Complaint Review: Genealogy.com, Ancestory.com, FamilyTree.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2008

• Reported By:WAKE FOREST North Carolina
Genealogy.com, Ancestory.com, FamilyTree.com
360 West 4800 North Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Generations Network, AKA Genealogy.com Ancestory.com MyFamily.com Rootsweb.com Auto Billing after cancellation Provo Utah

I was up late one night and decided to do research on my family and my ancestory. I started with the free version on Genealogy.com and it was nice to be able to build a family tree like you did in school. I noticed that they had access to government records so I clicked on it and was told I had to join so I did and that cost me 14.99 a month and cancellation anytime. So I entered my charge card information. As I investigated I saw where they offered census information. So I clicked away. What I didnt know was as I clicked they were charging me for Genealogy Product $43.95, Genealogy Cens report (recurring charge) 19.99; Genealogy Family History (local and out of country) 14.99; Ancestory.com Membership 29.95; and 2 my family.com memberships for $12.00 each for a grand total of $132.88 some just $14.99 membership so I cancelled my account the next day. The problem I already accessed the information so I couldnt get a refund. So at least I took that as lessoned learned and that be the end of it right. No, next month there were charges for Genealogy.com census membership $19.99 and gealogy family history local for $14.99. I called and at least got these cancelled and supposedly I am to get a refund for I got confirmation numbers in 5 business days and you can believe I will be following up on this. I just want others to learn from my meandering pray that no one else just clicks away. The thing is that I consider myself knowledgeable in business practicies and computer and the internet usage and I have been surfing for over 10 years and I have been blessed to say that I this is my only ripoff encounter.
God bless and be careful!

Wdbrdge88
WAKE FOREST, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2008 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genealogycom-Ancestorycom-FamilyTreecom/Provo-Utah-84604/Generations-Network-AKA-Genealogycom-Ancestorycom-MyFamilycom-Rootswebcom-Auto-Billin-308606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genealogy.com, Ancestory.com, FamilyTree.com