Complaint Review: Gems Bond Inc

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — hanover New Hampshire
Gems Bond Inc
611 whilshire blvd los angeles, California USA

Gems Bond Inc Returned items and not received refunds promised los angeles California

I am filing on behalf of my disable mother. She purchased 4 jewelery items between 12/31/12 and 1/2/13 From Gems Bonds inc. When the products arrived she was unhappy with the quality and contacted the company for a refund two weeks later, and one item was never sent to her.  She received return labels 3/11/13 for the items and they were received back at Gems Bond Inc on 3/13/13.

She called to confirm receipt of the returned items and was told the checks were sent 3/15/13. After not receiving them again, she called a week later and was told by Mr. Bond himself that they went out on 3/17/13. He stated he spoke with his accountant and it was all taken care of and she would be receiving refunds for all four items for full amount paid. When she called back, he stated they were having cash flow problems and the checks would've bounced so they did not send any but that they would issue new ones and send them out.

She called again on 4/29/2013 and spoke with Mr. Bond again stating she still had not received them and that she had spoken to customer service on 4/26/13 and they stated the checks had not even been issued yet. She requested she call back on 4/30/13. When she called, neither Mr. Bond or customer service answered her call. I became involved in this matter from the start but had let her speak with them to resolve the issue.

She spoke with Mr. Bond again 6/10/13 and he said the checks would be sent out. I emailed customer service 6/11/13 informing them of my intent to submit this complaint as well as my complaint with the better business bureau. I received a call back that next morning being informed that the checks were not issued but would be mailed out 2 day mail. I was supposed to receive a call back with the tracking information and never heard back. I sent another email and tried calling 3 times during their stated business hours and received no correspondence and they did not answer the phone.

My mom tried calling and was told by Mr. Bond to tell me not to be nasty. At no point was I nasty, just stern in my request for the refunds and my intentions to continue to take this matter further if need be. I have tried calling for over a week and have received no answer to my messages I left or any response to the emails that I have sent. My mother was told she would have the checks by end of last week and they never arrived. I emailed again and got no response again. I also tried calling 3 times today with no answer and left 2 voicemails.  I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau today as well.

This has been ongoing to multiple months has it took the company over a month just to send out the return labels so she could return the items. We have been patient and polite. They don't answer our calls or emails. (my mother also has been emailing and getting no response) She has acquired additional finance charges on her credit card for these items as without the refunds she could not pay off the balance for these purchases. We gave them a chance to make it right and did not even complain until after their 21 days refund allow time and an additional 10 days for mailing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gems-Bond-Inc/los-angeles-California-90017/Gems-Bond-Inc-Returned-items-and-not-received-refunds-promised-los-angeles-California-1061742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gems Bond Inc