Complaint Review: General Air conditioning and heating

• Updated: Sun, May 19, 2013

• Reported By: miss jones — west hollywood Alabama
General Air conditioning and heating
31170 reserve drive thousand palms, California USA

General Air conditioning and heating cam to check out noisy air conditioning unit thousand palms California

*UPDATE Employee: Thank you!

Called out www.callthegeneral.com to check noisy air con.. they quoted $400 for a condenser in the hartell unit that was $38 to buy.  when challenged they said.. and showed a list and told me "this is what the company charges"

replace the oil leaking 1/4hp 825 rpm 230V condenser for $601 with diagnostic fee of $99.. so $700 total.. the part is $129 dollars to buy.

1/4hp 825RPM 5.6

1/4hp 825RPM 5.6" Diameter 208-230 Volts Fasco # D797

Application Information: Condenser Fan (Air Conditioner). Permanent Split Capacitor motor, Open Ventilation-air over. Shaft down or Horizontal mount. All angle mount bearings, CSA certified, UL recognized, 60 degrees ambient more ...

As low as $129.95 out of 3 sellers

DONT USE THEM they are rip off merchants

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2013 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Air-conditioning-and-heating/thousand-palms-California-92276/General-Air-conditioning-and-heating-cam-to-check-out-noisy-air-conditioning-unit-thousan-1052100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Air conditioning and heating

Thank you!

AUTHOR: Patrick - ()

Thank you for sharing your complaint, I understand you disagree with the price and I can appreciate that. I totally disagree that your opinion on our price could qualify as a ripoff though. We are a licensed and insured contractor that is taking the time to respond to you (I also left a message on your phone )a ripoff would not do any of the above.

The great thing about us is our prices are published and consistent and I am pleased to see you were quoted properly. Our technician arrived at your home Sunday morning to address your noise complaint; he found the problem and gave you his recommendations along with the price.  At that time your choice was to say no thank you, I would like to find a lower price or ok, please complete the repairs. You went with the repairs signed the invoice and paid the technician.

As far as internet pricing my first comment would be why did you call us in the first place, why not just diagnose the system and order the parts. Or at least order the part once we diagnosed the problem for you and complete the repair on your own.  I do know that our technician had the knowledge, the tools, and the part to get you taken care of right away and I am confident the internet does not ship a technician in the box. I know our repair has a two year warranty so if the repair we did fails in the next 24 months we will send a tech to fix the problem at no cost to you, including nights, weekends, and holidays.

So while I fully respect you right to disagree with our price, you did make a choice once the price was presented and we fixed your system. We also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, I do not know of a lot of ripoffs that offer that. Again thank you for sharing your opinion and if you ever need us we will be there to keep you cool.