Complaint Review: Gemma Booker

• Updated: Tue, October 25, 2011

• Reported By: Suzanne — Grand Island Nebraska United States of America
Gemma Booker
27702 Crown Valley Parkway Suite D4155 Internet United States of America

Gemma Booker Child Style Magazine donated handmade crafts to fake magazine, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Would like to resolve unknown Issue

July 11th of 2011, I was contacted by Gemma via Etsy.com (I own an etsy shop, where I handcraft goods).  In her email (Which I saved), she talked about supporting etsy designers and wanted to feature one of my products in her Halloween feature.  I was flattered!

(Thought) I did my homework and checked her out pretty good.  Her email looked very authentic, and all links worked.  I wasn't familiar with Child Style magazine, but figured my kids arer older, things looked legit, there were pictures all over the internet, plus thousands of facebook fans.

I decided to donate a few things to the magazine, to perhaps drive more traffic to my shop. I made a really cute tote, a bow tie and hair bow.

My first clue something wasn't right was when she asked on August 7th, for my BIO and company description.  I had already sent it to her.  Sent it again and emailed to confirm.  She never wrote back.

It is now Halloween.  I checked the links. None work, I emailed, no response.  I reported her on etsy as well, it seems she has opened an etsy shop.

This is not fair.  I'm embarrassed, because I told many of my friends and customers about it and ashamed I did not catch on quicker.  Sad that I wasted my time and money, on a thief.  Worried of the personal/home address information she has on me and my business. MAD that there is pretty much nothing I can do about it, pissed I'll never have my things returned.

So I find myself here in tears at 3 am, writing a ripoff report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gemma-Booker/internet/Gemma-Booker-Child-Style-Magazine-donated-handmade-crafts-to-fake-magazine-Internet-791861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gemma Booker

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Would like to resolve unknown Issue

AUTHOR: NotARipOff55 - ()

It has come to our attention that you are unhappy with our company, we have returned al samples from our sample room. Please advise if your samples have been returned. We are more than happy to reimburse you for any costs that you are out. In no way does our publication keep any samples that were mailed with a call tag. Sometimes samples do not make it in to the editors finial content. If you did not send a call tag we assume you do not want the samples returned and they go into a donation box for local charity. ( as stated in our insertion order agreement ) If for any reason you are unhappy please do send us an invoice. And next time I would contact a company directly before resorting to public slander. we wouldn't want you to be upset. please call to resolve at your earliest.

Thank You!