Complaint Review: General Electric Company - GE Extended Warranty Service

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Medway Ohio
General Electric Company - GE Extended Warranty Service
P.O. Box 100 Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

General Electric Company - GE Extended Warranty Service does unethical business practices and tell the technicians not to mark an item "replaceable", person in charge Chuck Weaver, you have to contact him in writing Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: False statements

Hello,

Just another followup, it is now the last day of July, and our television has been out for almost 4 months with no solution from Mitsubishi, GE Extended Warranty Service, Electra-Sound, or HHGregg. After 4 lamps, 1 ballast, a pcb board, they now wanted to order an engine light. Since you cannot have another service company work on your product if a part is on order. My husband and I specifically told the technician NOT to order ANY part until they heard from us. We had already been through this, when they ordered the pcb board. We did not want service through Electra-Sound. GE stated that since the part was already on order, that there was nothing they could do. That is WHY we told him this. Not because we didn't want the problem resolved, we just wanted a reliable company to do the service. Now, listen to this. After we told the technician this, he went straight back to his place of employment and told the Service Manager, who then, contacted GE, and GE told them to order the part anyway.

Talk about unethical business practices! I couldn't believe it. Then the service manager got smart with me on the phone, and told me that I didn't have the right to tell them NOT to order the part. I couldn't believe my ears. I AM THE CONSUMER HERE! He had NO right, to do this, after we specifically told the technician what we did. He was out of line, and so is GE......AGAIN! Well, I contacted the Global Manager from Mitsubishi Worldwide, and he is on the case now. We will see what happens when they install the light engine tomorrow. We are still considering taking them all to court, for pain and suffering, lost wages, and whatever else we can do. They are all in cahoots. Technicians are specifically told NOT to deem a product "replaceable", even if they have to make 100 trips out, because GE does not want to stand behind their warranty.

Bokay19
Medway, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-Company-GE-Extended-Warranty-Service/Louisville-Kentucky-40225/General-Electric-Company-GE-Extended-Warranty-Service-does-unethical-business-practices-357843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric Company - GE Extended Warranty Service

False statements

AUTHOR: Colorado Tech - (U.S.A.)

First fact is that there is no such term as replaceable at G.E. No matter if you are a factory tech or a third party tech, you are told to make evey attempt to fix the unit. If you cannot then it will be escalated. The unfortunate side of this is that there is no lemon law for these products and no outlined policy on how many repairs constitute an exchange. I appologize that you have one of the exceptions that is not being treated the way i would want to be.