk is still okay from $3000 ++ plus that they have paid for the contractors it changes to $4580.

I hope she will read this and please pay our projects  and I hope that your conscience will enlighten your mind.

#121 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Never had a prob with Gemini - there were great for me

AUTHOR: Yelsen Hamlec - (Germany)

From what I read here the majority like the company. I've pretty much concluded that it isn't the company so much as it is Mayflower. Odd though, I've never had any issue with her then again I never really worked with her.

#122 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Also Scammed by Yvette Mayflower

AUTHOR: Virtually Marj - (United States of America)

My oDesk contract with Gemini C officially began on July 4, 2011.  On July 25, 2011, I received an email from the IRT indicating that the project had been put on hold because they needed to review their internal processes.  After several iterations about partial payment for work that had been delivered, it became clear that payment was not forthcoming.  After I registered a formal complaint about Gemini C's non-payment practices with oDesk, my contract was terminated by Yvette Mayflower  on August 22, 2011 with her explanation that her decision to end the contract was "based on your uncalled response at an attempt to give our company a bad reputation" and that such independence would not be tolerated.

The same day this thread started, and after 2 months of email debate, I was informed by Yvette Mayflower that she was not going to pay me for the strategies I had submitted.  Christoper Christian stepped in and took the case to the panel, and he was very supportive of my cause which I totally appreciated.  The panel agreed to re-evaluate my case after about 3 weeks but, unfortunately, Yvette Mayflower remained in control of negotiations.

On October 14, 2011, Yvette Mayflower promised to send me her proposal by the following Wednesday which was calendar date October 19, 2011.  After side-stepping several times and attempting to engage me in argument about the facts, I finally received her proposal on October 24, 2011.  Her proposal introduced a new and previously undisclosed "penalty" which reduced their amount owing by $350 but it did include an option of immediate reduced payment for the work that had been accepted by Gemini C.  I accepted the payment option and stipulated that they were to pay me immediately to avoid my comment on this thread.

Today, Yvette Mayflower is balking at payment, informing me that the payment option she offered on October 24, 2011, does not have the funds allocated to fund the payment, denying that she previously indicated that she would issue funds to my PayPal account, claiming that she has the right to revise the proposal that I've already accepted, and suggesting that I need to sign something that guarantees Gemini C's future interests.

For the record, I am writing this prior to receiving that document because I am in support of the original author's and Janis that Gemini C is defrauding freelancers.

It pleases me no end to find out that Gemini C's oDesk account has been suspended.

This is a true story.  I am not a "fake" contractor.  The bizarre behaviors of Yvette Mayflower and the IRT have plagued me for more than 3 months now.  I thought it had reached conclusion when her proposal was accepted on October 24, 2011, but today I am learning that the rules of the game are being rewritten again.

#123 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Ruiz - (Philippines)

At the time when I first posted here me and my team were still working on a project for them. 5 days ago we finished the project and just yesterday they delivered the remaining amount as promised. When we had finished our work they only asked for a few changes which we then delivered the next day. So speaking for myself and our team I still believe they are a very good and honest company. Their actions speak for themself.

On the matter of the people working on the company all being one person. As someone else mentioned it's a ridiculous comment to make. I have spoken with Mrs. Mayflower on multiple ocassions, usually just for a few minutes maybe once a week if we needed a specific confirmation on how to format something or approach a problem. This woman is a very very old woman, likely old enough to be my mother! and I am a pretty old man (late 40's). I have spoken with Christian when he interviewed us for the project, this one is for sure a younger middle age man, very courteous and polite. For sure I know these are different people. Many people work for this company it is proven. How can anyone take you seriously now.

Everything turned out as they had promised. If a person says to you I will deliver you two chickens tomorrow if you fix my bike today and they do it then there is nothing more you can ask of them.

~John

#124 General Comment

Gemini C is an excellent firm

AUTHOR: H Jackson - (United Kingdom)

I am not quite certain if I would be considered an ex-employee myself but I have worked with Gemini under a non contracted arrangement. It was based on good faith.

This was in 09 when I did a short lived workshop with one of their analytics teams which was very beneficial. The workshop was a cooperative endeavor to see if my small company would be a good outsourcer of analytics information related to a variety of financial instruments. Unfortunately we didn't get the contract to go further with them, however the experience itself was gratifying and we found them to be an upstanding company. Although we didn't get the conract they did take care of our transportation fees which made it very convenient.

I've personally spoke with Charles and Christopher, more so with Charles and I can confirm they are two different people, so the bloke above claiming they and Yvette (not sure who she is though) are all one and the same is ludicrous in my opinion.

In our workshop we had access to many of their internal documents (all under an NDA of course) and they seem to be a very transparent company when it comes to what they do and how they communicate with their investors. Me and my wife never go the impression that they were out to deceive anyone just to gain investors. That's a rather childish remark, if you knew (achilles) anything about investing no investor in their right mind would invest in any company unless they had some degree of access to transparent financial and/or at least operational details. I'm sure Gemini C provides all this to anyone who is interested in them or as a customer of their services.

My 2 cents - Cheers

Thankful for Gemini (author is just unlucky I think)

AUTHOR: Geraldine - (Philippines)

Yvette, Charles, Christopher posing as one person???

What a craziest thing to say...have you ever speaking with these people for your project??? - there is no way these are the same people.

Re: Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

What I think?

Seems like an admirer of ancient greece

janis...achilles.. and the op = same person  ^_

#127 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree with Janis - Gemini is a total SCAM

AUTHOR: Achilles - (United States of America)

I'm not 100% certain whether I would be considered a former "employee" of Gemini, seeing as how they never complied with the terms of the contract set forth. As such, I would have to agree with the fact that as there are hundreds of contracts listed on oDesk, while only several have actually been paid. Additionally, I take offense that you would assume "Great company hires bad employees" - not the case! A quick analysis of Gemini-C's payment history, it would appear that they are more than willing to pay any amount under $50.00.

My personal experience as a freelancer to Gemini-C also began with an invitation to interview from Yvette Mayflower. The interview continued to Charles Pike and hired by Christopher Christian. Every promise to provide the necessary information to complete my project was broken. After about 6 weeks of broken promises, unanswered e-mails and inconsistent support, I began doing research of my own. With little information to be found, as you stated, they are after all a privately held company, I gave up on that effort.

I found it interesting the number of current and former employees within the oDesk community that contacted me to discuss their personal issues with Gemini-C as a dishonest employer. Interestingly, I received several "shady" requests for information from obviously bogus contractors about Gemini-C. I know this because the chats were originated from oDesk contractors (freelancers) that had only just joined oDesk; but stated they had been working for a long period of time with Gemini-C (on oDesk) - at least if somebody is going to lie to me make it entertaining! This was an obvious ploy by either Yvette, Charles or Christopher to ferret out the employees that were telling the truth about their unethical practices.

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that:

1. Yvette, Charles and Christopher are all one person, posing as multiples.
2. Gemini-C hired hundreds of contractors through oDesk as "Fixed Price Contracts" because there is no way for oDesk to track and guarantee a fixed-price contract (as opposed to an hourly contract. I know this because one contractor with a high (almost $3,000.00 fixed price contract) completed the work (with continual positive feedback from Gemini-C) - when it came time to pay up - Yvette's response to request for payment:  "There is no guaranteed payment for a Fixed Price contract on oDesk." This was their plan from the start - hire only contractors that agree to a fixed-price contract with no payment required up-front then use that against them to withhold all payments.
3. Gemini-C hired hundreds of oDesk contractors to make it appear to potential investors that there are more employees - giving the illusion that they have a great potential for future growth and earnings.

Argue that!

Re: Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

AUTHOR: mister r (updated) - (USA)

Good call McKarthy you obviously exposed that person.

Obviously 'Janis' didn't get the joke.

Hehe..... Janis that's a first. I think next time I'll call myself Janis the cable guy! :P

#129 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

AUTHOR: Jen McKarthy - (United States of America)

Well obviously 'Janis' or whoever is definitely not from the US. Seriously who goes by the name of 'Janis' other than the singer back in the 60's?

You should also take the time to look up what shilling means on urbandictionary, lol anyone commenting heavy shilling is actually good for Gemini and everyone working for them -- as in heavy/a lot of money.

Suffice to say your command of the english language is "decent", but before you go around using words like shilling you might want to look them up.

FWIW I just checked gemini's odesk account and they are actually quite selective. They have almost 500 job posts and only 15 hires on that site. Janis at least be honest and quit spinning the true picture and take your conspiracy theories elsewhere....and quit misleading honest hard working people and discrediting a proven and reliable company just because you didn't scam them (Just a hunch).

Obviously anyone who didn't get their pay is going into get into a hissy fit. Now I don't know your situation but it sounds like you probably didn't follow through with their instructions or realized that it was a project you couldn't handle. I'll admit I come across those projects that surprise me too but I don't through a hissy fit. Time is tough for everyone and I think Odesk even let's you know that if you don't go by hourly pay then you are willingly agreeing to any outcome at the discretion of whatever company you are working with.  Because the fact of the matter is if you were doing what you were supposed to then you would have been paid. From my experience they always pay on time and even bonus if the work is within their expectations. I mean hell Gemini even writes out clear overview documents on every project (at least I still think they do) they put out beyond the job description. Honestly how many contracting companies on freelancer sites do you know does that? The reality is pretty much no one does that, usually you get a email message to do this and that in two lines. If you got it wrong that bad then sorry but you only have yourself to blame.

What's disturbing about your message is how obnoxious, unrealistic and deceitful it just outright seems. Now you could be right but I honestly think you're just trying to be a victim. Gemini is a great company, and my experience and everyone else that has commented proves the latter, obviously what I've come across is a complete 180. Maybe join the haterade club with the 500,000 other contractors who are looking for easy pay on Odesk, only to find that well employers are actually looking for talent - maybe?

I don't frequent Odesk often, I find most of the jobs are outsourced and are of really low pay and quality. There are a few dimes out there but you really have to look. It's best if you are already with an established high quality company like Gemini in my experience.

And I would say that Gemini is a really pro-end company and they expect their employees to be the same way so don't be surprised if they kicked your butt to the curb on that site. Your probably used to run in the mill low end companies. Either way it's not just Gemini that gets this unfortunate slack but a plethora of other companies that get slack from what I would term 'dishonest contractors' like yourself here just visit: https://www.odesk.com/community/forum/50 and you'll see never ending posts about how some boogy man company is scamming just about everyone on the planet. If you're looking for easy work then don't expect to work for an established pro-end company geez a weez. Based on responses here and outside, obviosly the majority of people outside the US working for them get it, might want to rethink how you approach your work on freelancer sites.

I'd love to hear Mrs. Mayflowers thoughts on your post but I doubt she would even care, sure, to other people who frequent sites like these for recreation you might have got our attention but at the end of the day as far as any company (whether its ATT, Verizon, JC Penny, whatever) you're just talking to the wind.

#130 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Great company hiring bad contractors

AUTHOR: Trish Demarcos - (United States of America)

To the last person:

Gemini is definitely a great company. I've worked with them on PPR for over two years now doing part time jobs so I'd have to disagree with you. I've also done a few on Odesk as well. If you weren't aware they are a private corp so duh of course you wouldn't find every nook and cranny about them.

So what, obviously the didn't like the work you produced and now you feel it's your responsibility to discredit them. By all means feel free to if it helps you sleep at night but it's not like the world will stop spinning for anyone. I've spoken with Mayflower before oh wait I must be lying!

Everyone else on here is saying quite the contrary to what you have mentioned and the few people I know online that have worked for them would also say the same. Sounds like Gemini unfortunately is hiring bad contractors.

BTW I also saw the Odesk suspension, not that I have an actual contract on going but I did get the notice as well. But yesterday I got the un suspension notice. The only reason it came up was because they were changing their payment method. It's sick that in today's world that people would exploit such a simple situation just because they didn't do the job (which is more likely the case) they were supposed to.

Just for kicks I'll see if they have any openings for me, and maybe in two months I'll come online and repost why they paid for a 5th time in a row without a problem.

#131 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Janis Dean - (United States of America)

Gemini C is a fraud.  I worked for a month with no pay given even though all my work was completed on time and with excellent feedback.  I know of at least 10 other contractors they did this to.  If you have had a better experience, then congratulations.  I would say you are in the small percentage of people actually paid.  Their feedback only appears positive because only the feedback from PAID workers shows up.  Maybe look at the number of people they've hired/jobs posted vs the amount of $ paid out??

Also - their account on oDesk is suspended so I think that should tell you a lot. I'm not going to get into the back and forth as I've moved on, and  I am only commenting here to back up the other UNPAID worker.  I only found this report when I did a search of the company name today b/c I received notice of their suspension. Also, I definitely agree that there is some HEAVY SHILLING going on here. It would serve you well to look that up b/f you agree and then comment on the opposite.

Also - see what you can find out about the company.  It's pretty curious that NONE of the employees found on their site or anyone has spoken to (Yvette Mayflower, Christopher (chris) Christian, Chris Pike, Celine Brooks,  and Paola Lenard) have any internet presence  other than seeking investors or hiring others.   Business records in FL and w/the SEC are also scarce...

For other freelancers - BEWARE.  This company showed me why I ALWAYS will get a % upfront or work on a guaranteed hourly basis.

#132 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini is a great company...not agreeing with the author as well

Lol indeed!

I did a gig for them last year and never had a problem. Gemini is a good company. Everywhere I look on freelancer sites they have 100% ratings by pretty much all the contractors that work for them. They must be doing something right lol

* Jen

Wow!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

that's some heavy SHILLING!

Better put out the alert!

#134 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini is a fantastic company- I also do not agree with author

AUTHOR: Cheb - (Singapore)

Like everyone else except the author I have to say that Gemini is a fantastic company. Although I haven't worked for them in a long time the few times I did a few years ago it was a excellent time with them.

#135 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: JConstaza - (Philippines)

This is not about who gets the last word, if you want it fine you can have it. It's not important for me. I'm not saying you should just roll over and sleep it off all I'm saying is that whatever issue you had with Mrs. Mayflower there is no point in being bitter about it. Bid for another project and move on. 3000 company items? Yeah that's okay, I am working on a project dealing with 15,000 different products categories and within that there are about 5 different types and it's no easy. I will say again I stand by my belief that this company is a good one and I am thankful for their patience with me and my team because sometimes we have delays on the report they ask but they are kind and considerate. So I still stand by it.

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

It is easy for you to say Move ON...because you are not the one working on a research project of more than 3000 company details with their numerous products in 16 hours per day for more than 1 month without any CENT paid.... I am not longing for payment now I just want many freelancer  to know to be careful dealing with Ms. Mayflower. I know I am not the only victim here for sure they will come out soon but not as much as like you guys who are very prompt on defending them...The more you keep on giving response I will not get tired on answering you back.

Respond to - John

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

I know making good feedback in favor for Gemini is one of your virtual task here....But anyway I wish you good luck on defending this kind of company....for me if there will be ZERO rating that would be the best for this company.

#138 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini and Mrs. Mayflower is great people

AUTHOR: Naveen - (India)

I also do not agree with this author. They treat and pay us good too. You have some question for them they answer it quickly and assist you. is a good company and a good people and mrs mayflower also. This author I no no agree with it.

Naveen M B

#139 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gemini is awesome, no idea what the author is on..

AUTHOR: Megan Wright - (United States of America)

Gemini is an AWESOME company!

Now... I don't know what their policy is with non-us contractors because it seems like most of the people that commented this are outside the US but domestically they have an excellent one. So I can't speak on behalf of you all but I've worked with them in 2009 and did a project spring of this year and each time I've received 15% bonuses so I can't complain.

To the author: Not sure what your problem is but you need to articulate yourself better (I say this very kindly so please don't berate me) because I also don't fully understand what your report is going on about. Also in your replies you don't address the main issue or bring forth sound discussion you just attack people with ad hominems. You seem really quick to accuse which well, makes sense!

Anyways I wish you the best....

#140 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: JConstaza - (Philippines)

No one is saying you don't have a right. It's obvious we all have the right to free speech so I don't know where you are getting at there. Conscious? Not at all I have no guilt because I have the truth of my experience and God on my side. To me it seems you may have issues because you sound very bitter. It's not my problem obviously for you it is.

AUTHOR: Ruiz - (Philippines)

I have nothing to prove to you. I have accomplished many things as a freelancer since 2003 and I am proud of being able to run a work at home job. You seem to forget that the point of this website is to express yourself anonymously. I can see why you had issues with Mrs. Mayflower - you demand unreasonable things even on here. I am not going to expose myself and my team simply for your pleasure. I don't even know who you are you could be anyone. So no thanks.

You need to move on with your life, seriously. Whatever happened between you and Gemini is obviously history if you let this eat you up you'll only have a worse life.

Respond to - John

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

John if you want me to believe you give me your elance account link to check that you really have the contract with them and showing that your already 8 yrs working as freelance....I know very well that when companies receive this kind of negative feedback they will make it sure to find freelancers to counter the bad feedback... Lay your cards here...let us see if your really telling the truth... Remember I came out to the open to voice out not only me but those other freelancers who are not paid by this employer....and also if your that busy freelancer how come you happen to check my post without somebody telling you....

JConstanza

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

Then tell me how did you know I filed this complain... if Ms. Mayflower did not tell you about it and ask you to file rebuttal. Don't tell me an alibi ... you could not fool me or anyone knows a lot in this tricks... I can also understand that for you its only part of your work and doing this you earn money but remember your not helping and its always your conscience will suffer. I know that due to my complaints Ms. Mayflower will be cautious now and treat well her employees specially freelancers. I can sleep well JConstanza by telling the truth and I hope you can find yourself having peace of mind by keep on responding me. If you keep on replying me I will not be tired of responding you and this will just add up on the previous thread and mind you it will just worsen their feedback more. I am just right here to air up what I feel about my bad experience with them and if ever there will be someone like you keep on defending then I am willing to keep going and fight my right.

AUTHOR: Ruiz - (Philippines)

I have worked with Gemini only a month on a somewhat large project with three team members myself. They know it was a big project so they gave us a 10% up front payment on elance which is reasonable, not too much and not too little.

Last week we reached the 50% mark on our project and they released the funds as they promised which was 40%. We now have 50% of the project remaining and I don't see why they won't release it since they already did the up front pay to us and the 50% mark. I don't work with Mrs. Mayflower I work with another supervisor there but when I have worked with her she has been nothing but helpful and a sweet lady. She even suggested that our project be extended an extra 10 days after re-looking at the entire scope. I would say the author just had a unlucky time. Like many here I also am very appreciative of the Gemini Group.

I and my team have been freelancers for eight years now and we can safely say that this company is a fair and honest one.

~John

#145 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: JConstaza - (Philippines)

I understand but I can surely tell you that no one has asked me to do anything that is not of my freewill. I choose to come on here of my own will no one forced me. I honestly think that Gemini is a great company they have always treated me well. You may have a bad experience with them but that is not the case for me and many others I have spoke with. The thing is I have dealt with Mrs. Mayflower myself and my own experience tells me the opposite of what you are saying. If it wasn't for Gemini I wouldn't have been able to pay a lot of bills that I have so I am greatful for this company.

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

Also regarding my posting Title, I am just following the questions set by Ripoff and it is the closest among all the choices given. I am not misleading the reader I am just reporting about an incident happen to me and my team. So sad people will nowadays will just give good feedback just to earn money... I understand you JConstanza as I am freelancer too, I hope you will not encounter such an employer like Ms. Mayflower in the future....Good luck for defending them.

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

No way for me to ask an apology, I know your hired to make good feedback for this company, Now way for you to know about my complain online as your not being notified with ripoff ...for sure Ms. Mayflower just ask you to make good feedback to counter my allegations... Come to think I just recently file this complaint and then now your giving your own opinion.

I am just telling what I experienced with them and don't ever ask me to ask an apology and don't ever tell me that I misunderstood the instruction because you don't know what exactly our communication flow.

Respond to EX- Employee

AUTHOR: Freelancer - (Philippines)

FYI, When I started working with Ms Mayflower I keep on sending updates and it takes her  a week to respond to me with another request from his previous reference sample. Besides I am not the only person complaining there are other team members who communicate with me about same incident with me, only I did not take it as a warning on my side. Anyway I know their company of course will find ways to put dummy accounts to counter my allegations. Anyway only GOD knows what is right and what really happens.

#149 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: JConstaza - (Philippines)

I have read the report the author wrote and I sincerely doubt the author did whatever project it was with them correctly.

I work on many projects and read many instructions as a freelance rmyself and I don't even know what you are saying. So I can see how Mrs. Mayflower could have been confused with you, after all I am too. It's not just the report but even the title itself is confusing and kind of misleading.

I think you are hurt and I can understand if you feel like you were ripped off but I doubt that if you did things correctly you would have been. I have worked with Gemini on ocassions and they always reserve me when there is a project open that is a good match, my relationship with them has always been good. You should probably apologize and ask if they can look into your matter for you again.

Gemini is a great company and I'm not sure why this is here.

#150 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Excellent company

AUTHOR: Lauren Nikkei - (United States of America)

I came across the previous individuals report claiming the Gemini C Group was a rip off. I have to completely disagree with that. Having worked for them on multiple ocassions on various contracts as a freelancer myself I have experience with them for over 8 months now. Each time I always ask questions Mrs. Mayflower clearly tells me what needs to be done. Maybe the previous person did not ask clear instructions on what they were supposed to do.

It is out of the blue and kind of odd for what the previous person says because in my experience in working with them if you do a good job in your work they even bonus you. Most of the time I get bonuses of 10 to 15%. Sometimes the instruction document may need some clarification if the project is large and that is the responsibility of whoever is working for them to clarrify those matters before starting.

All in all I love this company. I work with many companies as a freelancer and this is definitely one of the most professional top one's out there.