Complaint Review: General Electric And Ray Graft

• Submitted: Sat, December 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 06, 2008

• Reported By:Ijamsville Maryland
General Electric And Ray Graft
AP 6, Room 129 Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

General Electric And Ray Graft Microwave malfunctioned causing FIRE. Only 4 months old. GE does not stand behind product. MANY reports on internet about same issue. Louisville Kentucky

I followed directions while microwaving a potato. GE micro has a sensor button on front keypad. Potato started a fire in microwave and destroyed interior of oven.

Rep came to replace a part and I was told to contact company if I was disatisfied. Time and time again, I was told that this was a "Customer Usage" issue...and that if I was not cooking a potato, there would be no fire!

There are many, many pages on the internet of consumer complaints which are similar. Fires even starting when cooking frozen vegetables!

I have been trying to get a replacement for my 4 month old, under warranty microwave. The best GE has to offer is for me to pay over $200 for a replacement.

This is a defect in the product and a DANGEROUS one. GE is well aware and have made no attempt to change their products or protect their consumers.

I have children at home. When I mentioned that, the response I got was, "Yes, it's good that it wasn't a child in that situation."

I have sent letters to Mr. Ray Graft and never got a response from him directly. In fact, he ignored my last letter/request, and that was nearly two months ago.

I am sending another letter today, asking for a replacement or refund.

It is unbelievable that a company like GE, whose motto is "GE CARES", really does NOT CARE at all!

Ijamsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2008 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-And-Ray-Graft/Louisville-Kentucky-40225/General-Electric-And-Ray-Graft-Microwave-malfunctioned-causing-FIRE-Only-4-months-old-398489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric And Ray Graft