Complaint Review: Gemma Booker

• Submitted: Tue, November 08, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, December 28, 2011

• Reported By: Etsy Seller — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Gemma Booker
27702 Crown Valley Parkway St D4155 Ladera Ranch, California United States of America

Gemma Booker Child Style Magazine Ripped off Another Etsy Seller Ladera Ranch, California

*Author of original report: Another Etsy Seller

*General Comment: I think you are the dishonest one, after I investigated your claim..a little more.

*Author of original report: No Such Magazine

*General Comment: Yup..I was right. Magazine does exist!

*Consumer Comment: You didn't provide proof of these alegations

Gemma Booker contacted me through my Etsy shop, asking for a sample product to be featured in her new Wedding Style magazine. She provided contact information and a link to her existing Child Style magazine, so I thought she was legit.

But not only did she want a free product, she wanted a customized free product, asking that specific initials be embroidered on a bag. This was needed, she said, because she was shooting a specific wedding for the first issue of her new magazine.

Her own words: " We at Wedding Style Magazine & www.childstylemagazine.com love your product and would love to offer you an introductory sponsorship for our first Wedding & event magazine being printed June 5th (2011) This magazine will support amazing wedding designers and the DIY event community focusing on sharing unique finds and individual high end style with our 80,000 subscribers. We love to support Etsy Designers"

When I checked in with her she assured me my product would be in the Sep/Oct issue.

Lies, lies, lies. There is no such magazine. She just scores free stuff based on her false legitimacy. I hope the groom liked his bag that she stole from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gemma-Booker/Ladera-Ranch-California-92694/Gemma-Booker-Child-Style-Magazine-Ripped-off-Another-Etsy-Seller-Ladera-Ranch-California-796052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gemma Booker

Another Etsy Seller

AUTHOR: Etsy Seller - (United States of America)

Once again you have your facts wrong.  I am not the Etsy seller you are flaming about.  She has done this to more than one shop.

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: Scammerssucketh - (Canada)

Why would she screw out of a $12.50 bag? LOL And it's not even a pretty bag, sorry. I see she made a report about YOU screwing her over as well.

Suzanne Frideres

Send a sample of her canvastote bag valued at $12.50 according to her ETSY store as a sample in in hopes that we would use it in our magazine we did not get a good use of the product in our photo shoot and some went ahead and did twitter drops Facebook posts and blog posts advertising her product . This is  social media package we  normally charge for.

Later we received e-mails with nasty threats and and crazy statements with accusations that we stole her $12.50 tote bag. We requested her to call us so we could properly understand one another but her reply was GET A JOB, she is clearly un rashional or willing to come to an agreement.  Our company has sent her bag back to her per her request and she will not reimburse us for shipping of the goods. We have asked her to call us to discuss her issue and continues to provoke.

She has engaged in doing business with us that was nothing but FREE to her because of her membership with ETSY and the fact we try to support Etsy crafters.

She is not what she claims to be, and we cannot in good faith recommend a person with way of doing business to anyone.  By not calling us or discussing the problem this has left us baffled. We have no choice but to charge for services rendered and so ,We have now requested payment for the services we provided and she will not respond to our e-mails

To this date she owes us $250.00 for the social media marketing we did for her company Handmade Ink on Etsy.

Had we known that working with Suzanne Frideres and Handmade Ink would have been this much trouble we never would have extended the opportunity to her.

For her to think we want to go through this to STEAL an $12.00 bag is crazy I would still like her to call our company ASAP to come to an amicable resolution.

HERE A SCREEN SHOT OF THE BAG ON HER BLOG..as well.

No Such Magazine

AUTHOR: Etsy Seller - (United States of America)

Hey, thanks for the link to CHILD STYLE magazine.  No complaint about it.  The original complaint was about WEDDING STYLE magazine, which does NOT exist.  Please read before commenting.  And I would love to be proven wrong, so send a link to her WEDDING STYLE magazine if you ever find one.

#4 General Comment

Yup..I was right. Magazine does exist!

AUTHOR: Scammerssucketh - (Canada)

Looks VERY legit to me, AND Gemma's name is all over the place, with nothing negative about her.

Here is a copy of the online version of the current issue. Which has a lot of other sellers items really listed/featured in it. :)

Here is the main site

You didn't provide proof of these alegations

AUTHOR: Scammerssucketh - (Canada)

You didn't even say the name of your shop? or her user name on Etsy. How can people check this out for themselves if you do  not provide anything but your words?

And those magazine names ARE real. And just because you haven't been in an issue as of yet, it doesn't mean they are fake. Maybe the shoot was changed? or they didn't like the product to use it in the said shoot? PFFT. Why do ripoffreport allow just anyone to give a business a bad name?

There should be at least links or a photo of said interaction to back up your stories.

tendency