Complaint Review: Gemma Touchstone

• Submitted: Thu, May 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Anaheim California United States of America
Gemma Touchstone
27702 Crown Valley Parkway Suite D4155, Ladera Ranch, California United States of America

Gemma Touchstone Child Style Magazine Owner, Atmosphere Entertainment Ladera Ranch, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False claims - Please see documented inclusion of advertising

Gemma Touchstone, owner of Touchstone Media and producer of Child Style Magazine contracted my company to provide DJ and lighting services for her wedding.  She was looking to trade services for advertising in a new magazine she was launching catering to the wedding industry.

We packaged together close to $5000 of services we would provide and in tern we would be featured in this new magazine.  The wedding was also suppose to be the launching platform for this new publication and receive a lot of local press.  We worked with her over the course of 6+ months to create everything she had envisioned.

Two days prior to the wedding I get a phone call saying the wedding is off but she conveniently has a friend that's engaged and is will to step in so the day can continue.  Red flags immediately start going off in my head but against better judgment we proceed and honor our obligation.  To make a long story short Gemma sold the wedding to a bride.

She had been scamming the entire list of vendors (DJ, lighting, venue, photographer, caterer, minister, linens, floral, etc.)  The magazine was a complete hoax and no one has been able to get hold of her since.  I cannot believe how horrible of a person she is and I want to make sure no one else out there believes her lies.  BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2012 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gemma-Touchstone/Ladera-Ranch-California-92694/Gemma-Touchstone-Child-Style-Magazine-Owner-Atmosphere-Entertainment-Ladera-Ranch-Califo-878096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gemma Touchstone

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False claims - Please see documented inclusion of advertising

AUTHOR: NotARipOff55 - ()

In regards to this event - everything was 100% accurate and true as far as the launch of our new magazine we traded services for marketing and advertising. Unforgettably My fiance did in fact decide to bail from the relashionship and the wedding. ( canceled wedding ) fiance Courday Farnam also acting publisher for new business completely left me holding the bag.

RESOLVE - we have run this ad three times not once to make up for the situation, we followed through with marketing running the add in our party magazine 2 issues and a wedding dedicated issue. You have had over 9,000 people view your ad and service. ( you did in fact get services promised )

we did not work for 6 month we had one phone call and one meeting ever!

you did not provide what we originally talked about just music and some lighting.

To accuse me of selling the wedding is not only false it a complete fabrication. Selling to who? how is that even possible we found a stand in so everyone involved wasn't out time or money.

I am still working with three vendors doing marketing and promotions, all that have called and been open to resolving this is a fashion that works are happy with the results and continue to work with the company.

I am sorry that you feel this way but I urge you to please contact me in a non threatening non aggressive non scary manner and we would be happy to resolve this.

These are the links to the two issues this ad did in fact run in. you can see stats of over 115,000 page views and 9,000 click through s to your ad.