Complaint Review: General Electric Company

• Submitted: Wed, December 08, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 08, 2004

• Reported By:Petal Mississippi
General Electric Company
GE.com Madison Heights, Minnesota U.S.A.

General Electric Company Service Protection Plus ripoff and failure to fulfill word of contract Madison Heights Minnesota

I have been since August 24th trying to get the timer replaced on my washer/dryer combo. I have an extended warrenty service contract with GE and they have really lost my vote. They do not follow up and continue to make sure my work is being done. I am now in my third month trying to get my washer fixed. I have had to do all of the calling and have paid over $300 dollars on my contract.

They are now telling me I can start over by going through the process again or get someone else to fix my washer and then submit the payment to them and they will repay me up to $250 dollars. I am at a loss. There is really no one that I can turn to. I have called and the last customer service person I talked (her name was Kim) to was not only rude, but was of no help really. When you think of the fact I have to pay out to get my washer/dryer fixed, then I have to depend on a company GE to pay back money I have allready paid into them. It is unreal.

This is a company name you think you can trust, and it is turning out to be a really big rip off. I bought the contract so I would not have to worry when the problem occured. Now I have paid over $300 and still have to worry about money when I need my appliance fixed.

Val
Petal, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2004 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-Company/Madison-Heights-Minnesota-48071-7528/General-Electric-Company-Service-Protection-Plus-ripoff-and-failure-to-fulfill-word-of-con-121875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric Company