Complaint Review: General Electric And Hotpoint

• Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:New Windsor New York
General Electric And Hotpoint
Louiville, Kentucky U.S.A.

General Electric And Hotpoint Ripoff PROVIDES NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO THEIR CUSTOMERS Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Manuals

*Author of original report: correction to original General Electric and Hotpoint complaint "no accountability..."

While using my GE Hotpoint Range (Model #RB787BC55B)I heard a loud cracking noise and noticed a large crack in the glass top from one side to the other. My range was purchased in June 2004 for about $600.00 at my local appliance store.I have taken excellent of the range adhering to all recommendations for cleaning and use.There should be a 4 year warranty on just the glass cooktop but I understand the warranty is not for my particular model?!? The retail store where it was purchased did not inform me of that small fact. GE has that information hidden in the middle of the owner's manual. I haven't been able to use the range since the beginning of April.One of GE's (reassuring) statements is "We exist to solve problems for our customers".I have talked to several of their reps from South Dakota to Virginia...Mrs Rogers- Mrs Wallace- Jennifer- Mr Ray Graft's office in Kentucky...

A never ending list of bogus phone numbers and reps all programmed to say the same thing.I've also sent documented information to The CEO's office (who is Mr Ray Graft.) I requested a replacement glass top and installation and they offered me a discounted glass top and I pay installation. I'm on a fixed income and retired and I refused their offer...Check out what the GE company dabbles in and their annual profit and you'll see they could be accountable to their loyal customers! By the way I'm not through with them just yet!

Ruth
New Windsor, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2007 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-And-Hotpoint/Louiville-Kentucky-40225/General-Electric-And-Hotpoint-Ripoff-PROVIDES-NO-ACCOUNTABILITY-TO-THEIR-CUSTOMERS-Louisvi-249678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric And Hotpoint

Manuals

AUTHOR: Colorado Tech - (U.S.A.)

Despite the fact that your oven is not covered in the limited 5 year warranty which only pays for the part anyways, why wa it the stores resp. to tell you about something in your manual. On top of that it is not G.E.'s fault either that you didnt read your manual like you are supposed to.

AUTHOR: Ruth m - (U.S.A.)

Correction: Mr Ray Graft is not GE's CEO. He is the General Manager.
Also my Hot Point range was purchased in June 2003.